Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Restoration of Ages, an AoR Variant. (1 City Going, Still Accepting Players)  (Read 11324 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Any construction that other roles don't have.

Ex: You won't be controlling ship\dock building, cause the Minister of Water Affairs gets that.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How many resources does a generic warehouse store?
How many resources does a specialized warehouse store?
Can empty warehouses be freely switched between generic and specialized?
Fishing can be done without boats, correct?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Warehouses added to rules.

And correct; You may fish coastal water tiles without botes.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Warehouses added to rules.

And correct; You may fish coastal water tiles without botes.

Quote from: Wikipedia, Omniscient Source of all Knowledge
In legal history, a bote, also spelled bot or bót, was a compensation, recompense, or amends. It is the source of a variety of other terms, including the following: manbote, which is amends paid to a lord for a servant who was killed; boteless, where no judgment or favor will acquit someone, as would be the case for sacrilege; fire-bote, house-bote, hedge-bote, plow-bote, etc. It is also the source of the common phrase to boot. It also stands for in german messenger.

Great, I hate worrying about legal stuff. Rafts too. Useless, pretentious buggers they are.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Hur hur hur.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will be the king.
King Samson the Second.
All hail me.

Now accepting bribes in exchange for priority access to warehouses.
Long Live United Forenia!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since we haven't invented currency, I'll give you some ... uh, fish. Yea, that's the ticket, everyone likes fish.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Yeah, you guys are starting riiiight at the start of the Tool Age ish, so basically copperworking right now with the possibility for bronze in the not too distant future if you can locate some tin (and copper of course.)

So yeah, you're still on a barter economy.

I think there's still one person who hasn't picked a role yet?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jobs : The Manager of mining operations and trade
Commander of the Watch or a General.
I want to be the Minister of Water Affairs. Fishing, ship building, and eventual navy admiral. Hopefully we'll invent airships one day, just 'cause I like zeppelins.
Head of Construction
Weapon Design Researcher: Designs better weapons. Nuff said.
I will be the king.
King Samson the Second.
All hail me.

Now accepting bribes in exchange for priority access to warehouses.

Looks like everybody's posted a role, unless Sean's playing.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh hey, nice game. I'd like to join if its not too late.

Job: Guildmaster of the Guild of Scholars. (Basically the guild of all the scientists/researchers/librarians/smartypants in the city that dont belong to any other more specific group)

EDIT: And a question: If no one takes a specific job, say 'Farmer's Guild Guildmaster', does everyone get to build farms anyways? Or do we all die of famine because no one knows how to plant stuff? :P
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As king of the city I shall provide for my subjects all resources and services they cannot provide for themselves, in exchange for absolute loyalty.

Also redwarrior you might want to rethink your role; it is pretty specific. Better to be the scientist dude (and fight with poltifar over it) or a farmer/lumberjack/other job.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Engineer of Military Technologies? More general, as it can refer to siege weapons, design of wall to best fight off siege, traps, and weapons (all once we get to that point)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well if you really want to. Just saying, you won't be getting much action that way, especially if Neruz lets poltifar in.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile

when will we be able to do actions?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

RedWarrior and Poltifar are gonna need to rework their roles; Red's is a bit too specific, Poltifar's is more like it, but steps on the toes of RedWarrior's role.

The gaem will begin and you'll be able to do stuff as soon as the roles are worked out.

And by default, everything falls to the leader to decide. However the leader starts with limited resources; picking roles grants extra resources (people, warehouses etc) but breaks the chain of command up, so balancing the roles and the resources available to each player is somewhat important.

Also, with Poltifar that's 6 people and New Hope is full. Any new applications will go to a new race, city and location!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8