Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37

Author Topic: Toon Mafia V - Day 5 - GAMEOVER  (Read 57994 times)

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia V - Day 4 - What In Tarn Adams!?
« Reply #435 on: November 15, 2009, 07:47:51 pm »

This is actually getting pretty frustrating, its like Day1 every day.

So in order to get people talking, Janus: You claimed to have a case against Dakarian yesterday. Care to elaborate now?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 16, 2009, 02:00:57 pm »

Webadict, you're being lurktastic.  Are you actually even playing this game, anymore?
I am still without a computer.

But thank you for bandwagonning me with a reason AFTER you voted me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 16, 2009, 05:02:54 pm »

Webadict, you're being lurktastic.  Are you actually even playing this game, anymore?
I am still without a computer.

But thank you for bandwagonning me with a reason AFTER you voted me.

You're welcome.

My investigation inclines me to think that you are scum, though of course the investigation could be random, in which case we are no farther ahead than we were previously.  Cripes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 16, 2009, 09:33:36 pm »

My investigation inclines me to think that you are scum, though of course the investigation could be random, in which case we are no farther ahead than we were previously.  Cripes.

Scum on webadict would be three mafia results (Me, Dak, and Web) in a two-mafia-remaining game, indicating paranoid or random, wouldn't it?

With leafsnail as a flipped naive cop, we can conclude that Archangel was a sane sane cop. That leaves us with two paranoid (Eduren/Vector) and one random/sane.

Potentially in Janus's place, I'm going to lay out the concerns that I had about Dakarian yesterday. He's all but taken leadership of the town, and he's pushed both the D2 and D3 lynches. He now looks to be the only (possibly) sane cop around, and we just mislynched Leaf. If we lynch webadict today and he flops town, he can claim random cop as an out. In other words, it's that Dakarian is either a townie cop trying to play a good game despite the rest of the town's lurkerdom, or he's a scum who's taken an opportunity to drive the town and run with it. It's a "do we actually trust this person?" question, since following him if he is scum may well doom the town.

I suspect that the game may be set to end on the 6th day regardless of John Egbert's presence, and so I'm treating where we are as being at lylo (since we've got two mafia and two days left to kill them in). Dakarian, do you trust your investigation enough to run with it in lylo?

And Webadict: Why the horrible deflection? Town or scum, I know you're a better mafia player than that.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 16, 2009, 09:43:43 pm »

1. I lead because no one else is.  I tend to like being able to attack and push while others aim at other people.  I can then take an analysis of everyone and go from there.

When I'm the only one leading, Bad Things happen.  Still, I'll do what I can.

2. Everything else would be a random vote compared to Web.  That he ignored me and just went for an easy attack helps the argument though.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 16, 2009, 09:44:36 pm »

Also, yes.

MORE ACTIVITY PLEASE.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 16, 2009, 09:52:39 pm »

Scum on webadict would be three mafia results (Me, Dak, and Web) in a two-mafia-remaining game, indicating paranoid or random, wouldn't it?

I am insane.

Ooglety-boogle-boogle, and a cornucopia of rainhats.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 16, 2009, 10:00:52 pm »

So in this setup presumably we have several cops, all with questionable sanities, along with an assortment of other town roles.

I'm willing to trust Dakarian/Vector here; webadict seems guilty.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 17, 2009, 10:49:27 am »

1. I lead because no one else is.  I tend to like being able to attack and push while others aim at other people.  I can then take an analysis of everyone and go from there.

When I'm the only one leading, Bad Things happen.  Still, I'll do what I can.

2. Everything else would be a random vote compared to Web.  That he ignored me and just went for an easy attack helps the argument though.

I agree on both points, and I'm not faulting you for leading. I think that we have some other people who wouldn't be random votes (Janus for MC and third vote on Leafsnail, for example).
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 17, 2009, 11:45:43 am »

With leafsnail as a flipped naive cop, we can conclude that Archangel was a sane sane cop. That leaves us with two paranoid (Eduren/Vector) and one random/sane.

Potentially in Janus's place, I'm going to lay out the concerns that I had about Dakarian yesterday. He's all but taken leadership of the town, and he's pushed both the D2 and D3 lynches. He now looks to be the only (possibly) sane cop around, and we just mislynched Leaf. If we lynch webadict today and he flops town, he can claim random cop as an out. In other words, it's that Dakarian is either a townie cop trying to play a good game despite the rest of the town's lurkerdom, or he's a scum who's taken an opportunity to drive the town and run with it. It's a "do we actually trust this person?" question, since following him if he is scum may well doom the town.

I suspect that the game may be set to end on the 6th day regardless of John Egbert's presence, and so I'm treating where we are as being at lylo (since we've got two mafia and two days left to kill them in). Dakarian, do you trust your investigation enough to run with it in lylo?

And Webadict: Why the horrible deflection? Town or scum, I know you're a better mafia player than that.
I ran out of time for a real answer.

And I'm still trying to figure something out.

Leafsnail had to've been lying when he said I was innocent... Because my role... doesn't allow that?

I still don't know how Vector keeps getting innocent either... I must've misinterpreted my role.

I'm Will Smith. Because I'm black, I'm supposed to come up as guilty to ALL inspects. I thought that meant ALL inspects (I thought even Naive Cops would get Guilty), so I went after Leafsnail because he got innocent. After that, I'm thinking I have no clue.

... It's still not very clear in my role PM.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 17, 2009, 12:01:02 pm »

Hm... Well, for me innocent would mean guilty.

Honestly, though, I'm inclined to believe you--which means that we need to find someone else on our ginormo list of people who is scum, and quickly.  Unvote.

Webadict - also think he is town.
Vector - insane cop
Rysith - think he is town.
NUKE9.13 - absent.
JanusTwoFace - possibly pulling a Bay12 gambit
eduren - Paranoid cop?  Acting like town-eduren
Apostolic Nihilist - tends to be pretty scummy as town, but I think he's scum from his behavior D1/other things I know of him.
dakarian - WTF cop?  Do not trust my reads on him, completely opaque.  Inspection implies town.

I think I've got it narrowed down to three (likely) people:

JanusTwoFace, NUKE, and Apostolic Nihilist.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 17, 2009, 12:32:25 pm »

Nuke has just plain gone AWOL and not just from this game.  He's a few hours from getting force subbed from NSBM. 

I'd still put my money on Web rather than Nihilst.  Will Smith is an awesome claim (btw, Naive would ALWAYS see innocent, even to millers) but I just can't feel it.  The confusion he has and the lack of a strong hunt, even considering his lack of access, bothers me far too much.
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 17, 2009, 12:36:05 pm »

Nuke has just plain gone AWOL and not just from this game.  He's a few hours from getting force subbed from NSBM. 

I'd still put my money on Web rather than Nihilst.  Will Smith is an awesome claim (btw, Naive would ALWAYS see innocent, even to millers) but I just can't feel it.  The confusion he has and the lack of a strong hunt, even considering his lack of access, bothers me far too much.

I haven't seen a strong hunt anywhere, and I'm inclined to feel that the confusion is genuine.  Also, that sounds like an extremely Toony role.

What do you think about Nihilist?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 17, 2009, 12:52:23 pm »

From what I caught on my old wide scan + what I know now, Apo-scum going after Twiggy seems silly as anything.  Apo-scum starting on Twiggy then pulling back perhaps.. Apo-scum buddying with Twiggy ..I can see.  But Apo-scum going headlong to attack Twiggy?  I can't see it unless he was an attempt at Refuse in Absurdity and I've yet to see that work in catching scum.

Thinking of Web and Pandar staging a fight the way Cheeetar said it earlier is kooky but not THAT bad in comparison, and the skill level required for it is appropriate for those two.
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 17, 2009, 01:55:40 pm »

Meh.  In any case, I want him to get out here and help us scumhunt.  I vaguely suspect JanusTwoFace of trying to turn himself into a confirmed townie, so he's probably our best bet for now.  I agree with most others that his proposed role is a bit ridiculous.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37