Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: This sounds strange but...  (Read 28230 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: This sounds strange but...
« Reply #255 on: November 12, 2009, 04:59:09 pm »

Stop being sharply dressed with sunglasses.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 12, 2009, 05:02:16 pm »

Stop derailing the subject
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 12, 2009, 07:29:41 pm »

There needs to be a word equivalent to "guy" for women. "Girl" starts being offensive well before "woman" stops sounding a little weird, at least in certain contexts.

ie I'm 22 and in a group of friends that includes a lot of males and females, if I'm hanging out with 3 of the guys, and one of us were like "this is a sausagefest, someone call up the women" it would sound weird as hell. We would probably say "call up the girls" but a lot of people would take offense to that.

Any proposals on what the female "guys" should be?
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 12, 2009, 07:35:08 pm »

I just use guys. It's used for a mixed group to the point where it no longer implies masculinity but instead just a gender-variable group of people. Of course, a lot of people still get iffy about this. Particularly the women/girls. Any word we could suggest would more than likely be just as weird. The best bet you have is to ask a girl/woman friend what they think on the issue.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 12, 2009, 07:41:52 pm »

Females. Pronounced like Tamales. (FA mal EES
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 12, 2009, 09:19:01 pm »

Ladies, especially when you raise your eyebrows and put that perfect inflection on it.  You know what inflection I'm talking about, but I can't really describe it.  It's the kind of inflection that can only be denoted by asterisks.

Ladies.
Shoes...

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 12, 2009, 09:40:33 pm »

Ladies, especially when you raise your eyebrows and put that perfect inflection on it.  You know what inflection I'm talking about, but I can't really describe it.  It's the kind of inflection that can only be denoted by asterisks.

Ladies.

"This thread has been derailed... ladies."

*ahem* So, Hoborobo, anything to report? From your last post, it seems like things aren't going... badly. Personally, I think that unless something amazing develops, you should just lock this topic. I think that every useful tidbit of advice, good and bad, has been stated and restated multiple times.

(You can lock a topic by modifying your original post, and clicking the "Additional Options" link near the bottom of the page.)
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 12, 2009, 09:54:39 pm »

Also a button on the bottom left corner of every page in the thread.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 13, 2009, 12:58:43 am »

Ladies.

I said it involuntarily while reading this.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 13, 2009, 03:50:26 am »

Aww no, I want to know how this ends, this is a cliffhanger!  :D

And stop derailing the thread.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 13, 2009, 04:27:23 am »

I just love how I try to give helpful advice, and am then told to stop derailing. Despite the fact that HomoRobo has not listened to any of the advice presented here - or even at least the serious advice, I wouldn't expect to be the one who is doing the damage.

I'm outta here.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 13, 2009, 04:39:53 am »

Finally.  ;D

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 13, 2009, 10:59:07 am »

Ok, First off.

I told Helpful Friend that I was gonna ask Her out sometime. She didn't say anything that was helpful, you can never tell when someone is lying on MSN. I mentioned that we should keep a secret between me and her.

So its today and she wanders off along with Helpful Friend and Shorty. I stick around with the guys but get bored and decide to go looking for them. Look in their tutor base and shorty's there with a few others. Get chatting with the guys there and shorty wanders off. As I leave, I pass where they are all congreagted and walk on by as if everything is cool. Then Shorty calls me, I walk back and she says: " Hey it was Ella you were looking for, right?" and gives me the most unsubtle wink ever. Helpful friend is not cool, man. epsecially when she goes around tell stuff
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 13, 2009, 11:02:46 am »

You confided in a fifteen year old girl and she couldn't keep her mouth shut?

You're a trailblazer man, discovering amazing new things.
Shoes...

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 23, 2009, 02:01:10 pm »

Yeah i had a chat with helpful friend, turns out that she doesnt like me. But this is sometime after first contact.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20