Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Glazeviper, Succession and Community (sponsored)  (Read 6109 times)

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
Re: Glazeviper, Succession and Community (sponsored)
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2009, 06:47:10 pm »

I promise a booze surplus.
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2009, 06:52:43 pm »

if you guys survive can i get a dwarf. named ascubis? profession what ever need to be done 9mining woodcutting masonry capntry what ever) then after becoming legendary or some decent stats can he join the military?

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2009, 07:09:28 pm »

Step down Chicken Launcher, You foul knave!

Your lies corrupt the ears of our people.
You'll probably give us Sewer Brew, Or something worse.

I promise us a Legendary Dining room, High Quality Meals, And Loads of Booze.
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2009, 07:23:23 pm »

Dwarves of Glazeviper, we must not succumb to Sava's intimidation. Let it be known, I vow on my beard to provide more alcohol than that fool, Sava, ever could! Would you rather drink water like a pansy elf?
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

Vicas

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Yargle
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2009, 07:26:03 pm »

Making campaign promises instead of hacking things apart and drinking heavily? How very undwarfy.

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2009, 07:38:05 pm »

aye, I'l hack things apart! As soon as I am elected, I promise to raise a strong military, and guard

I'l capture prisoners, and build an arena!

And why do you think I propose a statue garden? So that we can get drunk in there, and part all nigth long!

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2009, 12:24:26 am »

Alright, Sava it is! Though 2 for Glarthir, for the record! (mumbles something about undwarven inefficiency and cave adaptation) Bah, slay them all indoors! AND have a nice sunny statue garden. A vote for Architect is a vote for... oh wait, I'm not even eligible to run. Fie.

Will update this in a sec with the download. Upload will be short this time, used same file as for our shared game, Sava. Orc and Elf King mods only.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1523
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 12:55:27 am by The Architect »
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

TauQuebb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2009, 03:53:49 am »

i'll take the weapon smith if he is free?

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2009, 11:05:42 am »

1st Granite, 202, Early Spring.
I wish I had never won that stupid election. This fortress is a mess. The Architect tried to do as much as he could to get things running, but it wasn't much. At least we live in stone, and not in that stupid ice. You wanna know what my main job is? Building things. Out of ICE. I have to walk up and down our winding path, carying that frozen water in my hands to build a wall. Outside. In the cold wet air, The howls of the ice wolves are everywhere, carried by the wind. I hate my job.

15th Granite, 202, Early Spring.
Me and the Architect have been working on the wall for 15 days now. While I was carving some fortifications I spotted an elven caravan, It consisted of 2 elves, and 2 donkeys. Obviously they were lost and stumbled upon us by chance, i suppose if the ice wolves don't rip them apart on the way here, they migth return next year.

7th Slate, 202, Mid-Spring.
Started working on a Tower. Traded some biscuits to the elves for cages, booze, some berries, and some empty barrels.

11th Felsite, 202, Late spring.
Oh cool. This Fortress has a maximum FPS of around 180. The last month flew by SO quickly.
Anyways, we got some migrants. 12 Recruits, Cook, 2 Masons, Stonecrafter, Planter, Leather worker, and a Metalsmith.

14th Hematite, 202, Early Summer.
A Human Caravan arrived today. By selling our most expensive roast I manadged to buy some meat, some plants, and some wood. Unib started acting very strangely, almost as if he were possessed. As soon as we build a craftsdwarf's workshop he rushes to it and starts demanding... shell. What kind of idiot wants shell in the middle of a glacier? (sorry Unib, but you're gonna die.)

1st Malachite, 202, Mid-Summer.
A Blizzard man was interupting the construction of my tower, so I sent one of our squads to deal with him. On their way back they were ambushed by a big group of wolves (20 or s0). Half of them perished.

12t Malachite, 202, Mid-Summer.
Oh look! Migrants! I recruited 5 of them to replace our dead wrestler. The others were = A craftsdwarf, A herbalist, and a gem cutter. Spotted two more Blizzard men, Killed them both with no injuries on our side.

1st Galena, 202, Late Summer.
Me and the remaining starting 7 decided to have a party. Unib's a gonner for sure now, he's running around babbling, and taking off all of his clothes, If he goes outside he'll die of frostburn almost immediately.

15th Limstone, 202, Early Autumn.
A Dwarven Caravan has arrived! Bought the Usuals (food, booze, wood, barrels).

2nd Sanstone, 202, Mid-Autumn.
Goblin Ambush. Our military took care of it without any problems. Also, Unib finally died today.

10th Timber, 202, Late Autumn.
Some Migrants arrived today, we got a mason, a butcher, a metalcrafter, and 5 new recruits.

10th Moonstone, 202, Early Winter.
Darish and Kogan got married today, And they've decided to have a party. My tower got finished, and i've started stockpiling as much food as I can in the basement. Also, i've noticed strong feelings of affection for Unib. I migth lock him up with me, and set both of us as military dwarves so we can train why I sit in my tower (reminds you of rapunzel, huh?)

22nd Moonstone, 202, Early Winter.
Goblin ambush. They Killed a donkey and some mason before our champions had the time to rush outside and stop them.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 03:28:02 pm by sava2004 »

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2009, 02:47:12 pm »

i'll take the weapon smith if he is free?

I don't know if you will. You have to decide.

(On a less punctuation-nazi note, all of the dwarves are taken.)

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2009, 03:20:37 pm »

tell me what skills you want, and i'l give you an immigrant with them.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2009, 06:40:49 pm »

If he does take a weaponsmith, the guy won't be smithing anything. We brought along a freaking professional to keep idiots out of the forge.

Anyway, you need to read better. Don't let Unib die because you can't unforbid some turtle. Come on man, this is a harsh reprimand, but seriously don't murder someone else's character.

Edit: we have shell.

Look at the lengths I went to to save Glarthir! That well... it's beautiful. Actually, it's a makeshift piece of garbage, but it will keep us in water for years if we don't run out of booze.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 06:43:21 pm by The Architect »
The sigs topic:

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2009, 09:18:14 pm »

wait... so you're saying there was shell somewhere?

Checked the stock menu, there was/is none.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 09:20:32 pm by sava2004 »

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2009, 12:41:56 am »

wow
Edit: that's a fairly easy mistake to make. But you've got a lot of experience playing.

THEY ARE FORBIDDEN. Of course it says "None". Press tab.

There is a load of turtle ready for this. No way I'd embark without them, don't want anyone to lose their dwarf for silly reasons. I also have silk cloth laid by, and aluminum bars, and I keep the best gems uncut.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 12:44:21 am by The Architect »
The sigs topic:

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2009, 01:13:57 am »

Thought your narration was entertaining.

Oh yea, and I was so busy trying to keep everyone alive on the glacier map that I broke the rules and didn't make a house for myself. Spring just kinda came. Considering there were only 7 of us, it probably would have been bad to lock our fastest and strongest (isn't bookkeeping great?) dwarf away. Sava, be sure you remember to build yourself a house with all the tools of your trade present, and of course all the necessities. You have to sulk in there and never use the main dining room, etc until you're reelected.

Also, I nominate myself for reelection so I can build my house! Everyone who votes for me will drink Sunshine and eat legendary foods! Anyone who opposes the dwarf who rules with an iron fist will eat plump helmets and drink cruor!

Do we want the housing rule? Come to think of it, it's pretty impossible to enforce given the necessity of having our primary 7 work. We can't exactly lock our best planters away forever...

The new player's character could be changed to be the broker, etc. But that still leaves the other problems, such as who mines while our legendary miner/weaponsmith is locked in his forge room?
The sigs topic:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7