Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Lord Dakoth's Adventurer Challenge: Blood Feud (FORMERLY Baron of Blood)  (Read 4325 times)

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you BLOOD FEUD!

This is a backstabbing succession-type game played with adventurers. Basically, we will have two mansions in separate town areas. These towns will be designed and built by yours truly. I will also procure a full set of (masterwork?) adamantium armor and weapons.

The way the story goes, there are two rivaling families who have been quarreling with each other for quite a while. One day, a champion from one of the families appears and kills the rivaling faction leader, afterwards returning to be welcomed back with fame and glory.

However, the other family is just as bloodthirsty, and sends one of their own to avenge their kin...

Basically, I will create an uber adventurer and retire him near one of the great big manors. (NOTE: He may actually be wandering around the town.) He will have adamantium armor and an adamantium weapon, not to mention leet legendary skills.

I will then zip the world and e-mail it to Player 1, who must train an adventurer and destroy my character. He will then travel to the other manor and retire.

Player 1 will then zip his saved world and e-mail it to the next player, or something, AND send his game log to me, so I can review it and make sure that everything is in order.

If you are not comfortable with posting your e-mail on the forum, you can PM it to me, or just e-mail me directly. My e-mail address is on my profile page. If you do e-mail me, please put something like "The Baron of Blood" or "Bay12" in the subject so that I will know not to ignore it. If I don't reply in a few days, PM me on the forum and remind me to check my e-mail.

Rules and stuff in the next few posts.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 05:17:50 pm by Lord Dakoth »
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
Re: Lord Dakoth's Adventurer Challenge: The Baron of Blood
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 07:46:19 pm »

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS TO DATE:

00: Lord Dakoth (current, hurry up you lazy bastard)
01: killaconcarnage
02: ArkDelgato
03: yougiedeggs
04: Virroken
05: LegoLord
06: Hummingbird
07: Teach
08: Deadbeard
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 04:23:46 pm by Lord Dakoth »

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 07:46:55 pm »

RULES AND STUFF (obey or else)

-The rules may change at any time, but I will do my best to notify everyone when the rules do change.

-This game will be played on vanilla DF 40d.

-Masterwork steel armor and weapons will be provided for you, but you may decide not to use them. You will be responsible for your own armor.

-You may not take companions, old adventurers, or drunks. You must face the Baron/Baroness of Blood all by your lonesome.

-After you win, you should don the masterwork adamantium armor, but you do not have to. In the case that you do not want to use the same weapon that your opponent used, there will be a weapons storehouse stuffed full of masterwork adamantium weapons, you may choose whatever one you want, but PLEASE RETURN YOUR PREDECESSOR'S WEAPON.

-If you wish to use the throwing or ranged skills, please limit yourself to 10 bolts/arrows/rocks total. (This rule may change if ten turns out to be too few or too many.)

-Please no cheap stuff, such as throwing pieces of armor. Using wrestling moves to strip an opponent of his armor or weapon *is* allowed, but not very honorable. Be aware that your opponent will likely have a high wrestling skill and will still be a formidable foe even unarmed.

-You are allowed to savescum if you die, but please mention how many tries it took you to kill your rival.

-You may ABSOLUTELY NOT train your adventurer after you win the fight! However, it is of course understandable if you have to fight a pack or two of wolves before you make it to your fort.

-Please DO NOT hide, destroy, or otherwise misplace the masterwork items. This is simply being an asshole and will result in disqualification.

-Do not alter the world, including modding your raws, hiding items, or starting a fort in Dwarf Mode.

-When you become the new Baron or Baroness of Blood, you should respectfully move your opponent's body and resulting remains to a coffin in the catacombs, using the [p] function. I will provide the coffins. We respect the fallen, not throw their bodies in random cardinal directions. Screw that. It's a feud now, not a chivalrous jousting tournament. Do whatever the bloody hell you want with your opponent's remains, although it would be cool to have them lying in the entrance to your family's manor.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 05:22:34 pm by Lord Dakoth »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 08:35:35 pm »

But I enjoy the throwing...
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Cody1750

• Bay Watcher
  • The Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 10:45:54 pm »

This sounds pretty cool.
Dieing is easy, living is the hard part.
Cacame Awemedinade, Elven Dwarf King, the universes awesomest elf ever.  Follower of The Way of Axe, Blood and Coal
If your armor was 50% as good as two other civs and 30% as good as a third, do you really think you'd do well in war? That'd be like trying to engage a rocket-launcher mounted Humvee with a pistol riding a tricycle.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 10:57:03 pm »

I just had a godly awesome idea!

We use this as the next Dwarf Masters competition- competitors have a week to create the most grandiose, extravagant, trap-laden (but fair!) arena. Bonuses for fairly including magma, traps, and magma traps.

...and it would be awesome.

By the way, if you've tested this and it works, it's also totally awesome.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 11:25:00 pm »

Okay, I will get started on building the arena, then.

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 11:26:43 pm »

I would definitely be up for this! 

But what would your policy be on murdering sapients for practice?
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 11:34:20 pm »

One question... If you are retiring, in a human town I imagine killing the first would automatically make you an enemy of the town/civ right? Well you wouldn't be able to retire then right? So that would mean you would have to move to a different town after every kill am I right?

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 11:58:00 pm »

Damn...

I'll have to think of something...

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 12:09:16 am »

Have two cities from two different civs, two towers/arenas. Once you kill the Baron, move to the other tower and retire there.

killaconcarnage

• Bay Watcher
  • ROBOFISH
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 04:21:17 am »

I want in.

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 05:54:29 am »

I would love to play this challenge.

I do recall stealing from a town, travelling to a town, having the hammerlord say he is going to kill me.
Then retiring and being accepted.

If not you could do the two fortress thing.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 01:07:05 pm »

Eh, just find a civilization with like... one town or something.  And retire there.

Maybe slaughter all the inhabitants first.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 02:36:39 pm »

the two arenas should be the arena of fire, filled with magma and coal and other firey things, and the arena of ice, carved of ice,or filled with water, or both.

'twould be the most awsome thing ever.
it would be the baron/baroness of burning/frozen blood.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4