Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sword riddled succession game  (Read 696 times)

grey9

• Bay Watcher
  • maker of red 2's
    • View Profile
sword riddled succession game
« on: October 22, 2009, 04:34:56 pm »

I am thinking about starting a new succession game. Players would sign up and then take a turn when the time came after there turn they would be allowed  to name a dwarf after themselves. Monuments would be done in addition but after the current rulers normal duties after all players have taken a turn the list is restarted. I have found a suitable site the area is 7x10
 so this is not for the person with a slow computer here we shall build  DASTOTDALLITH Swordriddled

this will be starting soon please sign up.
i cant make a labyrinth i dont understand pressure plates

Servu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: sword riddled succession game
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 11:53:39 am »

Uhh... My comp is reasonably fast, but isn't a 7*10 area a bit extreme? That would make even medium scale mining impossible. And even if you could play it for a couple of years, the map would soon lag so much that no-one could run it anymore. Even with the most powerful comps. Most of that space would be left unused anyways.

Is the site specifically neat for building or is there some other reason why to pick such a large area?

grey9

• Bay Watcher
  • maker of red 2's
    • View Profile
Re: sword riddled succession game
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 03:57:08 pm »

no it is one layer of yellow sand with claystone marble and granite there is a river running through it I can reduce the size to something much  smaller
i cant make a labyrinth i dont understand pressure plates