Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fuck the World **SPOILERS**  (Read 2192 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck the World **SPOILERS**
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 12:32:57 am »

hmm... Ringmaster's not on the unit list. I've been going on the reclaim for a while now... I guess that means we should have met up? Is it possible to find a funhouse without a Ringmaster?

EDIT: Okay, I abandoned. (my dwarves weren't dying because we holed up, ironically enough, inside the funhouse) and looked at legends.

In the late summer of 51, the demon Ungod Monsterkiller was released by careless miners in the deepest recesses of Urgearrow.

In the late summer of 51, the demon Ungod Monsterkiller died in the heat in Urgearrow.

So one of the hot clowns killed the ringmaster.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 12:40:22 am by Cruxador »

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 02:07:59 am »

Wait... what?

That's not possible... ring master is immune to fire isn't he?
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 03:20:39 am »

Whoa.
That shouldn't happen.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 03:27:56 am »

FIRE_IMMUNE doesn't currently grant immunity to heat.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Huin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 03:38:29 am »

I've released hot clowns before (that sounds so wrong). Then I managed to seal up the path to the HFS pits, containing only a single clown within my fort. This clown then managed to get to my main stairwell before hitting my standing army. Interestingly enough, my army won without losing any members. Checking the unit list afterwards showed that a demon (apart from the hot clown) was deceased, although I never found where it died.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 05:15:20 am »

FIRE_IMMUNE doesn't currently grant immunity to heat.
Okay, yeah, that makes sense, now that I remember the one time I fought flame juggling clowns, there was no ringleader(or at least, I never fought one, let's just assume it burned to a crisp), interesting.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 11:15:02 am »

The ringmaster, like dragons, is immune to his own fire but not to wildfires. Fire imps, fire men, magma men, and firebreathing clowns have very high internal temperatures. Generally speaking, if the creature can survive magma he's fire immune since the fire is freakin cold to him. If the magma will kill him, so will a brushfire.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2009, 05:50:34 pm »

Fire Imps have the tokens HEATDAM_POINT and IGNITE_POINT that provide specific heat protection. The heat from a SoF would still kill them but not the heat from magma or other hot creatures.

Fire Snakes, Fire Men, Magma Men and SoF lack the STANDARD_FLESH token which means they are heat (and possibly cold) immune.

FIREIMMUNE really means they are immune to FIREBREATH. FIREIMMUNE_SUPER is the same for DRAGONFIREBREATH (and maybe FIREBREATH.)

Maybe Demons should not have STANDARD_FLESH. (HEATDAM and IGNITE POINTs high enough to protect them from SoF would protect them from any other heat source anyway.)
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2009, 06:28:54 am »

Ok guys, I am not used to these circus metaphors. What do you mean by Ringmaster?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2009, 06:35:17 am »

Ok guys, I am not used to these circus metaphors. What do you mean by Ringmaster?

The ringmaster is the leader.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2009, 06:36:55 am »

Is he the only one in the legends or something?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Tryptic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2009, 07:06:27 am »

Fire Snakes, Fire Men, Magma Men and SoF lack the STANDARD_FLESH token which means they are heat (and possibly cold) immune.

What would happen if an SoF was given the STANDARD_FLESH token?  Would it just spontaneously combust?
I'm tempted to try it, just for fun.

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2009, 10:53:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2009, 03:40:34 am »

What would happen if an SoF was given the STANDARD_FLESH token?  Would it just spontaneously combust?
Well, since they have SEVERONBREAKS I believe they'd sort of explode.
Pages: 1 [2]