Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37

Author Topic: Toon Mafia V - Day 5 - GAMEOVER  (Read 58074 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Toon Mafia V - Day 3 - Longest Toon Yet
« Reply #405 on: November 11, 2009, 11:44:53 am »

Ok, I have a random idea to shake things up...  How does everyone feel about a MC to me?  Granted, you can't be sure that I'm not some sort of crazy murderer out to kill you all in your sleep, but I did take care of one of the scum already (which is more than we've managed to do otherwise).

Also, if you believe me, everyone knows my role and that I'm vanilla now.  So I think I'm going to be the closest thing to a confirmed townie that you're going to get without said townie getting mod-killed.

So far, we know that Vector, Leafsnail, eduren, and dakarian claim to be coplike, but not much about webadict, Rysith, NUKE9.13, or Apostolic Nihilist.

So, what do you think?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia V - Day 2 - Aren't Town Suppose To Die?
« Reply #406 on: November 11, 2009, 12:27:07 pm »

VOTE COUNT:

Rysith - eduren [1]
NUKE9.13 - Rysith [1]

Not Voting - Everyone Else [7]

Yes, this Everyone Else fellow has seven votes.

~Day End Friday 8 PM EST~

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 11, 2009, 01:32:31 pm »

Actually... a massclaim could be useful at this point.  Although we need more participation from quite a lot of people, including myself, to be honest.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #408 on: November 11, 2009, 01:38:41 pm »

Actually... a massclaim could be useful at this point.  Although we need more participation from quite a lot of people, including myself, to be honest.

This would not bother me either (as I have already publicly claimed my role).

I'd really just like to have everyone's opinion on this (along with more participation).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 11, 2009, 02:37:21 pm »

I disagree with this Mass Claim. At this point in the game, there's not a whole lot anybody can do with a Mass Claim, and it only gives scum more power by killing off everyone else... Somehow...

I'm sure they're just waiting.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 11, 2009, 09:00:31 pm »

Ok, I have a random idea to shake things up...  How does everyone feel about a MC to me?  Granted, you can't be sure that I'm not some sort of crazy murderer out to kill you all in your sleep, but I did take care of one of the scum already (which is more than we've managed to do otherwise).

So, what do you think?

I'm also unsure of how useful it would be. Given that we don't know the roles, and (as far as I can tell) the near-total lack of observable night actions, it seems like it would be trivial for the scum to simply make up roles, or even claim their real roles without the "is scum".
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 11, 2009, 11:35:31 pm »

Scan on Leafsnail: RandomVote on Nihilist then dissapears for a time only to maintain his vote on Nihilist later for rolefishing.  He's later seen defending Pandarsenic for being aggressive and, thus, townish, and then votes Cheeetar for lazy arguments.

The next post came in D2.  It was a claim of being a sane cop that might be naive due to seeing webadict as innocent.  He then votes for and attacks nuke for his attack on Janus (after my post marking the same thing).  He unvotes after Nuke's response. 

He then joins the attack against Cheeetar (4th vote) with a passive voice.  When Cheeetar demanded a reason for the vote, Leafsnail gave: 1. a reason web had already noted and 2. a reason that showed up AFTER Leafsnail voted thus not really answering the question.

Webadict fusses about his actions and this comes

Yes, webadict, I do want and need people to die, specifically those in the mafia, being town aligned.

It sounds odd given that we're all voting for someone we agreed was a 3rd party (the original reason to lynch was that he was a dangerous 3rd party and needed to go for the good of the town).  The quote sounds almost like he thinks Cheeetar is scum.  The talk of lying that came later further suggests that.

D3, another oddity

And as for Cheeetar's flip... well, he lied about his rolename, certainly.  Unless Egbert is linked to communism in some way my research hasn't noted?  If he lied about his role name, I'd guess he was anti-town in some way.

Seems self defensive, as if he worried that the town would question why Cheeetar had to die.

The last contentive post he had was agreement over a mass claim.

As I was doing a scan on Web, I noticed his attack on Leafsnail.  At first, I was ready to shrug it off as silly till I spent a little time looking at it and realizing he might have a point.  As such, I've been meaning to run this scan afterwards.

Now that I've done it, I see Leaf has proven to be very passive, using mostly arguments others have supplied but rephrasing it to sound like his own, bandwagoning and spending the rest of the time just talking about the cop situation.  He was also VERY quick to think of himself as naive which turns the claim into a very big null tell since it's VERY easy for scum to just claim naive 'sane cop' after it was discussed on how there's a cop situation going on here.  The request to mass claim is also meh since, even with many of us claiming already, there's little to gain for the town to share their PRs. 

While it's neat to go figuring out what cop is who, the true game is in the scumhunt, and based on said hunt, I find Leafsnail to be far too passive for my liking.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #412 on: November 12, 2009, 04:48:08 pm »

Ok, NUKE9.13.  As far as I can tell, you're still in the game and haven't been killed, but I can't find any posts from you newer than Nov 2.  Since then you've posted (at least) in Not So Beginner Mafia and Paranormal and the forums say you've been around today, I know you aren't dead IRL.

In any case, this is kind of ridiculous.  Did you just forget about the game or are you lurking more than anyone I've ever seen?

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 13, 2009, 10:36:54 am »

Well, discussion seems to have died, which is bad. I'm not sure how the mafia are supposed to win, but my lack of knowing it is beginning to bother me. And Janus's vote would imply that, assuming no more activity, we'd be going with a lurker lynch (on D3!) in what is apparently a game full of lurkers.

With that, I'm going to unvote, since Nuke doesn't seem to be coming back, FOS Janus for the MC followed by the lurker lynch (blah blah killed a mafia blah blah third party etc.), and vote Leafsnail so that at least the person that dies will have some kind of evidence against them that we can go off of later. I'm worried that we still have the d6 deadline to deal with, and so we may be entering lylo, but I'd rather do so with more information than we'd get lynching a lurker. Plus, I suspect that we won't be losing "much", since I suspect that he's naive.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 13, 2009, 11:45:09 am »

Yes, I have been lurking.  I'm not exactly sure why; this game just doesn't seem to hold my interest, and not much has been happening.

On the other hand... Rysith, you seem to think I'm town, and yet you're voting for me.  "He has a useless role" is not justification for a lynch, especially if you're more suspicious of someone else.  In fact, the only reason you seem to be voting me rather than Janus or Nuke is that Dakarian voted me first.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #415 on: November 13, 2009, 11:48:50 am »

Mod: Can we at least get a prod (preferably with something sharp) on Nuke?  He hasn't posted in this game in 11(ish) days.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 13, 2009, 12:19:52 pm »

VOTE COUNT:

Rysith - eduren, Leafsnail [2]
NUKE9.13 - JanusTwoFace [1]
Leafsnail - dakarian, Rysith [2]

Not Voting - Everyone Else [4]

Prod to NUKE will be sent.  Sharply.

~Day End Today In Eight Hours~

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 13, 2009, 12:41:06 pm »

Yes, I have been lurking.  I'm not exactly sure why; this game just doesn't seem to hold my interest, and not much has been happening.

On the other hand... Rysith, you seem to think I'm town, and yet you're voting for me.  "He has a useless role" is not justification for a lynch, especially if you're more suspicious of someone else.  In fact, the only reason you seem to be voting me rather than Janus or Nuke is that Dakarian voted me first.

Deflection noted.  I don't hunt lurkers, and it's not lurking that I'm voting you on.

I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 13, 2009, 07:29:18 pm »

VOTE COUNT:

Rysith - eduren, Leafsnail [2]
NUKE9.13 - JanusTwoFace [1]
Leafsnail - dakarian, Rysith [2]

Not Voting - Everyone Else [4]

~Day End Today In THIRTY MINUTES~

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 13, 2009, 08:11:17 pm »

Request a 3 hour extension!

Let's NOT  No lynch!
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37