Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Miners refusing to mine. [Resolved - Stupid Mistake]  (Read 654 times)

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
Miners refusing to mine. [Resolved - Stupid Mistake]
« on: October 23, 2009, 05:33:48 pm »

I started up a new game, embarked, etc. I began digging into a hillside, and everything was going as planned. However, suddenly, my miners stopped mining the stairway before it was finished. They weren't going to sleep or drink or anything else. Their job displays "No Job" and it's been that way for a while. I checked and they have mining enabled, the area is accessible, they have picks, and there is a designation. They were mining before with no problem, and stopped when I wasn't doing anything. I also tried restarting DF. The only mod I'm running is Dig Deeper, and I'm on 40d16. Help me fix my dorfs!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 07:47:20 pm by Chicken Launcher »
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Miners refusing to mine.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 06:11:08 pm »

They probably can't reach the digging site, probably because you dug the wrong kind of stairs.  If you're trying to dig stairs down into the rock, you have to first dig a downward stair on the floor, and then designate an upward stair or up/down stair in the tile directly below.  Apologies if you already knew that, but you did mention stairs and I can't tell how new you are.

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
Re: Miners refusing to mine.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 07:46:45 pm »

OH F- Goddamnit, I'm stupid. I just realized that I dug a down stair instead of an up/down stair. Not a beginner mistake, I've built a lot of main stairways before, just a dumb one :P.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 07:55:26 pm by Chicken Launcher »
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin