Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37

Author Topic: Toon Mafia V - Day 5 - GAMEOVER  (Read 58062 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia V - Day 2 - Aren't Town Suppose To Die?
« Reply #270 on: November 01, 2009, 04:43:47 pm »

The reason why I questioned the situation is just to make sure I wasn't deceived.  I try not to trust everything I see just in case of some Bastardly events. 

Why Janus?  To apply pressure and make sure I'm not wasting time.  A player that's not analyzing the the game or attacking someone is not helping the town.  3nd vote makes for a decent reason to start some pressure. 

Does Janus claiming the kill make a difference?  It makes a BIG difference.  With this not being Bastardly, it means it was a mafia kill.  With Janus claiming the kill it makes him look VERY good at the moment. 

Now, why was I bothered about it being a possible Bastard?  Web scouted me out: I do know something.

Unvote
I'm a sane Cop, and I found Webadict as Guilty as anyone could EVER be.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 01, 2009, 05:00:22 pm »

Goddamit Toony.

We are all sane cops aren't we?

I am. And I got a mafia result on Janus.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 01, 2009, 05:26:56 pm »

He he he.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 01, 2009, 05:34:22 pm »

Goddamit Toony.

We're not all sane cops, since Janus claimed something other than sane cop and an ability that a sane cop wouldn't have had. I'm not a sane cop either. I also suspect the existence of at least one roleblocker or NK-immune townie, to account for the lack of townie-death last night, though we seem not to have the public investigation kills that we had feared.

Dakarian, if you knew webadict was mafia from your investigation last night, why did you try to push a vote on Janus first? Why are you so quick to claim sane cop to now push a vote on Webadict? Attacking is all well and good, but attacking inconsistently or for poor reasons is scummy. You don't even have the excuse that Eduren has.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 01, 2009, 05:48:46 pm »

Oh, ok then. But from the wording of my role PM and the two cases of "Sane Cop" so far we may have an unusually high number then.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 01, 2009, 06:11:52 pm »

Either someone DOES have a killing role and isn't mafia or

Bastard game is Bastardlly

Bolded = reason to delay the claim

I was told I was a sane cop, and was told that Web was scummy.  However, I wanted some idea about what was going on with the mafia death beforehand. 

Btw, it was ONE vote, first vote, that was applying pressure. 

And now we get to what "I" am really bothered about.

Sane cop is, in essense, a vig according to the rules. 

We now have 3 claimed sane cops: one that flipped cop, two claiming to have found mafia.  One of the claims is towards the one that vigged a dead mafia.

Either we have a lot of cops and just outted 3 mafia or not everything is being told to us accurately.

Well, the 100% confirmed rule will help with this.  If my claim is alone in proving myself then Toony's next visit will result in a modkill.  If the doubt over whether I am real or not is the problem, then my death and roleflip will 100% confirm my findings.

In honest, truth, if I die and web doesn't, we'll KNOW it's a Bastard Mod. 

Sounds like I know what I need to do.  Dakarian

Either Toony will come with the modkill early on, my death will kill scum or my death will prove that this game is a Bastard Game, and the town SO SO needs to know if this game is Bastardly.
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 01, 2009, 06:17:31 pm »

No one appears to be dying anytime soon.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 01, 2009, 06:34:35 pm »

Blah!  Then either it's me not being a confirmed cop or the mod is our enemy.

Either way, I shall cause a break!

If I'm lynched as a confirmed sane cop, web dies with me.  Otherwise, we know the system has a Bastardly bent.

How does that sound?
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 01, 2009, 06:35:57 pm »

NOTE:  Roles have hidden words/abilities maybe sometimes always.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 01, 2009, 06:40:15 pm »

My guess is that sane cop == townie, with a "get scum results on everyone" twist--except probably when we inspect ourselves, we show up as town.

The power roles are (I'm guessing?) from Team Fortress, with Pandarsenic's role requiring him to be ridiculously profane or something.

I'm not sure why we don't have a scum kill, though.  Maybe Webadict was targeted by Pandarsenic's prolific swearing, but Pandarsenic's death lead to no NK... or maybe the actual cops are the scum.

Who knows.  Just thought I'd throw that mess out there and see where it lands.  I need to go over things a bit more and think over my vote, though, so I'll be back with that in a while.

We have too freakin' many cops, and too freakin' many scum.  I don't want to lynch Dakarian.  I'm almost certain we've got a bastard mod on our hands, and it's time to break it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 01, 2009, 06:55:15 pm »

NOTE:  Roles have hidden words/abilities maybe sometimes always.

Nice.  So it is Bastardly.  A light version though with hidden details.  The rules probably still work properly.

Unvote

@Vector

Seems like cops are townies.  Best to assume that sanity is 'unknown'. 

As for the no nightkill: mafia doesn't have a normal Mafiakill, according to the rules. 

So for now, the inspections aren't proven of anything.  Keep doing them and try to confirm what you are.  For now, we'll need to go back to the good old scumhunt.

As far as the death flips.. so far they sound accurate.  That means I have nothing to use against  Janus for now.
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 01, 2009, 06:56:07 pm »

Deathflops are all 100% accurate.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #282 on: November 01, 2009, 08:55:34 pm »

Does Janus claiming the kill make a difference?  It makes a BIG difference.  With this not being Bastardly, it means it was a mafia kill.  With Janus claiming the kill it makes him look VERY good at the moment. 
The mafia doesn't have a nightkill (or at least a normal one).

I'm not a sane cop as has been stated.  Also, if you got a mafia result on me, you are either lying or not a sane copy.  Because I am not mafia.

Dakarian, if you knew webadict was mafia from your investigation last night, why did you try to push a vote on Janus first? Why are you so quick to claim sane cop to now push a vote on Webadict? Attacking is all well and good, but attacking inconsistently or for poor reasons is scummy. You don't even have the excuse that Eduren has.
This bugs me as well.

Bastard game is Bastardlly
Bolded = reason to delay the claim
Toon Maifa =/= Bastard Mod so far as I can tell.  I'm not sure exactly what you define to be a Bastard Mod, but the only thing I can see under the MafiaScum definition that applies would be lying to the players and I haven't seen anything yet that cannot be explained within the known rules (with the exception of cop sanity).

We now have 3 claimed sane cops: one that flipped cop, two claiming to have found mafia.  One of the claims is towards the one that vigged a dead mafia.
Sane cop does not mean a vig.  I can go out and say "I'm a sane cop and dakarian is scum."  But it wouldn't matter one bit because you cannot tell if I'm telling the truth.  The only way you could confirm it is if you kill me and it turns out that I was actually a cop (and not crazy).  It's closer to a vig that will only kill scum but has to die to do so.

My guess is that sane cop == townie, with a "get scum results on everyone" twist--except probably when we inspect ourselves, we show up as town.
I think that you may be correct (at least in part) that the cops are vanilla players (of either variety).  So far as whether or not the Sane Cops are actually sane, insane, or wrong is still up for debate.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 01, 2009, 09:12:24 pm »

A Bastard game is a game where the town is unable to trust everything the moderator says. 

A role that's named "Sane cop" that is NOT sane is technically Bastardly. In order for me to read my role correctly, I have to distrust the Mod's message.

I called it 'light bastardly' because it's just a matter that the roles have hidden quirks to them.  In truth, Toony coming out and saying what he said now is enough to..well.. 'debastardize' the game. 

Considering how important it is to know just what we can and can't trust, I'm glad it came out the way it did.

Now dear Rysith are you done trying to damn me for scumhunting and cutting down anyone that attempts to actually FIND scum or will you only be content when the town goes completely silent?
I KNEW IT!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 01, 2009, 11:19:05 pm »

Sane cop does not mean a vig.  I can go out and say "I'm a sane cop and dakarian is scum."  But it wouldn't matter one bit because you cannot tell if I'm telling the truth.  The only way you could confirm it is if you kill me and it turns out that I was actually a cop (and not crazy).  It's closer to a vig that will only kill scum but has to die to do so.
That's funny because my Role PM equated being a Cop with being a Vig.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37