Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37

Author Topic: Toon Mafia V - Day 5 - GAMEOVER  (Read 58056 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia V - Day 1 - A (In)Santastic Day
« Reply #300 on: November 02, 2009, 02:51:37 pm »

Nuke.. there's a BIG problem with your accusation:

Janus killed a mafia.

Why would scum kill a mafia?

Unless you're the one claiming to the kill.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia V - Day 2 - IT'S DAY 2 DAMMIT
« Reply #301 on: November 02, 2009, 03:06:57 pm »

VOTE COUNT:

dakarian - webadict, Rysith [2]
webadict - Twiggie [1]
Cheeetar - dakarian [1]

Not Voting - Everyone else.  :-D

I'll send a prod to SHAD0Wdump.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia V - Day 2 - Aren't Town Suppose To Die?
« Reply #302 on: November 02, 2009, 03:12:48 pm »

Nuke... what are you trying to accuse him of?  Lying about his role and yet still killing a mafia member?  Seems very odd.  His role doesn't seem too overpowered - sure, he can't mishit, but he can only shoot once.  Also, Toony mafia doesn't have inaccurate roleflips - it just roleflips name and alignment, like what always happens in TM.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 02, 2009, 03:13:09 pm »

I didn't sign up for this gaaame!!! XD

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 02, 2009, 03:31:40 pm »

I didn't sign up for this gaaame!!! XD

Thanks for clearing that up for Cheeetar.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 02, 2009, 03:36:21 pm »

You're telling me he's been spending the day attacking someone who's not playing?

Cheeetar, is everyone looking so town to you that you have to pull from outside for scum?
I KNEW IT!

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 02, 2009, 04:00:46 pm »

So, uh, on the first page it states that 'There will never be townie roles ever.'
However, we have someone who flipped sane cop, as town, as well as several additional claims.

Furthermore, I'm town, and I have a role. I can confirm that I'm not a cop, though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 02, 2009, 04:02:07 pm »

Let me re-write that as "vanilla townie".

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 02, 2009, 05:13:25 pm »

Janus killed a mafia.
Nuke... what are you trying to accuse him of?  Lying about his role and yet still killing a mafia member?  Seems very odd.  His role doesn't seem too overpowered - sure, he can't mishit, but he can only shoot once.  Also, Toony mafia doesn't have inaccurate roleflips - it just roleflips name and alignment, like what always happens in TM.
Oh, I don't know, he could be a, hmm, third party role? Heard of them?
There is much precedent: I, in some long-forgotten mafia of ages past, had a role that could only kill killing roles. I had to kill them all, whereupon I would win and everyone else.. wouldn't.
I randomly killed a mafia member.
I claimed the kill, citing my role as a role that could only kill mafia roles. Which is a stupid role.
But the town bought it all, because I killed mafia.
More precedent: Paranormal 9: I (the exterminator) killed a mafia member by accident.
When bloodbeard (the operative) claimed vigilante, people were more ready to believe him because 'he' killed mafia.
Claiming vigilante after killing a mafia member is the easiest claim for a SK, ever.

However, I concede that if it is a one-shot thing, then it makes sense.
Doesn't fit with the TF spah though.
More like a pyro. But pyros don't stab people.

Also, Cheeetar, what.
Explain your confusion.
Long Live United Forenia!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 02, 2009, 05:20:53 pm »

I seem to remember both of you guys getting lynched anyway in succession, but whatever.  Unvote for now.  To be honest, I don't think Toony would be mean enough to give an SK a one shot kill (and time will tell if it's one shot) but never mind.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 02, 2009, 05:41:16 pm »

So, somehow I mixed up Shadow lurking in BYOR mafia and this mafia, which Shadow is not in.
I believe Janus about his role. A one-shot killing role which only kills scum isn't that unfair if you can waste the shot on a townie.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 02, 2009, 06:36:13 pm »

Janus killed a mafia.
Oh, I don't know, he could be a, hmm, third party role? Heard of them?
There is much precedent: I, in some long-forgotten mafia of ages past, had a role that could only kill killing roles. I had to kill them all, whereupon I would win and everyone else.. wouldn't.
I randomly killed a mafia member.
I claimed the kill, citing my role as a role that could only kill mafia roles. Which is a stupid role.
But the town bought it all, because I killed mafia.
More precedent: Paranormal 9: I (the exterminator) killed a mafia member by accident.
When bloodbeard (the operative) claimed vigilante, people were more ready to believe him because 'he' killed mafia.
Claiming vigilante after killing a mafia member is the easiest claim for a SK, ever.

However, I concede that if it is a one-shot thing, then it makes sense.
Doesn't fit with the TF spah though.
More like a pyro. But pyros don't stab people.

Also, Cheeetar, what.
Explain your confusion.

He might be a third party we'll have to eliminate.  However, we know, at least, that he's "probably" not one of the mafia.  For now we'll have to work with what we got.  He's not confirmed, but if he's dangerous we'll need more information than what we have now. 

For now..

@Cheeetar

So I was right, everyone DOES look town to you? 
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 02, 2009, 09:06:35 pm »

Man I missed a lot. I am computer-less for a couple of days, so I'll do my best with what I've got.

OMGUS = Old, broken tell.  It hasn't caught scum in ages and scum around here are very likely to attack a town with poor excuses.

I place the first vote on a person to pressure vote, based on a scumtell that HAS actually caught scum before, and to start a discussion on a person and you say that's anti-town. 

Probe for potential bandwagons?!  Are you serious?  I never knew Janus was marked as an easy lynch. 

I aimed for Janus after I investigated Web because I DID want to see if it was Bastardly first.  Btw, you're information isn't correct: the claims it wasn't bastardly came BEFORE I told what I had.  Meanwhile, me telling about what I had proved that my fear was correct: it IS Bastardly (and non-sane "sane cop" isn't exactly honest now). 

You didn't just ask questions: you're marking me scum and voting off of poor logic and incorrect information and basing that your reason to accuse is...poor logic. 

Now come up with some new material before you start tunneling.  I'll put my money where my mouth is and pull an analysis on you to see if you're just a Bloodthirsty townie or an Overeager scum.
Yes. Your first sentence... I've seen it somewhere... OH WAIT! Now I remember:

Psh... OMGUS... The avoidance of OMGUS's are more showing of scum nowadays, since town will OMGUS if they've found scum. Its negative publicity only matters to scum, and if you had used that as a offense, that might've stood out.

Which leads me to my second point...
Now, why was I bothered about it being a possible Bastard?  Web scouted me out: I do know something.

Unvote
I'm a sane Cop, and I found Webadict as Guilty as anyone could EVER be.

Yes, once I had pointed you out, I became a target, did I not?

And I'd figured that Archangel's death was going to be an obvious for you. You'd figured that one Sane Cop would have been obviously Sane, but if you have a similar role, that it is the equivalent of a powerless townie in TM. Okay, well, maybe not powerless, but probably a townie.

Now, I'll Unvote.

No, you dunce. He's saying that you're taking his word based solely on a dead mafia member. I remember an IRC game where AFD pulled a similar stunt.

So, don't simply assume it's so.

Anyhow, I'll be right back.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 02, 2009, 09:26:56 pm »

@Web

I was thinking of your quote actually when I wrote it.  It's true, though: I haven't seen an OMGUS actually catch scum yet.  Closest I've seen is in BM2 when Pandar(scum) was randomvoted and Diakron(scum) voted back to attack. 

As for the cop matter.. I wasn't thinking townie (vector IIRC brought that up, and it makes sense now).  I WAS thinking Dephy though and, honestly, I'm still pondering if the cops all have various sanities. 

It wasn't so much the Arch death that made me target you: I did believe you when you said you had no other targets.  You were inspected because, frankly, you're Webadict who's reputation has ended up with a game dedicated to trying to actually kill you off.  So I investigated, was told you were "obviously mafia", saw the mafia die N2, then my gut screamed "something is #&(*%$# wrong here". 

I'm glad I told, in the end.  It ended up confirming just how the game is being run, gave us a small puzzle to solve that won't take up too much time from the town, and all with plenty of time in the day to go scumhunting. 

As for believing Janus: I learned the bay 12 lesson of 'role proof =! alignment proof'.  I also know, though, that Josh needed 3 full days to fully ripen his scuminess and that going after him before then would've been just WIFOM.  Janus was my prime target in D1.  That he is claiming a kill no one else will claim means all that is softened, but we'll see more as the days go by.  I won't drink the Wine when I have a stronger choice in my sights.

I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 02, 2009, 09:34:09 pm »

Spoiler: Posthumous Rage (click to show/hide)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37