Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: holy carp! the tallest mountain i've ever seen! (140z)  (Read 8421 times)

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: holy carp! the tallest mountain i've ever seen! (140z)
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2009, 09:01:48 am »

Based on your engravings, your HFS does not have flying clowns.  The master clown always flies, however, so you'll have to kill him.  But then you can drop nobles down as blood sacrifices without a problem =)

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2010, 10:52:10 am »

I can't be assed to dig around like a maniac so I'll ask the question here.

I embarked on an area with the pipe towards the bottom-left, I have a view of all three peaks, and there is a corner of brook in the upper-left hand side.  I set up camp in a U-shaped valley of sorts a few tiles northeast of the pipe.

Now, where is the underground river, roughly speaking?  Last time I looked for one, I almost dug out the entire place and it ended up being IN THE VERY LAST Z-LEVEL I WAS EXPLORING.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2010, 11:07:50 am »

I can't be assed to dig around like a maniac so I'll ask the question here.

I embarked on an area with the pipe towards the bottom-left, I have a view of all three peaks, and there is a corner of brook in the upper-left hand side.  I set up camp in a U-shaped valley of sorts a few tiles northeast of the pipe.

Now, where is the underground river, roughly speaking?  Last time I looked for one, I almost dug out the entire place and it ended up being IN THE VERY LAST Z-LEVEL I WAS EXPLORING.

Rather than revive a little over thee-month-old thread to ask, you could use one of the time-tested methods of using a reveal tool on a copy of the save, or using VF, or pressing the 'd' key to show designations then rooting around in the dark until you see the flashing 'damp' tiles. But if you don't want to do that, you could go to the bottom z-level and dig horizontal lines every 6 squares until you find the river's chasm, since we know from the first post that the river ends on the map.

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2010, 11:52:34 am »

The bottom chasm was the part I had overlooked.  Sorry about the bump.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]