Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fuck the World **SPOILERS**  (Read 2196 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fuck the World **SPOILERS**
« on: October 22, 2009, 03:18:29 pm »

So, less than a season in, my main stair shaft intersected with the HFS. I haven't breached it yet. So, what I'm doing is simple. I'm mining out a giant funnel, to funnel the clowns out of their little pocket and into the world. Just to be a dick, I'm smoothing their walls too.

Thing I'm worried about is the king. If the king comes and dies, I won't get another. This means I have to keep the dwarf caravans from leaving the map, right? Or does that not apply to the "special" king? Will not having a depot be enough?

Also, how much effect will this have on my legends? I currently have a single demon leading a nation of goblins. The other megabeasts died in worldgen. Will these clowns at least take out some superfluous elves?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 03:27:00 pm by Cruxador »

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: Fuck the World **SPOILERS**
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 03:38:10 pm »

The clowns won't leave your map, unless maybe you visit the site in adventurer mode.

The king will come whether you have a depot or not, as soon as you strike the funtimes he's on his way.

But uhh, striking the chamber could change the age of the world, if you're lucky, but not much else than that.

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 03:47:02 pm »

Release demons, accumulate as many as possible on your map, abandon.

Adventure time.
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 04:07:41 pm »

The clowns won't leave your map, unless maybe you visit the site in adventurer mode.

The king will come whether you have a depot or not, as soon as you strike the funtimes he's on his way.

But uhh, striking the chamber could change the age of the world, if you're lucky, but not much else than that.
damn. Hopefully that will be fixed incidentally n the upcoming version. That ruins a good bit of my fun. I hope the king survives this.

Release demons, accumulate as many as possible on your map, abandon.

Adventure time.
I was just going to stay on the map until everyone was dead, enabling Stone Detailing on everyone and engraving stuff. But how likely is the king to die if I abandon?

Canadark

• Bay Watcher
  • meet me in the mead hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 04:20:47 pm »

Couldn't you just wait for the king, get him inside, then unleash hell?
You all do know that we everytime we gen a world in DF, a new universe is created somewhere, and everytime we delete a save we kill a whole world?
Aye, we are Armok, god of blood, evil, villager gutting, fortress building, legend making and elf thongs.

BlazingDav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 05:04:57 pm »

It would be amusing to see how many sieges it takes to kill them all if possible, though itd be an interesting way to rate different mods =P

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 05:06:08 pm »

I was just going to stay on the map until everyone was dead, enabling Stone Detailing on everyone and engraving stuff. But how likely is the king to die if I abandon?

Very likely, considering that there are demons on the map, I don't know exactly how the game checks for that, but it's probably something along those lines.

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 06:34:32 pm »

It would be useful to test a theory. 

We all know that if your king dies, you don't get another one in fortress mode.  But if your king dies, then you abandon, maybe kill some time in adventure mode, will your civ get another one?
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 07:06:00 pm »

Having never had this before, how far do I have to follow a thread of pretty blue rock to find the actual funhouse?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 07:08:18 pm by Cruxador »

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 07:27:20 pm »

It's been known to happen in some mods, Dig Deeper being one.

Are you running any mods?
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 07:35:28 pm »

Start fortress in area with HFS. Mine and release, abandon. Repeat for all HFS in world (small size or less advisable).

Kill all clowns with one adventurer - keeping starting save to try again if you fail.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 10:20:32 pm »

Kill all clowns with one adventurer - keeping starting save to try again if you fail.

Will they leave the site? If they do, you might not have a town to embark from after a while.

EDIT: What you REALLY need to do is build a massive fort, gather all the raw addy into said massive fort, release the clowns, and seal yourself off from the world while hell boils over.

EDIT: You really should change the title of this thread. It might attract unwanted moderation attention.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 10:42:35 pm by Lord Dakoth »
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 10:43:28 pm »

Whee! I breached the funhouse way ealier than I meant to. On the plus side, it was before the king arrived. Anyways, fun ensued. I've sent in a reclaim team to see what happens. So far, deaths. And the forest is on fire.It was hot clowns. I really want to reveal the ringmaster, do I need to get dwarves down into the middle of the funhouse proper for that?

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 11:01:10 pm »

Ringmaster can fly, like burny clowns.  Ringmaster will probably find you.

Not to spoil anything, but Ringmaster clown < burny clowns.
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 11:16:54 pm »

It might be possible, using bridges and channels, to prevent even the ring master from getting into your fort... not sure though...
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending
Pages: [1] 2