Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27

Author Topic: Kill Webadict Now Mafia [Morning 2: And then it was done]  (Read 38022 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now Mafia [Day 2: Liars and Time Travelers]
« Reply #225 on: October 28, 2009, 01:16:32 pm »

Well, either Nuke's role PM is lying to him or Nuke is lying to us.  Nuke IS NK immune.
How the floody buck do you figure that?

I can confirm that Nuke is not Webadict, so we shouldn't risk lynching him.
D: Why must you night action me so?

As to who is Webadict...not sure yet. I need to go back through day one and analyze things.
Webadict (the forum goer) was webadict (the to-be-lynched role) until we lynched him yesterday. Otherwise he would have put up a better defence, don't you think?
No, there was a player (not webadict), yesterday, who was Joe. Then we lynched webadict, and webadict (the role) was transferred to the then Joe, and the Joe role was transferred to webadict (the player).
The new webadict (role) is as findable by past behaviour as a cult convert. IE not
Long Live United Forenia!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 28, 2009, 01:27:45 pm »

Jim Groovester, you've been awfully cautious this game. And rather silent. Why is that?

Mostly because I haven't had a lot of time to post in this game.

And a lot of this is confusing me. So I'm trying to wrap my head around it.

Any lurking or hiding on my part is due to availability or apathy, not malice.

I'll look through the thread again and try to get a grasp of what's going on, and then I'll post some thoughts.

Alright. I've got a theory.

Remember that webadict voted for Mephansteras, when he proudly declared that he understood his role? My guess: webadict voting was him selecting who would become the new webadict when he was lynched.

How's that sound for a theory that seems pretty damn plausible?

Mephansteras, are you the new webadict?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 28, 2009, 01:28:42 pm »

No, I don't want NUKE lynched now.
Vote Jim, please speak your thoughts on the matter.

Also, I killed Mr.Person...sorry.  I thought I could get Webadict night one or something and Mr.Person was him in my eyes.

FAKE-EDIT:

Why hello there.  Insane theory FTW?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #228 on: October 28, 2009, 01:34:09 pm »

Remember that webadict voted for Mephansteras, when he proudly declared that he understood his role? My guess: webadict voting was him selecting who would become the new webadict when he was lynched.

It sounds plausible enough, but why would webadict want to be that obvious about making a new webadict?  It seems like he is rather capable of WIFOM from beyond the grave.  Arg...

Also, I killed Mr.Person...sorry.  I thought I could get Webadict night one or something and Mr.Person was him in my eyes.

Pity that.  A time traveler would have been rather useful.  Care to share if you plan on killing more of us over the next view nights?  Because as far as I can tell, most of us don't actually have the original JoAT powers.  So right now, you're the closest to a known SK (webadict) that we have...
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 28, 2009, 01:37:30 pm »

I'm a Jack of Arsenic Tablets.

Once per game I can kill someone, penetrating all their armor.  It'll kill them no matter what.

Hmmmm.....I think I did the wrong guy.  I'm anti-Webadict though.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 28, 2009, 01:38:15 pm »

Back to the Wine Cellar, everyone.

While that is certainly possible, Jim, my role has not changed. I'm still a JoAT (although not a Jack of All Trades).

And I have to agree with Janus that ToonyMan is now slightly more suspect for having killed Mr.Person. Simply because most roles can't kill anyone, I would guess. I certainly can't.

I'm starting to think that a Mass Roleclaim might be useful.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 28, 2009, 01:40:33 pm »

I don't think so.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 28, 2009, 01:41:56 pm »

Well, since all of our powers are roughly equal, it seems, a mass claim may be of some use.  I'd be prepared to go ahead with one.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #233 on: October 28, 2009, 01:42:35 pm »

I'm a Jack of Arsenic Tablets.

Once per game I can kill someone, penetrating all their armor.  It'll kill them no matter what.

Hmmmm.....I think I did the wrong guy.  I'm anti-Webadict though.

Well, I'm glad that you didn't actually target me then last night.  That would have been significantly less awesome than it otherwise could have been.

I'm starting to think that a Mass Roleclaim might be useful.

There will be at least someone that lies, but hopefully we can get some more information out and about...
(My role will be significantly less awesome after claiming, despite not actually changing, but that's ok too.)

I don't think so.

So much you said it twice.  (Originally, now it's back to only one... Strange).  Why not?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 28, 2009, 01:47:21 pm »

Scum could pick who to kill that's most beneficial.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 28, 2009, 02:00:36 pm »

Got a better way to find scum? With only a single serial killer, there's no vote patterns to really look for. He has no buddies to protect or bus, and anyone he votes for is fine for 'webadict', since he needs to kill everyone anyway.

Yes, if we do a MC he'll be able to target people better. We can also try to protect certain people better and we can hopefully use this information to figure out who is lying about their role.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 28, 2009, 02:04:30 pm »

Fine, I already did so it's up to everyone else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 28, 2009, 02:08:12 pm »

Fair enough.

I'm a Jack of Altered Targets. I can basically do a redirect each night. Also, once per game I can redirect a vote. I've already used that to get JanusTwoFace to vote for webadict day one.

I was really hoping that this was all just Panda and web trying to WIFOM us into letting webadict live for the whole game, but, eh. At least he was just a survivor and killing him didn't hurt us too much.
Come play Mafia with us!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 28, 2009, 02:10:26 pm »

Hm.  I have a kind of odd idea, so please tell me if I'm crazy.

We can PM freely, so here's what we do.  Break the town into "cells"--that is, groups of two people.  Those two people claim to each other and coordinate their actions.  We now have 10 people, so 5 cells.

One of these cells will contain Webadict.  We have now reduced the problem to "find one SK in 10 people" to "find the cell that is behaving advantageously for the SK and kill it."  Within the cell, each person has three responsibilities: 1. determine whether their partner is Webadict 2. determine whether the other cells are acting like Webadict 3. coordinate with their partner for the good of the town.

I think this plan may make finding Webadict easier, though I could be completely wrong about it... so once again, let me know.  It's a different sort of mass-claim, I figure, and generally less dangerous for town.

I have more commentary, but I figured I'd just throw this out there for now and see if it sticks.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 28, 2009, 02:11:25 pm »

Under that regime, I'd stick ToonyMan and Mephansteras together, since they're the ones who already MC'd.

... Anyway...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27