Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37

Author Topic: Toon Mafia V - Day 5 - GAMEOVER  (Read 58071 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia V - Day 3 - Longest Toon Yet
« Reply #390 on: November 10, 2009, 03:51:15 pm »

I'd guess I'm the naive then, unless Archangel has also been getting town results.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 10, 2009, 03:55:32 pm »

Arc died the first day so we'll never know about him. 

Eduren's information can be useful though.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 10, 2009, 04:49:32 pm »

Arc died the first day so we'll never know about him. 

Eduren's information can be useful though.

I got Mafia on Vector.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 10, 2009, 04:52:35 pm »

Dakarian|Leafsnail|Eduren|Archangel|Vector
Web-G|Web-I|Janus-G|none|Rysith-G
Dak-I|Vect-I|Vect-G|none|Dak-G
Sane/Rand|Sane/Rand/Naiv|Sane/Rand/Para|Sane/Rand/Naiv/Para|Sane/Rand/Para
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 10, 2009, 08:40:55 pm »

... Right.  I'd suggest a self-inspection (for those who haven't self-inspected), plus perhaps an attempt to have everyone investigate the same person (today's primary lynch target?) plus a lynch of that person the day after, to calibrate our sanities.

Of course, that might be overdoing it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 10, 2009, 08:48:11 pm »

The last is.  We don't have the resources to go lynching folks just to test our theories.  The closest to this is me doing a scan on web when I get the chance and I'm 50/50 on what I'll find from him. 

Coordinating our inspections can be useful though.  For now, we just continue the hunt.
I KNEW IT!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 10, 2009, 08:56:18 pm »

Going over my PMs another time and considering my results, I believe that I am Paranoid.

If we want to win this game we need to get people talking again. Rysith, can you let us know you are still there?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 10, 2009, 09:37:26 pm »

Going over my PMs another time and considering my results, I believe that I am Paranoid.

If we want to win this game we need to get people talking again. Rysith, can you let us know you are still there?

Yes, I'm still here.

I was going to point out that since we've now got some conflicting cop results, we can start making conditionals (IE if Leafsnail is sane then Dakarian and Eduren cannot be), which should narrow down our choices for who needs to be investigated tonight. I'm happy, though, that Dakarian got a different result, which brings us at least closer to a potential real cop (and especially, one that we don't seem to have to worry about being night-killed). I wonder if confirming sanity implies a modkill, though...

For those that don't know, John Egbert is the main character from Homestuck, a MSPaint adventure that includes him accidentally destroying his house (and, it's implied, much of the town) with a video game. I think I'm rather glad that we lynched him, especially given the deception around his role. It also means that we may be dealing with a non-mafia clock, so just because we're only losing one a day/night cycle may not change that we only have until day 6 dawns to have won.

Dakarian, I don't think it's so unreasonable to choose two lynch targets today (a primary and secondary), then use the secondary to try to calibrate cops. We would suspect them anyway, and having a flip of someone we inspected would eliminate either sane or {paranoid/naive}. I'm also not sure if you can declare yourself not paranoid yet, since often paranoid cops won't get scum on self-investigations. I think that all we can build off of is disagreements between inspections.

And lastly, I think that probability says that we can lean toward both Eduren and Vector being paranoid/random, and thus discountable. We know that at most one of them could be sane (since there are two remaining scum and they have two each), and even then the probability that one hit both scum is tiny. To me, that leans toward Dakarian or Leafsnail being the only possibly-sane ones, which means that they should coordinate among themselves a mutual target tonight, so that we can resolve that bit. The other possibility would be lynching webadict, since a flip from him would eliminate one of them, but I agree with Dakarian that we can't lynch just to find sanity.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 10, 2009, 09:41:05 pm »

I should edit the front page.
Mod-kill only happens when alignment is 100%.
Let me go do that.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 10, 2009, 10:00:39 pm »

Also, Apostolic Nihilist, you haven't posted for something like 60 of the last posts and that was to vote along with most of the rest of us on Cheeeter (IIRC).  Care to explain the lurky bandwaggoness?
I was second on Cheeetar -- I found him scummy after Dakarian pointed it out, so I voted for him.
I'm lurking more than I'd like and I'll try to be a bit more active.

Also, I'm wondering: all of our cops will flip as 'sane cop', right? Now, what would happen in this (now impossible) scenario:

Cop A investigates Player X on Night 1. He gets 'guilty'.
Cop A investigates Player Y on NIght 2. He gets 'guilty'.
Cop A claims 'Sane Cop' and condemns Player X & Player Y, saying he investigated them and got 'guilty'. He is killed in the night and roleflips as 'Sane Cop'.

From town's perspective, Player X & Player Y are 100% confirmed; they're guilty. The cop flipped sane, after all.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 10, 2009, 10:06:08 pm »

it's been confirmed that the 'Sane Cop' name is just a name and has nothing to do with actual sanity.  Yes, you can have an Insane 'Sane Cop'. 

So no, killing the cops won't confirm anything. 

I'm getting deja vu vibes.  Last time I had to (re)shoot this idea down was Cheeetar, the anti-town Watcher. 
I KNEW IT!

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 10, 2009, 10:14:14 pm »

Well, right. But if town didn't have that knowledge — those people would be (incorrectly) confirmed.
As it stands, it's going to be impossible to 100% confirm someone; there's always the chance that they're a random cop.
So, unless we have another role floating around that can confirm people, I don't think we have to worry much about getting confirmed townies.
We can get 'almost-confirmed townie' but it's not guaranteed.

Also, I'm not suggesting we kill any cops -- quite the contrary. We need to keep them alive to continue figuring things out.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 10, 2009, 10:59:50 pm »

Scan on Webadict:

As Rashilul: Randomvote on Leaf (2nd vote), Replaced by Webadict

As Webadict: Vote on Nihilist(2nd) for nearly getting Twiggy Modkilled, defended Twiggy-came in late thus can't be scum(DNote:True, me as host had a similar issue show up elsewhere), battle with Janus, Battle with Pandarsenic, V Archangel, Attack on Rysith, Anyl on Nihilist.

Odd thing to catch:

Yes, once I had pointed you out, I became a target, did I not?

And I'd figured that Archangel's death was going to be an obvious for you. You'd figured that one Sane Cop would have been obviously Sane, but if you have a similar role, that it is the equivalent of a powerless townie in TM. Okay, well, maybe not powerless, but probably a townie.

Now, I'll Unvote.

It's in reference to me first claiming I was a cop. 

the oddness.. did he think I was lying about the role or honest?  If lying, then why the second paragraph where he figured I thought there was something wrong with the sane cop roles?  If honest, then how could I be targetting him after he focused on me since I'd have to investigate him the night prior (when he said I was town)?

Result.. Very confused.

After that, a vote on Leafsnail based on passiveness and later prompted aggressiveness (aggy after being told you aren't aggy).

I'm meh on Web being scum.  It's partially based on the idea that it would be very ballsy for him and Pandar to, out of the blue, have a large fight with each other as scum buddies, Also, his heaviest attack on leafsnail has a valid point to it. 

I KNEW IT!

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 11, 2009, 01:39:17 am »

Scan on Webadict:

Dakarian: Why the scan on Webadict?

I also (having gone back to the player list to check something) have noticed that Nuke hasn't said anything since page 21, and has since faded into the background. In the same manner as Eduren asked of me, won't you come weigh in?
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 11, 2009, 01:51:30 am »

I won't make any lynches just to try to prove any of the cops' sanity.  However, I was hoping that a scan on web would find him scummy to warrant a regular lynch and, as a bonus, help determine my sanity.

But it was a flop.  He's neutral so I can't use him. 

I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37