Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27

Author Topic: Kill Webadict Now Mafia [Morning 2: And then it was done]  (Read 38048 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now Mafia [Day 2: Liars and Time Travelers]
« Reply #240 on: October 28, 2009, 02:17:18 pm »

First off, I do believe the Meph conversion theory. If it's true, though, then there must be a way to stop it. 

As for Vector's plan.  I'm all for it.  I'll take Leaf if no one else will?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 28, 2009, 02:18:24 pm »

Vector, that's insane, but I like it.  Lol Fang-tan has no problem with joining Litia, nyoro.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 28, 2009, 02:19:08 pm »

ToonyMan accepts Vector's plan, desu.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 28, 2009, 02:21:26 pm »

WTF, I didn't think that would go over very well.  Anyway, I have to go eat and do math problems and stuff, but when I'm back I have more structure to put under that.  This game is a puzzle, and the first step to solving a puzzle is machinery.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 28, 2009, 02:22:21 pm »

First off, I do believe the Meph conversion theory. If it's true, though, then there must be a way to stop it. 

NUKE's been harping about how he needs to be lynched to win.

I'm willing to go on faith and believe him, seeing as how he's been right the whole damn game. He suggested the body swap theory yesterday, so I think he knows what he's talking about. NUKE9.13 must die so we can get rid of the webadict.

Leafsnail's investigation into Nuke is probably just Pandarsenic messing with us.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2009, 02:28:51 pm »

@Vector: I think it'd be better to have two groups of 5 role-claim to each other. Breaking into pairs just lets the SK WIFOM everyone into lynching the partner of whomever was NK'd.

@Jim: Wait, you want to lynch the Jester?? That sounds to me more like the SK trying to get rid of an NK-proof target. Especially since you were one of the people that Mr.Person told about his failed attempt to NK Nuke.

My vote stays on Jim Groovester unless we get some good leads otherwise. He's acting much too suspiciously.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 28, 2009, 02:49:23 pm »

Limiting the numbers keeps the SK from hitting the best targets.  We can avoid WIFOM by just not taking everyone for their word as far as what the kills mean.  Scum can only feed as much wine as the town is willing to drink.

Nuke also didn't say anything about his NK immunity and yet that's what happened last night.  I don't know if Nuke is honest with a lying PM or a liar with an honest PM but SOMETHING is wrong over in that corner. 

As for Meph, I don't trust him at all.  The problem is whether it's useful to kill him right now.  I know at least I'd be wary of his vote if we do.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 28, 2009, 03:03:26 pm »

Don't vote Mephadict ever.

Unless you want me to be the new webadict. Or Jimadict, or Jim Grooveadict.

Meph's reasons for voting for me are simple: All night actions targeted at me will be randomly redirected. I claimed this yesterday when I was wondering why webadict was threatening the use of my role as a deterrent against night kills targeted against him.

I'm a large obstacle to his victory, so he wants me gone.

(Alternatively, and this is wild speculation, when webadict jumps bodies, he retains the original role of whom he chooses. I'd be a potent webadict if this theory holds any water.)
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 28, 2009, 03:13:06 pm »

*sigh* I'm not webadict and I didn't get taken over by him. If people are really worried about this I can simply not vote for anyone.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 28, 2009, 03:31:04 pm »

Yes, Meph, keeping your vote off today will really help.  Thanks.

Oh, and wouldn't this game be a waste without a FPTSLOOIA?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 28, 2009, 03:32:43 pm »

Unvote.

Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 28, 2009, 03:34:12 pm »

Few People Throw School Lunches Out Over In Austin?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 28, 2009, 03:37:05 pm »

@Vector: I think it'd be better to have two groups of 5 role-claim to each other. Breaking into pairs just lets the SK WIFOM everyone into lynching the partner of whomever was NK'd.

Limiting the numbers keeps the SK from hitting the best targets.  We can avoid WIFOM by just not taking everyone for their word as far as what the kills mean.  Scum can only feed as much wine as the town is willing to drink.

This.

Also, my current plan (once other people get over here to discuss it...) is to create cells so that we cultivate disagreement/don't have two people who are likely to just go along with each other.  My current model was each pair contains an analyst/active player + a tunneller/lurker.

The other thing is that I, at the very least, have a very hard time processing the amount of data flying around in a Mafia game.  Splitting the town into two sets hardly reduces the amount of data... but 5 does something completely different entirely.  We have 5 "informed minorities," 4 of which are guaranteed town.

Also, we want to squeeze the Webadict into as small of a space as possible.  Right now we're working with 1-cells, and considering a 10-cell.  It's easy to be a Webadict in either of those places.

In a 2-cell, with constant pressure from the townie partner and 4 other townie 2-cells looking at how the pair works together.... no, that's not easy at all.  Consolidation of data for each player means more scrutiny on the Webadict, no matter who he is.

Essentially, because we've got only one scum, we're constructing scum-teams.  It sounds ridiculous and batty, but my hope is that it will work.

Proposed list of pairings up in a little while.  This job is more social than analytic, though, so I'll request help with altering pairs to generate the correct amount of friction when they go up.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 28, 2009, 03:39:04 pm »

Ooops, got it wrong.  Shoulda been:

TFPTSLBOOIA

The Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass

The ultimate JOAT.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 28, 2009, 03:40:25 pm »

Hmm. Okay, I used my investigate. Zai was anti-webadict.

This is unfortunate, I'm sure all agree, as it means a wasted power use for town. I'm not sure how a JOAT is to pick who to protect and when- it's less obvious when it's oneshot.

So, Toony had a protect-immune NK. Unless there are more of those superNKs around, sounds like Nuke needs a lynch to die. I don't see how Nuke can be a benefit ot the town- he can just decide to work with the webadict and get to him and webadict, then -no, it'd just NL and get killed in night. Guess my train of thought was wrong.

I'd think that 3/3/4 might be a better celling...? just sort of a path-of-the-mean thought here.

That might be prudent, meph. howe'er, I doubt it's that simple. It might also be quite sufficient that meph have voted at all...

WTFun is that, mate? Oh, you posted it.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27