Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: Kill Webadict Now Mafia [Morning 2: And then it was done]  (Read 37984 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now Mafia [Day 2: Liars and Time Travelers]
« Reply #255 on: October 28, 2009, 03:41:34 pm »

Brahsome roleclaim is brahsome.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 28, 2009, 03:45:06 pm »

Not my roleclaim, just thought it would be a role for Pandar to potentially put in :P.  I claimed to my cell partner.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 28, 2009, 03:49:31 pm »

I'd think that 3/3/4 might be a better celling...? just sort of a path-of-the-mean thought here.

Thought about that already.  The thing is that people tend to form teams when they're playing this game.  So frequently we'd end up not with a genuine 3-cell, but a 2-cell with a 1-cell inside of a 3-cell.  We don't want that behavior, we want a little bit of fighting inside the 2-cell and then opposition between the 2-cell and the other 4 2-cells.

FAKEDIT: GRARGH!  Dudes, this is the problem.  No, I don't think either of you is Webadict, but I don't want to have leftover people sitting on the sidelines.  As in, consider a team of Jim Groovester and Org.  Do we really want that sort of situation?  We need to carefully manufacture these things for the best results, and best results include not just friendship, but also opposition.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 28, 2009, 03:52:46 pm »

Right.  I'm going to suggest something like this...

Leafsnail - Dakarian
ToonyMan - Mephansteras
Groovester - Kobold
Org - NUKE
Vector - JanusTwoFace

Does that work with you guys, or can you see any potential problems in that lineup?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 28, 2009, 03:59:17 pm »

Looks fine, dood.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 28, 2009, 04:01:04 pm »

I don't have a problem with that line up, though I'm still wondering whether this will actually be useful at all, as compared to regular (relatively speaking, of course) scum hunting.

As in, consider a team of Jim Groovester and Org.  Do we really want that sort of situation?

I do have a problem with what you're implying with this, however.

Jerk.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 28, 2009, 04:02:21 pm »

I dunno... Org and the jester who doesn't really care about anything now?  Nuke probably wouldn't make a great cell partner, since he's definately not pro-town.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 28, 2009, 04:03:29 pm »

Yeah, Org-Nuke seems like a questionable choice.

@Jim: Well, you did state that you had little time or energy for the game, so that sort of puts you in the lower-activity side of things.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 28, 2009, 04:05:56 pm »

The trick to the teams is this: The SK will be limited by the other player.  For example, Leaf knows my role.  As such, if I were to say anything that goes against my role then he could catch it.  Same goes the other way around.

Meanwhile, at night, we both will know what the other is doing.  That heavily limits what the SK can do and claim.

We'll still need to figure out the Puzzle, but at least we'll have some checks and balances.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 28, 2009, 04:08:48 pm »

pairing with vector? fine. crap, misread, rose-colored glasses?

Quote from: I see
high-medhigh (is usu vhigh)
moderate-medlow
low- medhigh
medlow-medlow
high-moderate?
(disclaimer: these are gut feelings, not detailed contribution analyses)

might wanna mix up the org-nuke and the leafsnail-dakarian if you want all cells to get vocal.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 28, 2009, 04:09:52 pm »

Yeah, Org-Nuke seems like a questionable choice.

@Jim: Well, you did state that you had little time or energy for the game, so that sort of puts you in the lower-activity side of things.
Meph has a power to make people force their action on someone!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 28, 2009, 04:11:05 pm »

As in, consider a team of Jim Groovester and Org.  Do we really want that sort of situation?

I do have a problem with what you're implying with this, however.

Jerk.

I know I am, and I apologize.  I'll try to explain, though, as that was a special case of a generalization.

We don't want two people who are lurking in this game put together.  Myself and Org would be an equally poor combination.  Myself and ToonyMan would be another horrible combination, since we both tend to get tunnel-vision.  There are horrible combinations all over the place, and the hope is to minimize certain sorts of damage that could arise from this sort of thing--a cell that tunnels other cells, a cell that completely lurks, a cell that is so anti-town it hurts (NUKE + Webadict, if Webadict were still alive, a cell where both members have horrible social skills, a cell where one person has really good social skills and the other member has really poor social skills.

So again, I'll apologize, and hope I haven't hurt your feelings too badly.

I thought Org and NUKE would go well together because NUKE is probably getting voted today, and Org in a cell by himself is... well, about the same as Org in a cell with someone else >_>

Do you have a different arrangement that you think would work better with Org?  I figure we'd need someone tricky and reasonably pro-town to go with NUKE, if he survives this dayphase... Org doesn't matter that much, other than needing someone independent to go along with him.  This setup mostly relies on NUKE getting offed.

I was also thinking about mixing up Leafsnail and Dakarian... just a minute.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 28, 2009, 04:12:26 pm »

I think I matter, as I might have found a mafia!!! MEPH

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 28, 2009, 04:14:22 pm »

Quote from: Presto?
Leafsnail - Groovester
ToonyMan - Mephansteras
Vector - Kobold
Dakarian - NUKE
Org - JanusTwoFace

Also... Org, WTF.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 28, 2009, 04:15:23 pm »

Quote from: Presto?
Leafsnail - Groovester
ToonyMan - Mephansteras
Vector - Kobold
Dakarian - NUKE
Org - JanusTwoFace