Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37

Author Topic: Toon Mafia V - Day 5 - GAMEOVER  (Read 57989 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Toon Mafia V - Day 4 - What In Tarn Adams!?
« Reply #450 on: November 17, 2009, 03:32:12 pm »

This is actually getting pretty frustrating, its like Day1 every day.

So in order to get people talking, Janus: You claimed to have a case against Dakarian yesterday. Care to elaborate now?

I agree with it getting frustrating. 

So far as Dakarian, I don't have a solid case per say.  He's just been trying awfully hard compared to everone else.  So I'm getting a vibe of trying to lead the town around.  Partially, it's understandable because most of the town is burning out, but also, there's no real sense of urgency.  It's kind of strange.

Nuke has just plain gone AWOL and not just from this game.  He's a few hours from getting force subbed from NSBM. 

I'm guessing you prodded him Toony?  Is there some sort of clock till bad things happen?

Meh.  In any case, I want him to get out here and help us scumhunt.  I vaguely suspect JanusTwoFace of trying to turn himself into a confirmed townie, so he's probably our best bet for now.  I agree with most others that his proposed role is a bit ridiculous.

I'm trying to help... The role that I stated is exactly what I had.  To be honest, if I hadn't actually hit scum the first time, I'm not sure that I'd believe that there even were any scum, it's been too quiet.

With that being said, I'm curious.  Do you (plural) think that the game timer is set on the number of days rather than killing off the town?  Because that would explain the lack of mafia kills.

Also, it would invalidate my plan.  I was planning on calling for No Lynch until someone actually got killed (somehow) by the mafia, but that may not be so shiny an idea as I had thought.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 17, 2009, 03:36:48 pm »

Mafia has no regular kill, but they do exist.  That means they have some means to win.

There's a good few ways for the mafia to win without a nightly kill. 

So, no, we can't just play around.

Sidenote: I'll remember this for future bastard games - no NK = town grows soft. 

I stand by my vote.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #452 on: November 17, 2009, 03:38:44 pm »

Mod: Can we get a vote count please?

Dakarian: I'm getting to be inclined to agree with you.  Webadict seems to have had a personality transplant at least once during this game.  I didn't think that both Pandarsenic and webadict would be scum, but it's possible.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 17, 2009, 06:24:05 pm »

VOTE COUNT:

webadict - dakarian, Apostolic [2]
Apostolic - Vector [1]

Not Voting - Everyone Else [5]

NUKE9.13 will be prodded a second time.

~Day End Thursday 8 PM EST~
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 06:36:21 pm by ToonyMan »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 17, 2009, 06:24:53 pm »

I think eduren is on Webadict.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 17, 2009, 06:26:28 pm »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 17, 2009, 06:29:17 pm »

Well, actually...

Last Active:     November 14, 2009, 09:13:21 AM

NUKE9.13 hasn't even been here for three days.  This is a problem.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 17, 2009, 06:33:43 pm »

VOTE COUNT:

webadict - dakarian, Apostolic, eduren [3]
Apostolic - Vector [1]

Not Voting - Everyone Else [4]

NUKE9.13 will be prodded a second time.

~Day End Thursday 8 PM EST~
I think eduren is on Webadict.
What are you two smoking? I'm not voting Web. ???
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 17, 2009, 06:36:35 pm »

He's the one smoking.

I was right the first time.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 17, 2009, 06:48:39 pm »

Wait a sec... no, you're right.  I'm really sorry about that ._.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 17, 2009, 09:56:34 pm »

With that being said, I'm curious.  Do you (plural) think that the game timer is set on the number of days rather than killing off the town?  Because that would explain the lack of mafia kills.

Also, it would invalidate my plan.  I was planning on calling for No Lynch until someone actually got killed (somehow) by the mafia, but that may not be so shiny an idea as I had thought.

I can think of two problems with that. First, if the mafia is something like an arson group, we no-lynch until we all go up in flames. Second, an analysis of my role and it's implications indicates that the game was intended to end on day 6, even in the absence of Cheeetar.

I think that we're not seeing the town going soft as much as the town suffering from a lack of information. Normally, we'd have two kills a day to go on, one of which would be chosen by the mafia. Here, we've got one kill a day (making it effectively D2), but the mafia isn't choosing any of them. That makes it hard to reason about their motives.

Given what we've heard thus far, I think we can conclude that the investigations last night went

Dakarian  | Leafsnail | Eduren  | Archangel | Vector
Web-G     | Web-I     | Janus-G | none      | Rysith-G
Dak-I     | Vect-I    | Vect-G  | none      | Dak-G
Rysith-I  | none      | ?-G     | none      | Web-I
Sane/Rand | Naive     | Para    | Sane      | Insane

That would seem to point away from either Vector or Dak being random (since they agree over three, which is unlikely), and Vector being the insane one would imply that Dak was sane. Web's claim would fit with innocence, if we believed that naive overrode his auto-guilt. That puts us halfway through and we only get to kill half of them.

Webadict - T?
Vector - T?
Rysith -T?
NUKE9.13
JanusTwoFace
eduren
Apostolic Nihilist
dakarian - T?

I suspect that Janus isn't scum (though he may be yellow) for his claim of Pandar's kill and seeming one-shot nature of it. If he is a town-blocking yellow and things do end on day 6, we've already lost, so I'm going to discount that option for now. Nuke seems completely gone, leaving Eduren and AN. Eduren's been at least seeming to be open about his status, and was third to claim sane cop (a risky move if he was mafia) so I'm going to vote Apostolic Nihilist unless someone can show a better approach.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 17, 2009, 10:43:47 pm »

I can think of two problems with that. First, if the mafia is something like an arson group, we no-lynch until we all go up in flames. Second, an analysis of my role and it's implications indicates that the game was intended to end on day 6, even in the absence of Cheeetar.

I think that we're not seeing the town going soft as much as the town suffering from a lack of information. Normally, we'd have two kills a day to go on, one of which would be chosen by the mafia. Here, we've got one kill a day (making it effectively D2), but the mafia isn't choosing any of them. That makes it hard to reason about their motives.
I highly doubt an arson mafia. That'd still be an NK to ToonyMan. No, likely they have some other abilities that can be activated that'll confirm people.

And yes, there's too little information. By having the mafia kill, it gives the town information, which we aren't getting.

And as for my role, it said ALL inspections. I thought it MEANT all, and not just the innocent as Insane or Naive.

And how do you know the game will end on Day 6?

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 17, 2009, 11:14:44 pm »

And as for my role, it said ALL inspections. I thought it MEANT all, and not just the innocent as Insane or Naive.

And how do you know the game will end on Day 6?

I suspect you show up innocent to Naive (since they get everyone innocent), guilty to Paranoid (since they get everyone guilty), guilty to sane (because you're a miller), and innocent to insane (because you'd be guilty).

As I said, it's from an analysis of my role. To explain it, I'd basically have to claim. If that's what people would like me to do, I will, but I'm not going to do that on the basis of one request.

And I doubt the confirming-bit, since Toony said that he wasn't even sure if it would come up this game. If it is, that would imply a mass-confirm.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 17, 2009, 11:25:26 pm »

Vector/Rysith/Dakarian all seem town; seems like we had a setup of 4 cops with differing sanities.

I don't think we should immediately write down webadict as being town, though. Claims are simple to forge, after all.
There's no way to verify his claim so I suggest we take it with a grain of salt.

What would town do if they were investigated and had a role that made them show up guilty?
They'd claim, of course.

What would scum do?
They'd fake claim. There's no other action to take. It's almost the only way to defend yourself.

His claim doesn't change my perception of the situation at all.

And I'd rather not waste a lynch on myself: if we do have a 6D time limit, we don't have many more mislynches left.

No matter who's lynched, though, I suggest the (useful) cops investigate either me/eduren/NUKE.

I'd say Janus, but we should prioritize scum firstly.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 17, 2009, 11:59:03 pm »

Apost, I'm almost 100% certain you're scum.  Why is that?  Well, it's because you're displaying your bonafide scumtell.

When you're scum and being accused, you chop your posts up like this.  When you're town and being accused, you write in nice paragraphs.

Sorry, but I don't buy it.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37