Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37

Author Topic: Toon Mafia V - Day 5 - GAMEOVER  (Read 58171 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia V - Day 2 - Aren't Town Suppose To Die?
« Reply #360 on: November 05, 2009, 11:43:50 am »

Apostolic, Leafsnail: Don't just jump on the bandwagon and forget about it. Post more. Why should I be lynched?
You've changed your story several times.  When it seemed you were going to be lynched, you suddenly claimed Doomspeaker.  When it people realised a DS is anti-town, you amended your story to make yourself a super-duper pro-town Doomspeaker, along with something else about a Capitalist/ Communist Banker.  This would, apparently, give you 3 win conditions, which seems unlikely.  In addition, if this were true, we could NL every single day and win when the revolution comes Day 6.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #361 on: November 05, 2009, 01:35:22 pm »

I am, unfortunately, without means of communication. I have lost my computer and am not able to post regularly. But, I do appreciate the notice. So, please wait on the line as the calls are answered in the order that they are received.

You are posting more in Paranormal though... Care to comment?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 05, 2009, 04:22:46 pm »

No, Leafsnail. Two win conditions. Wait until Day 6 and I win (I think the game continues for you guys though). Or, kill the Capitalist Banker. I have been mixing up Capitalist and Communist. My role is the Communist Worker. My enemy is the Capitalist Banker. I amended my role because I didn't want the Capitalist Banker to know I wanted to kill him. You've gotten it wrong, Leafsnail.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 05, 2009, 08:45:29 pm »

I am, unfortunately, without means of communication. I have lost my computer and am not able to post regularly. But, I do appreciate the notice. So, please wait on the line as the calls are answered in the order that they are received.

You are posting more in Paranormal though... Care to comment?
I was about to die in Paranormal. :P There's only so much attention I might be able to use. Aaaaand, since I've been lynched, I'll be able to post in a bit.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 05, 2009, 09:07:37 pm »

There's a few matters up in the air at the moment:

Rysith's discussion about his Day 1 actions.

Leafsnail's response to Webadict's accusation.

lastly.. did web just give two different explanations for the same situation?

I was about to die in Paranormal. :P There's only so much attention I might be able to use. Aaaaand, since I've been lynched, I'll be able to post in a bit.

So were you unable to reach a computer or just didn't find our conversation interesting?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 05, 2009, 09:13:34 pm »

There's a few matters up in the air at the moment:

Rysith's discussion about his Day 1 actions.

Leafsnail's response to Webadict's accusation.

lastly.. did web just give two different explanations for the same situation?

So were you unable to reach a computer or just didn't find our conversation interesting?
No, he refers to my ability to be in both Paranormal and here. My lack of a computer contributed to my lack of posting in general, whereas the time I had available was spent more toward Paranormal to hopefully convince them to not lynch me, which they did not.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 05, 2009, 09:17:29 pm »

Well, since you are here, care to elaborate on the claim against leafsnail?  Also, care to explain why you vote on him rather than Cheeetar?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 05, 2009, 09:24:34 pm »

Well, since you are here, care to elaborate on the claim against leafsnail?  Also, care to explain why you vote on him rather than Cheeetar?
Because Cheeetar's likely a third party and, as he put it, he's a buffer. I hardly think he's worth lynching.

And, obviously, Leafsnail is scum. Duh.

Apostolic, Leafsnail: Don't just jump on the bandwagon and forget about it. Post more. Why should I be lynched?
You've changed your story several times.  When it seemed you were going to be lynched, you suddenly claimed Doomspeaker.  When it people realised a DS is anti-town, you amended your story to make yourself a super-duper pro-town Doomspeaker, along with something else about a Capitalist/ Communist Banker.  This would, apparently, give you 3 win conditions, which seems unlikely.  In addition, if this were true, we could NL every single day and win when the revolution comes Day 6.
He posted this right after I said he was passive, and lo and behold, he gets magically aggressive, without actually replying to me. All I really know is he wants people to die.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 05, 2009, 11:00:16 pm »

For example, going back to Rysith, your day 1 does bug me the more that I look.  You didn't do much of ANYTHING then, just a randomvote, then way later a jump on webadict for some ugly 'post ratio' mess (made extra ugly by not actually posting a fact on it.. if you claim 'ratios' then post a real ratio) and, after ONE post attacking him, you claim tunnelvision and run away.

I claimed you were bloodthirsty-a pro-town mentality-but you didn't even start doing anything until Day 2.  Now, your day 2 is pretty well off but now you look like a different person going from D1 to D2.  What's up?

Mostly, it's that I'm really bad and doing anything D1 without anything to go on, and so I tend to lurk through it, and go back to what happened then to correlate with what happens in future days. Day two has more stuff for me to do actual analysis on, so I am able to be much more active. I still stand by my "tunnelvision as an internal phenomenon" explanation.

The reason that I don't trust Cheeetar's claim is that in order for him to win D6, he would either have to ensure that mafia and town were kept in balance (so d6 dawned 2 town/1 scum), or get us to NL at least once. That Janus had an extra kill means that for Cheeetar to win, we actually have to NL at least once (which is bad for the town). That Cheeetar wasn't pushing for NL D1 (which is a strategy that might work) makes me doubt the win condition.

And, obviously, Leafsnail is scum. Duh.

Using Webadict's logic, Cheeetar and Leafsnail accuse him of lurking and he immediately points off at Leafsnail as someone who's obviously scummy.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 06, 2009, 10:06:38 am »

So, Dakarian, you're voting for me because you think I'm lying about my role? Leafsnail? AN?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 06, 2009, 10:48:16 am »

Pretty much.  Not sure whether you are hiding a part of it that you know we would NOT want to hear or else you are flat out lying and you're scum.

I KNEW IT!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 06, 2009, 10:52:07 am »

Bah. Vote Webadict when I'm not scum, he's up to something.
I've played some mafia.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 06, 2009, 11:51:05 am »

1. I don't pledge votes because suchandsuch died as suchandscuh

2. Web is very much a prime suspect at the moment.  After his reply, "I'd love to believe he's on the level, but there's a part of me that just knows better."
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 06, 2009, 12:19:36 pm »

He posted this right after I said he was passive, and lo and behold, he gets magically aggressive, without actually replying to me. All I really know is he wants people to die.
Yes, webadict, I do want and need people to die, specifically those in the mafia, being town aligned.  And, strangely, after we accuse you of lurking, you suddenly start to post more.

And Cheeetar: Yes, I think you're lying about your role.  If that was your real role, you wouldn't mind getting lynched.  In fact, you'd be pushing for your own lynch.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 06, 2009, 05:32:30 pm »

Yes, webadict, I do want and need people to die, specifically those in the mafia, being town aligned.  And, strangely, after we accuse you of lurking, you suddenly start to post more.

And Cheeetar: Yes, I think you're lying about your role.  If that was your real role, you wouldn't mind getting lynched.  In fact, you'd be pushing for your own lynch.
Oooo, nice deflection. I'll one-up you:

Your post reflects a personality change, whereas my post reflects a scheduling change. One of those is mental and the other physical. Nice try though.

So, next time you try to come up with a crappy reason to lynch someone, try one that isn't based on time issue.

And obviously, Cheeetar needs to be alive to win... I think.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37