Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Restoration of Ages, an AoR Variant. (1 City Going, Still Accepting Players)  (Read 11329 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

CURRENTLY ACCEPTING PLAYERS!

This thread is for the ruels and out-of-game discussions about the Restoration of Ages game. If it's not an in-game action, it belongs here.

The Game thread can be found here.

Restoration of Ages (An Age of Restoration variant)

Da Ruels.

Spoiler: Turns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Warehouses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hexes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Base Terrain (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Special Features (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hunting (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Farming (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mining (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Military and Diplomats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Labour (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Coinage (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Constructions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Technologies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Expansion (click to show/hide)

Ovbiously this is not the complete rules for the game; new rules will be generated and added as they become neccessary (like materials for weapons and soforth.)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 06:11:23 am by Neruz »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Restoration of Ages, an AoR Variant. (ACCEPTING PLAYERS)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 10:17:31 pm »

How to Join.

Say you're in.

Actually that's about as hard as it is at the moment. Once we have 6 or so people the game will begin.

Once the game begins, the players need to establish some things to continue:

Race (Name, Backstory, Strengths\Weaknesses, other Special Stuff)
City (Name, Surrounding biomes, other Special Stuff)
Jobs (Names, Roles)

Once i have something that looks like a semblance of agreement the city will magically appear somewhere in the world and the game will begin!

There will be a limit on how many players can be in one city, 6 - 8 seems about right. If more than that number of players join the game then they shall start in a second city somewhere else, and will need to go through the process again.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 10:28:36 pm by Neruz »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 10:17:48 pm »

CURRENT PLAYERS

Spoiler: New Hope (click to show/hide)

City 2
RedWarrior0
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 10:24:51 pm by Neruz »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 10:18:04 pm »

Frequently Asked Questions

Fishing can be done without boats, correct?

Correct. Coastal water tiles (Water tiles with land adjacent) along with Rivers and Swamps may be fished without boats.

What is Construction time? Is it time in years? Does assigning more labor to a project decrease the time linearly? (ie: Project with 4 CT and 1 labor assigned takes 4 years, Project with 4 CT and 2 labor assigned takes 2 years, Project with 4 CT and 4 labor assigned takes 1 year, etc...)

Yes it's in years, as for labour, good question. On the one hand assigning labour should definitely increase the speed at which things are built, on the other hand there are limits on how many people can work on the same thing.

I think, linear reduction in time, but to a limit, large projects would have a higher limit, i'll probably have to come up with a limit for each construction.

What is the difference between using wood or stone in constructing something other than more Construction time and invulnerability to fire?

Well if you get besieged then ovbiously stone things would be harder to destroy, but mostly it's the fire thing. Fire isn't a huge issue for you guys right now, but as your city grows the threat of fire grows too, not entirely sure how i'll handle that, but there will definitely be a point where it'll be a real good idea to start replacing wood buildings with stone ones or risk losing the lot in a city-wide fire.

Do tools made out of better resources give bonuses?

Correct, as do better tools.

Do we need tools to build constructions, or are they just an optional thing to get bonuses?

You do not, but they will reduce the construction time.

Do we need forges/tools/charcoal to smelt ore into metal? And to smith metal into tools/weapons?

Yes to needing tools and fuel, no to needing forges, although forges will improve the quality and reduce the amount of labour required.

Do we need tools/carpenter workshops to work wood?

No, but having such structures would provide bonuses to working with wood.

If we do have tools, are they all just generic ' Wooden Tools (basic)' or 'Metal tools (advanced)' or whatever, or do we have different kinds of tools, like carpenter's tools, smith's tools, etc...

Probably not going to get more specific than 'material tools quality', there are limits :P
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 04:47:52 am by Neruz »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 10:18:20 pm »

Discovered Races

Spoiler: Hardy Humans (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 09:51:19 pm by Neruz »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Map Locations

Spoiler: Local Map Key (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Hope (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 06:38:14 am by Neruz »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile

reserved but i will do it later k?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Thas k. There's no hurry.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile

Reserving a spot while I sleep on the details  ;D

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am in. I suggest we have a militarised dictatorial monarchy with multi-race population.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In. I shall read the rules directly.
Long Live United Forenia!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spot claimed. Since we'll have to do it anyway, here are my votes:

Race: Human.
Government: Monarchy.
City: Greensport. Built next to a bay to the east, sits on both sides of an east/west river. Mostly grasslands to the north, forests to the south, with some hills to the west.
Job: I want to be in charge of fishing and ship construction. Maybe migrate to being in charge of the navy later.

Edit - Bonuses:
2 points - Militaristic! Troops improved!
2 points - Excellent shipwrights! Ships improved!

Admit it, at least half of us will command armed forces. We want quality troops.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 08:19:53 am by Nirur Torir »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

I feel i should probably add that you get 4 'points' for determining racial bonuses. A 1 'point' bonus is something like 'Grain Farming yields +1 extra food'. A 2 'point' bonus is something like 'can cross Desert tiles without penalty or need for water'. A 3 'point' bonus is something like 'Can build special farms on mountain squares'. A 4 'point' bonus would be something like 'Base Labour gain from 1000 population is doubled (to 2)'

You can also take penalties, which provide extra 'points'. So for example taking the penalty that Quarries produce 1 less stone would get you 1 extra point to get bonuses with.

The system is pretty informal, so don't expect me to be too specific about bonuses and penalties.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile

Race : Dwarf
racial bonuses are
-"2 Pionts" Mining prospector: have a higher chance to find gems or any other valuable ores
-"2 Pionts" Kodo's(just like packmules) they are better than any other pack animal, they can carry more,are tougher and can attack pretty good but at the expense of speed
-"2 pionts penalty" bad farmers : cannot make very good food , and cannot make all kinds of food for example they can only use wheat and a few other ones
-"2 pionts" Excellent brewers : They can make very good booze and from all kinds of things. rendering some booze very valuable
City : its made near a mountian with lots of forrest around and 3 roads leading to 3 other different cities, there is also a river that streams from the mountians
Jobs : The Manager of mining operations and trade
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 08:06:21 am by Jetsquirrel »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I hate to be a grammer nazi, but... "Ruels"? Unless of course it's intentional...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8