Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Glazeviper, Succession and Community (sponsored)  (Read 6110 times)

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Glazeviper, Succession and Community (sponsored)
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2009, 10:10:05 am »

Here too  :D

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2009, 01:13:06 pm »

Maybe the whole campaign election thing is turning people off?  I'm honestly not a big fan of it, even though I had a little fun with it for a post :P
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2009, 07:35:37 pm »

Well I'll open the turns for anyone then. Everyone joined under the pretense of a community fort, but it really turns people off if there are no updates on their characters. You can't really become attached to your dwarf that way.

Anyone interested in having their characters compete in the arena? There would be videos and such of course, and it would be a lot of fun (imo) to buy and upgrade equipment to become the biggest badass in the fort.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2009, 11:31:46 am »

i wanted a dwarf and havent heard a single ting about him if he is even there

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2009, 06:03:54 pm »

That's because we had one player disappear, and the other run his turn through with very little reporting. If you'd like to take the next turn you can go ahead and name a dwarf after yourself. I'll be back in a few hours to maintain this thread; off to lab now.
The sigs topic:

barconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2009, 06:51:50 pm »

If nobody else grabs it by midday tomorrow, I'll take the next turn. I just don't want to snatch it out of anybody's fingers.  ;)

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2009, 07:44:58 pm »

lol thx but no thx. i am horrible with succesion forts. and i dont know how to upload the file either :) :(

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2009, 10:05:16 pm »

Oh well. At least your dwarf can go through the arena process if you want? You could become the champion of the arena!

Let's lay a few ground rules for prices, shall we? They are open for suggestion. And each dwarf who wishes to participate should start with 1000☼.

For armor, you should buy piece by piece, boots/gauntlets counted as pairs (rather than individual pieces). Then we should do a value modifier for material, another for quality, and one for size (so platemail is more expensive than chainmail).

This is just loosely based on availability of materials:
Leather/Silver, 50 (we should probably save silver for training weapons for real soldiers)
Copper, 75
Bronze, 85 (we will probably never have any of this without trading for it so it's expensive, but you can pick it for roleplay/characterization)
Iron, 110
Steel, 200 (we have to trade for this, and it's the best metal we get)

Quality modifiers,
1.0, 1.4, 1.8, 2.2, 2.6, 3.0

Size can be taken from the raws and posted if anyone is interested. Weapons should have a further 2.0 added on.

So, a +steel sword+ would be (3SIZE)(200MATERIAL)(1.8QUALITY)(2TYPE)=2160☼

If this interests anyone, we should figure out prizes and design the arena.
The sigs topic:

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2009, 12:01:23 am »

That's because we had one player disappear, and the other run his turn through with very little reporting.

Very little reporting?  Sheesh!  Talk about gratitude...
Do it.
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2009, 12:54:00 am »

Come now, your reporting in Severedcoils has raised my expectations too high!
The sigs topic:

barconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2009, 09:33:22 am »

Hey, Kenbo? That save is from 1 Moonstone, early winter. Was that what you wanted to put up there, or do you have a spring save somewhere?

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2009, 01:13:10 pm »

Huh... yeah, I have a spring save.  Maybe I grabbed the wrong one... I'll reupload when I get home from work later.
Do it.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2009, 08:00:11 pm »

Just bumping so Kenbo doesn't forget.
The sigs topic:

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2009, 09:25:05 pm »

Do it.

barconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2009, 12:03:12 pm »

It was the Architect that brought me the bad news. I'd been digging out that new cassiterite vein that'd do wonders for our economy if only we had some copper to go with it, so I was sleeping the sleep of the just and dreaming of this girl from back home. We were digging out a vein of gold, side by side, just the two of us, her long silky beard whipping my face with every stroke of her pick... like gossamer, that beard, not like real life, had a beard like raw pigtail on her she did... and suddenly she turns to me and takes my shoulders in her strong womanly hands.
"Kogan," she says, in a voice smoky as magma. "I've got something to tell you."
"Anything. You can tell me anything, darling."
She frowned and gave me a shake. "Stop fooling around, Kogan." She shook me harder. "Kogan. Kogan! WAKE UP!"
I open my eyes and see The Architect, not six inches away. That put the ice in my drawers right quick. He let go and backed away to a comfortable distance.
"I can't tell you how pleased I am, Kogan," he said, "Everybody here thinks you've been doing a super job." I looked around to see if my wallet was missing. "That work you've done, mining out this marvelous fortress, just masterful. So we all got together and agreed that you were absolutely the right person to lead us in this new year." He grabbed my hand and started pumping my arm like he expected water to gush out of my mouth. "Congratulations! I'd like to be the first to call you 'Boss'." He dropped my hand and headed for the door, then stopped and turned around. "Oh, by the way, we usually celebrate these kinds of events with a round of drinks. Funny thing... turns out there's not a drop of booze left in the fort. Folks are getting a bit grumpy, so you should probably take care of that before a mob gets together to, oh I don't know, maybe throw the new Mayor into the magma pipe or something. You know how we dwarves get when we get sober." He grinned and jabbed a grimy "Thumb's Up!" "Go get 'em, tiger!"

He was right. Not a single Armok-be-damned drop of booze anywhere. No barrels to brew more, either, nor logs for making barrels. And I hate like hell to make metal barrels when we've got barely enough iron to equip a small squad. Right. Nobody eats from full barrels, OK? Just onesies and twosies or out come the tongs.

[OOC: it's taking me a little while to get into this, with work and such, but I'll get my year done in a day or two.]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7