Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Restoration of Ages, an AoR Variant. (1 City Going, Still Accepting Players)  (Read 11325 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Additionally, i feel i should remind you that at the moment you own no external buildings and have no incomes of any sort; any resources you start with are entirely limited in scope, you've got 26,000 people to feed, which is going to cost you 20 food per turn, your warehouse stores are going to run out pretty quick if you don't divert some Labour to securing a food source.

I'll look into writing some sort of simple flash app to deal with tile specifics and stuff for when you start messing around with food counts and soforth.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have given my orders. I recommend following them.
I also recommend making requests.
Long Live United Forenia!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

( ° 3°)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What.
Also poltifar, yes, I know. I will deal with that once all players have replied to me.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

It seemed an appropriate emoticon at the time. I'm not entirely sure myself to be honost. It did seem like a good idea, but i'll be damned if i can remember why.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nooo! I have failed to respond within a
few hours to an AoR-type game.
Curse thee, foul sleep! I'll get a turn up when
I have decided what I will request.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, Archangel, I dont think you can research stuff, like you do in your game post. It's my job you know.
Hum, yeah, normally anyone would be able to divert people to research, but since we have somone who's entire job is researching stuff, i'm gonna hafta say that only Poltifar can specifically set people to research.

Other people might get random ideas (because random is the operative word), but if everyone can specifically divert labour to researching then Poltifar kind of doesn't have a job.
Ok. I was tossing up between research and building anyway. I will do as the King asked.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could we please get some more info on tools?
What they are needed for. What they're made from.
How many tools are made by one worker.
Are they expended on use? It's quite vague.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Sure, i'll crystallise some stuff on tools and stick it in the front page as soon as i get what i'm doing atm finished.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jetsquirrel... hasn't read the rules at all, I think. Sort of requisite for participation.
:[
Read 'em now.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile

wait wait wait im confused now
a. I have red the rules already
b. do we run a city together or alone? <-- reason why i am confused
c.IF we run a city alone then can i do it plzzz tommorow? i need to rethink my actions

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile

at my turn i thought we had 10 labor pionts to spent  :-[
my bad

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Could we please get some more info on tools?
What they are needed for. What they're made from.
How many tools are made by one worker.
Are they expended on use? It's quite vague.

Items have been added to the Rules Page.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Race: Deep Dwarves
The Deep Dwarves reclined into the mountains when wars began to break out and chaos took over the land. They live on chasm life and fungi, getting water from the occasional rivers under the mountains. They have learned to use cave water for their "farms" of fungi, using various inedible but organic items for the fungi's food. They are extremely heliophobic to the point where thay can't even spend minutes in the sun, due to their cave adaptation. Nausea, vomiting, and death from the sun can occur in as little as an hour. They have skill with metal and stone, digging and forging with remarkable ease and quality. They are xenophobic, rejecting those who come from above. Their cities are isolated communities far deeper than the humans dig, and at the limits of their srufacegoing kin's tunnels. Some of the deepest cities go far enough down to gather heat from the mantle of the earth. The Deep Dwarves have forgotten much of the craft that the surfacegoing dwarves retained, but the skill is still burned into their veins.

I'm thinking
     3 PTs: Special Farms
     -2 PTs: Lethal Heliophobia
     2 PTs: Master Craftsmen
     1 PT: Metalworking Memory

City: Gavenshal
Gavenshal is one of the oldest cities of the Deep Dwarves, but it was recently damaged severely from a cave in. Many forges and some stockpiles were destroyed, and the King was trapped behind the rubble, dieing from the wounds given by the falling debris before the miners could rescue him. The city is deep underground, near a large underground lake. Magma in some pools comes up near the city, and in the city there is a pipe that remains uncarved, just a cylindrical tube rising up. There is also a rift in the ground, rising up many miles but ending a few hundred feet below the city. Some deeper chasm creatures are hunted here.

Jobs coming soon

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Hm, if the Heliophobia means you can never travel above-ground and must always tunnel to new locations, then i'd say it's more like a -4 penalty, as tunneling is not exactly fast.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8