Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pizza  (Read 2471 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Pizza
« on: October 24, 2009, 06:14:03 pm »

For the past month+, I have been making pizza once a week.

This may be the start of a delicious skill.

As a result, it is a bit of a side-project to develop that skill.

Anyone else make pizza, or have any comments or suggestions?
(Do not suggest this gets moved, it is a creative project more than a general discussion or life advice, and has nothing to do with games, belongs in Finally, and should not go in the place that must not be named in fear of derailing/condemning the entire discussion)
Eh?
Eh!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Pizza
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 06:15:58 pm »

My grandma makes pizza.  It's super good.  The secret is having good sauce, I think, although having good crust counts just as much.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 11:51:52 pm »

Put a little cheese over the pizza once you're done with the toppings, it keeps everything on better.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 12:43:07 am »

Preperation of good tasteing pizza, like most food your individual preference weighs alot on how the pizza should taste.

Its best to experiment with it, or ask around where they make pizza you enjoy.
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 01:46:03 am »

My family has been making homemade pizza for ages...  But we don't make them the way most people do.

Last pizza I had was with garlic, onions, black and green olives, Romano and Monterey Jack (with peppers in it, so Pepper Jack) cheese, plus a covering of oregano.

That's it.  No sauce.  Crust is done Italian style, very thin and well done (personally, I prefer them a little thicker, but it's easier this way when made along with the other pizzas).

I can highly recommend a good Feta as well, but you do need to steer the toppings towards it otherwise it will seem a bit off.

Oh, and everything is of course done up by us.  No pre-sliced/mixed/baked whatevers.

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 02:14:40 am »

What I've been doing lately is putting rosemary in with the pizza base, and also roasting chicken breast with garlic and rosemary to shred on top of the pizza later. Tastes so good.
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 02:42:50 am »

My pizza is pretty much what ever I have in the cupboard/ refrigerator.
Usually start of with a pre-bought frozen pizza, chuck on pepperoni, ham, bacon, chunks of meat from leftover roasts, hunks of cream cheese or french cheese, olives, capers, a bit of Tabasco sauce, pineapple, plum sauce, dollops of mayonnaise then sprinkle with grated cheese.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 07:29:21 am »

Find some assorted road-kill, then turn it into slurry. Add some spicy stuff. make this sludge into a big cylinder. Scrape shreds of "meat" off it when cooked. Add to pizza.
Kebab meat rules.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 07:36:31 am »

Mmmm....

I haven't made pizza in a while, since making the dough is kinda a pain and a bit tedious for me; I'd use pre-made ones, but I don't like eating food with 156% of my daily sodium and 75% of my daily fat intake (seriously, it's bread and those numbers are real and piss me off).

My best advice would be to not overdo ingredients - keep it simple.  It's better to do several smaller styles then one that's got so much stuff you can't enjoy each item.

Aside from that, pizza is very much like a sandwich - whatever you like can be made to work on it.

Hell, in Japan, I hear they like warm mayo and shrimp.

*shudders*
is he okay?
In the traditional sense of the word?  No, he's been dissolved in magma.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 11:49:29 am »

I don't eat homemade pizza, but Domino's and Pizza Hut have the best non-homemade pizza.  Domino's thin crust is awesome, but their pan pizza sucks; and Pizza Hut's thin crust sucks, but their pan is awesome.  It's weird.

If I had to choose, I'd take the pan over the thin crust, but they're both really good.
Shoes...

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 10:39:28 am »

I think my pizza had cinnamon in the crust...
tasted kind of interesting.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 11:37:06 pm »

Try making the crust with choux dough mixed with normal dough. Seriously, it makes crust similar to the 'puff pastry' they sell at Dominoes. (Atleast in theory)
You should make Korean pros into game-ending, SPEED:0 megabeasts.
A Jaedong appears at your fort.
DF: gg
DF has left the game.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 05:35:38 am »

One of my favourite toppings is Tunafish, sweetcorn and ham. And yes, a good sauce is a must, do you make your own or is it store bought?

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
  • "Shhh! My common sense is tingling!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 01:17:52 pm »

You MUST make it. Two pizzas, in between them is one metric fuckton of beef, bacon bits, and cheese.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 03:05:35 pm »

Something I like is to forgo the sauce and put on slices of tomato under the cheese. (Very thin. Thick tomato slices are icky.)

I also like to use artichoke hearts, and sometimes asparagus. But what really makes it is the crust and spices. I like to add extra bay leaf and parsley.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.
Pages: [1] 2