Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Kill Webadict Now Mafia [Morning 2: And then it was done]  (Read 37958 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now Mafia [Day 2: Liars and Time Travelers]
« Reply #330 on: October 30, 2009, 03:27:48 pm »

Mephansteras
Long Live United Forenia!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 30, 2009, 03:46:18 pm »

Nuke for not giving any reasons and going after a semi-confirmed townie.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 30, 2009, 04:02:51 pm »

What the hell Org.  You're like the only person I don't like.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 30, 2009, 04:08:44 pm »

What the hell Org.  You're like the only person I don't like.
I dont like you either Toony.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 30, 2009, 04:10:34 pm »

NUKE wants to be lynched.  He's being scummy on purpose Org...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 30, 2009, 04:42:12 pm »

Yes. Please don't lynch NUKE, Org. Jester's want to be lynched.

Jim's been lying a bit too low, so he might be a good target for today.

...Am I still not supposed to vote? Or are people no longer worried about that?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 30, 2009, 05:48:54 pm »

...Woops. Again. Keep messing up.

Unvote.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 30, 2009, 05:55:05 pm »

Org covered for you and, as Kobold suggests, defending someone isn't a scumtell.

Although I still leave my theory in the air of a second 'pro-webadict' there's no evidence of it yet.  As such, go ahead and vote.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 30, 2009, 06:18:58 pm »

I'm going to go ahead an vote Jim Groovester. He's mildly suspicious, but mostly it's to keep Nuke from getting lynched.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 30, 2009, 08:25:20 pm »

NUKE9.13. [2]: Jim Groovestar
Mephansteras [1]: Leafsnail, NUKE9.13
Jim Groovestar [3]: ToonyMan, Dakarian, Mephansteras
Janus [1]: Dakarian

Also, please put your unvotes in some not-blue color.
*Glares at Org*

Otherwise I might miss it if there have been a lot of new posts. Also, I've started ignoring blue because people FoS with it so 98% of the time it's meaningless.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 31, 2009, 01:07:00 am »

Day over. Send night actions. You should probably wait for me to post the day-end flavor though.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now Mafia [Night 2: JOTE]
« Reply #341 on: October 31, 2009, 01:13:13 am »

NUKE9.13. [2]: Jim Groovestar
Mephansteras [1]: Leafsnail, NUKE9.13
Jim Groovestar [3]: ToonyMan, Dakarian, Mephansteras
Janus [1]: Dakarian

You all begin to feel a pounding in your head. The house demands blood, demands the day be over. Jim has the most votes, so you shove him forward into an area where the floor is clear, against his weak protests. His eyes glaze over and his jaw goes slack for a moment. There's an uncertain silence, almost tangible, as you wait to see his death - and the revelation of his alignment.

Then it happens. Again, the house's reach does your dirty work for you, tearing him apart and absorbing him into the floor. You don't see the usual folder in his remains. Uncertain, you look around and realize it had simply appeared where he had been sitting before.

You are a Jack Of All Trades - a JOAT. You must find the Webadict and kill him before - Wait.

Wait.

You're not a Jack Of All Trades. Not quite. You're unique. Special, unlike the other JOATs.

You're actually a JOTE - Jack of the Ether. You possess the unique ability to alter the very fabric of the universe, becoming a sort of dimensional Nexus, causing all abilities targeting you to be randomly redirected. You also possess the one-shot abilities to make someone else a Nexus instead of yourself, or to grant someone cosmic knowledge; in the brief time (one night) that he will be capable of comprehending it, he will be an Ascetic, immune to all non-kill actions. However, these abilities require a great deal of effort and prevent you from becoming a Nexus yourself.

You all realize you'd missed again.

Night 2 ends MONDAY at 11 PM Pacific Time. It's being extended, yes, so enjoy your Halloween. Or don't.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 01, 2009, 11:48:37 pm »

26 hours and 12 minutes remain.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 03, 2009, 04:37:07 am »

The next morning is interesting - Toony, Dakarian, and NUKE9.13 are all missing. The dead body of ToonyMan is found first. His heart has been torn out of his chest, quite messily, shattering the ribs. The folder, predictably, is in the blood.
You are a Jack Of All Trades - a JOAT. You must find the Webadict and kill him before - Wait.

Wait.

You're not a Jack Of All Trades. Not quite. You're unique. Special, unlike the other JOATs.

You're actually a JOAT - Jack of Arsenic Tablets. You are a professional chemist, seeking to end Webadict's malign influence with your unique talents; once per game, during the day, you may create a poison tablet that will kill someone the next morning, bypassing all protections they may use. PM me a player's name to use this ability.

Next you find Dakarian, who has been.
Uh.
Turned inside out.
Eww.

NUKE9.13 is standing besides him, a bored expression on his face. "You people are no fun at all," he complains. He throws a manila folder at your feet, then thrusts his hand into the material of the wall and pulls out another.

The first reads:
Oh, Webby, you glorious bastard. You're a Serial Killer, of course, but you also have one-shot abilities to Bus, Roleblock, Redirect, Cheat (Be sent a target player's role PM), Mimic, and become a Nexus. You can do these the same night as you make your kill.

You are the Webadict, but you're also so much more. Through your soul, it is said, an eldritch horror will be able to enter the world - a manifestation of your true self. The others merely know that one among them has been possessed by the Webadict."
Secret: Scans of Webadict produce that he is a Jack of All Trades. A cheat to view his PM successfully produces: "You are a Jack Of All Trades - a JOAT. You must find the Webadict and kill him before he can complete his sinister plan.
Secret: The first person to unvote the Webadict on the day of his lynch switches roles with him. The Webadict who was lynched will flip the role of the person he switched with, but post-death will retain the Webadict win condition. The new Webadict has his role replaced with the Webadict role.
Secret: Webadicts Past and Present Chat here: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/QQLuvGjkTAKC

The second, you realize, is his own folder:

Wait.

You're actually a JOAT - Jester of All Trades. You know what'd be hilarious? Utterly, ridiculously hilarious?

If a divine being were to come to earth in a mortal form, seeking to be lynched, using his divine powers to prevent anybody from nightkilling him?

Hahahaha!
Hahaha!
Haha!
Ha!

Yeaaaah. Being a god gets boring. You have all the standard one-shot JOAT powers (1-shot Nightkill, Protection, Roleblock, and Investigation). However, your win condition is to be lynched before the game ends. Your win condition does not prohibit others from winning.

He repeats the process, exposing everyone still alive:

"Janus, the GOAT..."

Wait.

You're not a JOAT. Not quite. You're unique. Special, unlike the other JOATs.

You're actually a GOAT. GOAT stands for GOAT Of All Trades. That's right, your name is a self-referencing acronym. Each night, you will eat the votes of anyone who targeted you with a night action, assuming you live and are not roleblocked. You can regurgitate these votes through PMs during the day.

"Org, the Jack of Antisocial Trades..."

Wait.

You're actually a JOAT - Jack of Antisocial Trades. You have the following abilities, all able to be used once:
Eavesdrop - You will receive a copy of all PMs a player receives during the night.
Stalk - You will see whom the player you choose targets and by whom he is targeted.
Investigate - You will discover whether the player you target is Webadict.
Kill - You will assault the player you target, doing everything in your power to end his life.

"Mephansteras, the Jack of Altered Targets..."

Wait.

You're actually a JOAT - Jack of Altered Targets. You have the power to create illusions in a person's mind. Each night, you can select a player and create an illusion in his mind, causing him to believe he is interacting with one person while he is, in fact, interacting with another. He will be unaware that you have redirected his night action.

Additionally, once per game, during the day, you may PM me a person's name and tell me whom that person will vote for when the day ends. He will not be aware his vote has been altered until the day has ended.

"Leafsnail, the Jack of Artistic Talents...."

Wait.

You're actually a JOAT - Jack of Artistic Talents. You mainly do landscape paintings, though you also have been working on portrait art and storyboarding lately. Your artwork is widely acclaimed, but rumor has it that your paintings have properties transcending space and time...

You possess the following abilities:
Paint Landscape: You will make a painting of a player's house; this will allow you to see who targeted that player at night.
Sketch Storyboard: You create a storyboard, showing whom a player targeted and the results of their action.
(1-use) Paint Portrait: You will enter a trance for that night and paint a portrait of another player; this portrait will show all of the traits the person you paint possesses. This action will result in you being able to Cheat the laws of time and space, viewing their role PM.

"Vector, the Jerk of Arsonist Tendencies...

Wait.

You're actually something of a jerk. You're a JOAT - a Jerk of Arsonist Tendencies. You're going to solve the problem with the Webadict, and you're going to solve it how you solve all of your problems.

With fire.

You can "prime" a player each night; you may prime any player any number of times. On any night, instead of priming someone (or doing nothing) you may choose to ignite; for each time you primed each player, you will execute one nightkill against him.

"CobaltKobold, the Jack of AMAZING TRIUMPHS...."

Wait.

You're actually a JOAT - Jack of AMAZING TRIUMPHS!

You've never failed at something and you're not going to fail now. You possess one-shot night kill, protection, roleblock, and investigative abilities.

These abilities cannot have their targeting or completion disrupted by any means, though your NK can still be foiled by protections.

"So there you have it," Nuke finishes, shrugging. "It seems I accidentally killed Dakarian, the new Webadict, in the night." As the house begins to collapse, a gesture of his hand stops any debris from falling on them. He teleports them to the inside of a city subway. "I suppose this is where we part ways, mortals. It's a shame things weren't more interesting."

Webadict, Original Webadict, has lost
Dakarian, Second Webadict (Former Joseph Alan Taylor), has lost

NUKE9.13, Jester of All Trades, has lost.
Everyone else, as part of the town, has won.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now Mafia [Morning 2: And then it was done]
« Reply #344 on: November 03, 2009, 04:45:18 am »

My secret files:

Spoiler: Night 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 2 (click to show/hide)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27