Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Giving water with no buckets  (Read 582 times)

fmunoz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wesnoth.org
Giving water with no buckets
« on: November 03, 2006, 04:30:00 pm »

Leather waterskin (and mugs too) should be able to bring water/drink to the wounded dwarves. Maybe it shiuld remove less thirst than a full bucket.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Giving water with no buckets
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 05:30:00 pm »

Agreed.

However, it should be made that the game will run through a list in top to bottom order of water containers, and then attempt to get a dwarf to use that container to water an injured dwarf.

A list could be:
- A free bucket
- A free water skin
- Military dwarf with a filled water skin (said dwarf gives the water) *1
- Bucket attached to a well (bucket temporarilly removed, but automatically filled with water from the well)
- Bucket attached to a well which is a meeting hall
- Bucket from a workshop not in use (work cannot start until bucket is returned)
- Bucket from a workshop in use (work is temporarilly halted until bucket is returned)
- Use a barrel of booze from the food stockpile *2

*1 if the dwarf that's injured is also military, that dwarf gets a better thought, and the military dwarf giving the water also gets a good thought. If they're in the same squad, the reaction should be even better.
*2 the one with the least amount of booze that's the closest to the injured dwarf by steps.

Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 03:26:00 pm »

I almost agree with the list... but booze should be at the top, not the bottom!

Turpitude

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 08:07:00 pm »

I concur, poor crippled dwarves never get sloshed.  I also think dwarves in the jail should get booze, but that's debatable.
hat sphinx of cement and aluminium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination?

Doler 12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 10:48:00 am »

The should get water and only booze when there is no water. Wounded dwarf should be given booze. It is just stupid that you wounded dwarf dies of thirst
BLOCKQUOTE>quote:
Originally posted by Helmaroc:
<STRONG>I saw one peasant and all his family was dead of old age. Nephews, parents, grandparents, children, brothers. All dead. I let him jo

MindSnap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 11:20:00 am »

I think that helms should be added to that list, and maybe even boots. However, it would add an unhappy thought.