Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Restoration of Ages, an AoR Variant. (1 City Going, Still Accepting Players)  (Read 11330 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

I'll let Poltifar take it. I'll make a new race/civ.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Well if you want to bail out of New Hope you'll need tae wait for some more people to join.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

K. I'll wait. Dibs on race application though.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Alrighty, Redwarrior0 has bailed out. The roles are as follows;

Jetsquirrel Minister of Mining and Trade (Responsible for all mining and quarrying of stone and ores. Also responsible for trade and land-based transportation of goods.)
4000 People
2 Warehouses

thunderclan Head of Construction (Responsible for all construction that is not Mining or Navy related.)
4000 People
2 Warehouses

Archangel General (Commander of the land-based Armed Forces.)
2000 People
2 Military Units
1 Warehouse

NUKE9.13 Monarch (Sets diplomatic policy. Responsible for everything that is not covered by another role.)
8000 People
2 Military Units (City Watch)
10 Warehouses

Nirur Torir Minister of Water Affairs (Responsible for all Water Affairs, Fishing, Shipyards, Shipbuilding, transportation via sea and Navies.)
4000 People
2 Warehouses

Poltifar Guildmaster of the Scholar's Guild (Responsible for technological achievements, ideas and research.)
4000 People
2 Warehouses

Note: The Scholar's Guild is not responsible for building Universities to increase their productivity, that falls to the Head of Construction.

I'll have the map up in a moment and then the game can begin.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

K I'm thinking off stuff for race, but I'll have to do it tomorrow

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

New Hope has been founded. Head to the Gameplay Thread if you want to post actions.

Remember, turnover is 1 week or until i have actions from all players, whichever comes first.

There's a map for New Hope up on the first page, map key will be up in a jiffy.

Note that Local Hexes are given a letter from A to R, clockwise, starting from the hex directly north of the central hex. There is a link below the city image that shows these reference letters superimposed over the image for ease of use in deciding where stuff goes.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 11:12:42 pm by Neruz »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Also, before i forget; if you have Warehouses under your command you may allocate up to 8 units of resources (any resource you like) to each Warehouse for free. Lucky you! (You don't have to allocate 8 units if you don't want.)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since this is atleast partially an RP game, do we get to name our ingame-character whatever we want, or do we have to use our forum name?
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Either, your call.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do I get to pick what type of unit my soldiers are?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Oh, right, yes.

With basic weapons you can pick Axes, Clubs, Spears, Javalins, Shorbows and Slings. Unfortunately you don't have horses yet, so no mounted forces. And unfortunately you lack armor technology as well.

Ovbiously they can be made out of whatever materials you know how to work, although presumably they'll all be primarily wood, since copperworking is a very recent innovation.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 04:16:11 am by Neruz »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are some things in the rules that arent too clear:

What is Construction time? Is it time in years? Does assigning more labor to a project decrease the time linearly? (ie: Project with 4 CT and 1 labor assigned takes 4 years, Project with 4 CT and 2 labor assigned takes 2 years, Project with 4 CT and 4 labor assigned takes 1 year, etc...)

What is the difference between using wood or stone in constructing something other than more Construction time and invulnerability to fire?

Do tools made out of better resources give bonuses?

Do we need tools to build constructions, or are they just an optional thing to get bonuses?

Do we need forges/tools/charcoal to smelt ore into metal? And to smith metal into tools/weapons?

Do we need tools/carpenter workshops to work wood?

If we do have tools, are they all just generic ' Wooden Tools (basic)' or 'Metal tools (advanced)' or whatever, or do we have different kinds of tools, like carpenter's tools, smith's tools, etc...
<@Akroma> eh

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

There are some things in the rules that arent too clear:

I'm not in the least bit surprised.

What is Construction time? Is it time in years? Does assigning more labor to a project decrease the time linearly? (ie: Project with 4 CT and 1 labor assigned takes 4 years, Project with 4 CT and 2 labor assigned takes 2 years, Project with 4 CT and 4 labor assigned takes 1 year, etc...)

Yes it's in years, as for labour, good question. On the one hand assigning labour should definitely increase the speed at which things are built, on the other hand there are limits on how many people can work on the same thing.

I think, linear reduction in time, but to a limit, large projects would have a higher limit, i'll probably have to come up with a limit for each construction.

What is the difference between using wood or stone in constructing something other than more Construction time and invulnerability to fire?

Well if you get besieged then ovbiously stone things would be harder to destroy, but mostly it's the fire thing. Fire isn't a huge issue for you guys right now, but as your city grows the threat of fire grows too, not entirely sure how i'll handle that, but there will definitely be a point where it'll be a real good idea to start replacing wood buildings with stone ones or risk losing the lot in a city-wide fire.

You'd also need to build certain structures out of stone; Forges for example are going to have to be stone.

Do tools made out of better resources give bonuses?

Correct, as do better tools.

Do we need tools to build constructions, or are they just an optional thing to get bonuses?

You do not, but they will reduce the construction time.

Do we need forges/tools/charcoal to smelt ore into metal? And to smith metal into tools/weapons?

Yes to needing tools and fuel, no to needing forges, although forges will improve the quality and reduce the amount of labour required.

Do we need tools/carpenter workshops to work wood?

No, but having such structures would provide bonuses to working with wood.

If we do have tools, are they all just generic ' Wooden Tools (basic)' or 'Metal tools (advanced)' or whatever, or do we have different kinds of tools, like carpenter's tools, smith's tools, etc...

Probably not going to get more specific than 'material tools quality', there are limits :P
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 04:49:08 am by Neruz »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, Archangel, I dont think you can research stuff, like you do in your game post. It's my job you know.
<@Akroma> eh

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Hum, yeah, normally anyone would be able to divert people to research, but since we have somone who's entire job is researching stuff, i'm gonna hafta say that only Poltifar can specifically set people to research.

Other people might get random ideas (because random is the operative word), but if everyone can specifically divert labour to researching then Poltifar kind of doesn't have a job.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8