Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37

Author Topic: Toon Mafia V - Day 5 - GAMEOVER  (Read 58088 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia V - Day 2 - Aren't Town Suppose To Die?
« Reply #345 on: November 04, 2009, 06:16:37 pm »

That set-up may include a random Cop or they might all be random cops. You could test it by re-investigating, but that's a big waste.

Instead, Dephy logic can't really apply here. Why do you think it can?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 04, 2009, 06:38:33 pm »

Because:

1. I don't plan on it actually replacing the regular game.  We cops can go play with our sanities while we all scumhunt and kill the rest of the mafia. 

2. It beats just ignoring it and assuming we're all townies. 

Sidenote: Claiming cop, even having investigations, is a null tell.  It's sensible for the mafia to claim cop at this point.  It is also possible for some mafia to BE cops.  So long as we don't try to make it more than what it is then we should be fine.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 04, 2009, 09:04:32 pm »

Because:

1. I don't plan on it actually replacing the regular game.  We cops can go play with our sanities while we all scumhunt and kill the rest of the mafia. 

2. It beats just ignoring it and assuming we're all townies. 

Sidenote: Claiming cop, even having investigations, is a null tell.  It's sensible for the mafia to claim cop at this point.  It is also possible for some mafia to BE cops.  So long as we don't try to make it more than what it is then we should be fine.
Toon Mafia isn't likely to have Townie roles equivalent to Mafia roles. Sure, the mafia could claim Cop, but why do that when you can claim something cool.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #348 on: November 04, 2009, 10:15:36 pm »

A prod to Twiggie will be sent.

Whoops, I forgot he needs a replacement.  SOMEONE REPLACE HIM.
So he added late and now needs replaced?  Can we just pretend he never existed?  (/sarcasm)

I'm the Communist Worker. I can either wait until Day 6 for the revolution to start, as the workers are tired of the stressful conditions with mafia running around, or I can kill the Capitalist Banker and kickstart the revolution. See? I'm harmless. Now I just have to hope that the Capitalist Banker can't nightkill me now that I've publicly roleclaimed.
You have to kill the Capitalist Banker?  This implies that you have a killing role which makes you rather dangerous.  I'm starting to agree with dakarian on this part.

That set-up may include a random Cop or they might all be random cops. You could test it by re-investigating, but that's a big waste.

Instead, Dephy logic can't really apply here. Why do you think it can?
Agreed.  I'm not sure why we're putting so much emphasis on the cops now that there are so many of them (with conflicting results).  I'm not saying don't try to figure out what you actually are, I just think that's your job to deal with.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 04, 2009, 10:31:58 pm »

@Janus

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying.  All the cop talk is really between the cops.

I KNEW IT!

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 05, 2009, 12:21:16 am »

As for the cop matter: we now have 5 cops.  While it's DANGEROUS to assume this is dephy, if we play that card then one of us is a scum faking a cop while everyone else is a true cop with a different sanity.

The goal is to try to see if our investigations change.  If you can receive an Innocent (or Guilty in Leaf's case) then we know you aren't paranoid/naive and we can go on from there. 

I agree that it's extremely dangerous to assume that there is a dephy sub-game. While I'm not a cop (and thus, the only thing that I can do to directly help is indirectly support Vector's paranoid guess by saying I'm not scum), I can say we're not all cops, not all of the scum are cops, and there's more than one scum. That, in and of itself, makes dephy-logic unsound, since there is no reason for any of the scum to claim cop. I do agree that finding out which (if any) of you are sane cops is a good idea, but I think that you have to do so without any assumptions.

Cheeetar: You've now changed your win conditions from
My role is to extend the game to last 6 days, as in have the title be at least Toon Mafia V - Day 6.
to
I can either wait until Day 6 for the revolution to start, as the workers are tired of the stressful conditions with mafia running around, or I can kill the Capitalist Banker and kickstart the revolution.

That just adds to my distrust of you, and I think that at this point I'll join Dakarian in urging people to vote for Cheeetar.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 05, 2009, 01:07:44 am »

I didn't say at first I was to kill the Communist Banker because then he would know I wanted to kill him. I don't know his abilities, all I know is his role name. And yes, I do have a killing role. It would be very stupid for me to activate it unless I was sure I had found the Communist Banker, because I can also win by having the round last 6 days.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 05, 2009, 03:02:27 am »

Also: Hey look, Webadict continues to do not much. He looks totally town, completely ignoring my vote on him.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 05, 2009, 07:01:17 am »

@Cheeetar The only accusation you had is that he doesn't post much.  There's not much to speak about if that's all there is.  Bring a few more accusations into the table and we can look it over.

Meanwhile:

Although Cheeetar's our lynch for the day, we still have time to burn so let's not waste it.  Back to the scumhunt.

I've been doing scan after scan and I have less to go on now.  Still, I have something to go on.

For example, going back to Rysith, your day 1 does bug me the more that I look.  You didn't do much of ANYTHING then, just a randomvote, then way later a jump on webadict for some ugly 'post ratio' mess (made extra ugly by not actually posting a fact on it.. if you claim 'ratios' then post a real ratio) and, after ONE post attacking him, you claim tunnelvision and run away.

I claimed you were bloodthirsty-a pro-town mentality-but you didn't even start doing anything until Day 2.  Now, your day 2 is pretty well off but now you look like a different person going from D1 to D2.  What's up?

I KNEW IT!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 05, 2009, 07:58:45 am »

Webadict has been doing active-lurking this whole day, and hasn't responded to anything other than the cop issue. He hasn't said a word about me being lynched OR my vote on him. If it were someone else, it could be in their nature to lurk, but not Webadict.
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 05, 2009, 07:59:27 am »

Also: Why exactly am I being lynched?
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 05, 2009, 08:08:04 am »

Is it because of my role? Why? A third-party being lynched would only lower the amount of non-scum. Is it because of my killing-ability? I would only use it when I am sure that I would kill the Capitalist Banker, because otherwise there are less people and the round will take less time. The only way I can harm the day is by either being stupid and recklessly killing, making me less likely to win, or by steering the town towards no lynches and trying to create an equilibrium, which is impossible now that you know my motive. Let me live, I can just hope for the round to last to Day 6.
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 05, 2009, 08:10:00 am »

Apostolic, Leafsnail: Don't just jump on the bandwagon and forget about it. Post more. Why should I be lynched?
I've played some mafia.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 05, 2009, 08:17:15 am »

@webadict

He makes a point.  You fussed when you didn't have much help in Day 1.  Now I'm stuck alone having to push the town towards scumhunting. 

Besides, although Cheeetar's claim if you bussing Pandar was completely silly at the time, now that Pandar is confirmed scum with, it seems, a post restriction that REALLY looked bad, it doesn't seem quite as silly now.

I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 05, 2009, 11:02:23 am »

I didn't say at first I was to kill the Communist Banker because then he would know I wanted to kill him. I don't know his abilities, all I know is his role name. And yes, I do have a killing role. It would be very stupid for me to activate it unless I was sure I had found the Communist Banker, because I can also win by having the round last 6 days.
So... which is it? Communist Banker or Capitalist Banker?

Webadict has been doing active-lurking this whole day, and hasn't responded to anything other than the cop issue. He hasn't said a word about me being lynched OR my vote on him. If it were someone else, it could be in their nature to lurk, but not Webadict.
Also: Hey look, Webadict continues to do not much. He looks totally town, completely ignoring my vote on him.
I am, unfortunately, without means of communication. I have lost my computer and am not able to post regularly. But, I do appreciate the notice. So, please wait on the line as the calls are answered in the order that they are received.

And your vote for me? What am I to care about that? You vote for me constantly, and I can only call you a ignorant moron so many times. My guess is that if you haven't learned it by now, you never will.

But...
Hmm... well, a Doomspeaker is anti-town, and I have a feeling that he's not telling us that we'll all lose on Day 6 if he does.  He may have abilities such as a global roleblock or JoAT maneuvers, so I'll unvote and vote cheeetar.

I may go back and check the cop claims.  It would make sense if there were one more cop, in which case we may have the Dephy setup.  As I said, from my flavour text, I'd guess Naive for myself, but I'm not sure.
It's likely Leafsnail. He's too short-gamed and passive.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37