Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37

Author Topic: Toon Mafia V - Day 5 - GAMEOVER  (Read 58102 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia V - Day 2 - Aren't Town Suppose To Die?
« Reply #285 on: November 01, 2009, 11:26:56 pm »

Sane cop is, in essense, a vig according to the rules. 

We now have 3 claimed sane cops: one that flipped cop, two claiming to have found mafia.  One of the claims is towards the one that vigged a dead mafia.
Sane cop does not mean a vig.  I can go out and say "I'm a sane cop and dakarian is scum."  But it wouldn't matter one bit because you cannot tell if I'm telling the truth.  The only way you could confirm it is if you kill me and it turns out that I was actually a cop (and not crazy).  It's closer to a vig that will only kill scum but has to die to do so.
That's funny because my Role PM equated being a Cop with being a Vig.

My guess:

Attain results.
Post results on page.
Get lynched.
Results -> modkill, whether we're correct or not.

Essentially, we have time-lapse vigs, as far as I can tell.  This makes me think that we'll have time-lapse scum, as well.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 01, 2009, 11:39:29 pm »

Doubtful.  The rule is '100% confirmed'.  Thanks to sanity, simply investigating isn't enough: even if you can confirm you are a cop, you may have the wrong sanity.

Thus, to turn a cop into a vig, they would have to have a sane or an insane (reverse alignment: town -> scum and reverse) investigation AND ensure the person isn't a miller/godfather.

Whether we'll have use for it to lynch with is in the air, but modkilling with it might be impossible without a good bit of additional tools.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 01, 2009, 11:47:39 pm »

I'm going to wait until Shad0wdump posts until I vote Webadict. I have a feeling that Webadict will flip town, and dakarian will be an insane cop or something.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 01, 2009, 11:50:18 pm »

All right.

Suddenly, I vaguely wonder if there is a sanity cop... but if there is, don't say anything.  Just start investigating the people who have been claiming sane cop.

It would make sense, so I'm just throwing that out there.

Otherwise, I'd suggest self-investigations for our cop infestation, to see if you get town on yourselves or not.  During the day, however, it might be better to pay a bit more attention to old-fashioned scumhunting, rather than breaking ye olde Bastarde Modde.  Too much town distraction can be absolutely fatal.

As I said, I don't think we should rely on "Sane Cop" results at all until we figure out the mechanic.  If someone comes up and says they're an insane cop, I'd be more likely to trust them... but as it is, careful sanity checkery for everyone and let's start working on our daily lynch.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 02, 2009, 01:58:54 am »

Now dear Rysith are you done trying to damn me for scumhunting and cutting down anyone that attempts to actually FIND scum or will you only be content when the town goes completely silent?

Dakarian, must I really add OMGUSing to your list of offenses? I'm hardly damning you for scumhunting, I'm damning you for voting on the flimsiest of premises, in ways that are at the very least unhelpful to the town and at worst an attempt to probe for potential bandwagons. You still haven't answered why you felt that a vote on Janus would do anything, particularly in light of claiming to have investigated Webadict and gotten scum last night. Bastardly is all well and good, but the information that it wasn't bastardly didn't arrive until after you'd switched to Webadict.

And now, you vote me for asking you questions, claiming that I'm trying to damn you for scumhunting. I'm damning you for what can only be described as rapid vote-switching with very little logic or evidence behind that. I can only think of scummy reasons to do that.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 02, 2009, 07:27:09 am »

OMGUS = Old, broken tell.  It hasn't caught scum in ages and scum around here are very likely to attack a town with poor excuses.

I place the first vote on a person to pressure vote, based on a scumtell that HAS actually caught scum before, and to start a discussion on a person and you say that's anti-town. 

Probe for potential bandwagons?!  Are you serious?  I never knew Janus was marked as an easy lynch. 

I aimed for Janus after I investigated Web because I DID want to see if it was Bastardly first.  Btw, you're information isn't correct: the claims it wasn't bastardly came BEFORE I told what I had.  Meanwhile, me telling about what I had proved that my fear was correct: it IS Bastardly (and non-sane "sane cop" isn't exactly honest now). 

You didn't just ask questions: you're marking me scum and voting off of poor logic and incorrect information and basing that your reason to accuse is...poor logic. 

Now come up with some new material before you start tunneling.  I'll put my money where my mouth is and pull an analysis on you to see if you're just a Bloodthirsty townie or an Overeager scum.
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 02, 2009, 08:21:14 am »

That was quick.  I remember that this is the game with my Wide Scan of Science.

You were pretty much absent for much of day 1.  When you do show up, you make one post on Web for a 'useful/useless post ratio'.  After that you quickly pull off for 'tunneling'.  Nothing after that.

You ARE hyperactive.  You were also on my 'disliked' list for it. 

Post ratios.. bandwagon hunting.. meh, you're starting to smell Bloodthirsty. 

Meanwhile: Pandar flung a third vote on Nihilist during the AN bandwagon.  Funny since in BM2 he commented that scum you specifically avoid that scumtell. 

Meanwhile: Cheeetar voted in lock step with Pandarsenic.  Pandar's 3rd vote on Nihilist was followed by Cheeetar's 4th vote.  Pandar's 1st vote on Archangel was followed by Cheeetar's 1st vote.  Also, Cheeetar screamed BUS when Pandar/Web were fighting and Cheeetar voted on Web rather than Pandar.

Rysith, you need to put a lot more content than you did yesterday.  Cheeetar, we have a scum death and a whole mass of D1 to read over.  Why are you still lurker hunting?  Also:

I'm going to wait until Shad0wdump posts until I vote Webadict. I have a feeling that Webadict will flip town, and dakarian will be an insane cop or something.

It sounds like you missed the part of the conversation where many of us agreed that the investigation isn't sanity proven.  Also, if you feel that Webadict will flip town and that the investigation isn't sane...why are you planning to vote for him.. and why wait for Shadow when it was already shown you can just FOS him and go back to him later? 

OH, and while you're at it, why is it that when you claimed the Web/Pandar argument was a Bus you only attacked Webadict?  If it's a Bus wouldn't that make Pandar scum too?  Once you stopped feeling that Web was bussing then wouldn't that then be a Town attacking a Scum?  Why all the aggression on Web but nothing for Pandar on a Double Scum claim like that?
I KNEW IT!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 02, 2009, 09:16:53 am »

I didn't say I was attacking Pandar, no, but I did think he was also scum. I had to pick someone to vote for, and that someone was Webadict. Mainly because he's kind of a prick. I didn't vote for him because he was a prick, but I choose him out of two equally suspicious people because he was a prick. Easier than eenie-meenie-mini-mo.
I'm still lurker hunting because Shad0wdump still isn't posting. It's become more and more suspicious as Shad0wdump dosen't post.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 02, 2009, 09:26:17 am »

I'll try and say more later, but for now, yes, I am a "sane" cop.  I investigated webby last night and got "innocent", but the fact that the flavour text had me doing virtually nothing to try and inspect him makes me suspect that I might be naive.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 02, 2009, 09:34:31 am »

@Cheeetar

When you cried out Bus, you focused ONLY on web and didn't even mention pandar.  When the idea that the Bus might not be true took hold then you left Web alone and STILL didn't look at Pandar.

If you thought Pandar was suspicious why didn't your web vote turn into a Pandar vote later on?
I KNEW IT!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 02, 2009, 09:37:06 am »

Because my vote on Web was first based on the bus argument, which failed, so I couldn't vote for Pandarsenic as I was also suspicious of him because of the bus argument (which failed).
I've played some mafia.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 02, 2009, 09:54:52 am »

I'm a little dense I think.. I still still can't shake off the concern that when two active players get into a fight you suddenly scream out BUS, vote on one person, and don't even mention the person that ended up actually being scum.  Not even a 'well, if Web is fine I guess Pandar is too'.  Not a 'FOS Pandar for being the partner'.  Nothing about him.

Also

Mod: Mind Prodding Shadow?

There, the mod is dealing with the lurker issue.  You can pull your vote from him until we confirm that he didn't actually skip out of the game and attack someone else now.
I KNEW IT!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 02, 2009, 09:57:48 am »

Unvote Shad0wdump. Atleast I'll get my vengeance in the karma thread. Also, I'm going to sleep now due to it being 2:00am. So, there is a possibility that I might not reply to your arguments.
I've played some mafia.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia V - Day 1 - A (In)Santastic Day
« Reply #298 on: November 02, 2009, 02:41:47 pm »

Sane Cop
sane Cop
sane cops
"sane" cop
Four sane cops and one direct contradiction.
So um.
What.
Either A)All sane cops get random results (IE useless)
or B)There is a pattern to the madness but without accurate roleflops we have no way of finding it out (also useless)
So um
Useless.

Stabbed in the back, you say?
In the manner of, say, a TF spy?
Janus?
This.  My role allows me to sneak up to someone and stab them if they are scum once per game.  So now I'm just a regular townie/third person. 
Bull. Shit.
Tell us what your role actually is, lying scumbag.
A role which can only kill mafia is ridiculously overpowered. There is no way anyone would add it to any variant ever unless said variant was pure bastard.
Unless I have misunderstood you. If I understand correctly, you role is:
Each night you can go up to someone
If they are scum, you kill them.
If not, you do nothing.
You can only kill once

Other stuff: Interesting, but not very.
Long Live United Forenia!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #299 on: November 02, 2009, 02:47:57 pm »

Each One night you can go up to someone
If they are scum, you kill them.
If not, you do nothing.
You can only kill once
This.  Your read was very close, but I can only use the entire ability once.  This the last part of my message saying I'm just a regular townie/third party now.

IIRC (busy multitasking or I'd look it up), two people "investigated" me, one got scum and the other got town.  I'm not scum, so that person is either lying or mistaken.  The other is more correct (I'm not scum), but not necessarily completely correct (I could be third party).

A little bit of meta information here:
By original role didn't clarify what would happen if there was a third party.  Toony later clarified that it would be the same result as if they were town (investigation).  This makes me think that Twiggie and/or me are the only viable third parties from others looking at it from my point of view (I know what my alignment is).
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37