Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 4: End - Winter Wonderland  (Read 53004 times)

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 4: Day 3 Broken Peace
« Reply #270 on: November 10, 2009, 04:22:52 pm »

I suppose there's something to that. However, I thought we were looking for changes in behavior here? Furthermore - you're doing the same thing, honestly. Accusing Org based on sudden change of post-frequency. (I suppose we might look for some continuation of this trend - this change of activity, particularly on Org.)

I understand that, then. I fail to see the contradiction as clearly, but I'm fairly confident that's because I can't understand the way he put it.

The conjecture is important as any other piece of evidence we have on him. It indicates mindset and direction somehow. I haven't worked out how, and I'm conjecturing on how his conjecturing relates to scumminess, which in turn etc.

I'm sorry about that, then - I misread his post, apparently. ._. Anyway, that's all rather true. I've got nothing more on either of you, not without doing some deep back-hunting which I don't have time for right now. I'll do that later today!

Cobalt and Laetificius haven't said a thing today. You guys still out there?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 10, 2009, 04:38:57 pm »

I suppose there's something to that. However, I thought we were looking for changes in behavior here? Furthermore - you're doing the same thing, honestly. Accusing Org based on sudden change of post-frequency. (I suppose we might look for some continuation of this trend - this change of activity, particularly on Org.)

Ah, I'll explain.  These are my reasons for voting Org:

1. Change in behavior (sudden chattiness, which Pandarsenic says is a scumtell for Org.  Of course, Pandarsenic was scum at the time, so I don't fully trust this one.  Further, Org has been a lot more active in all of his games recently)
2. Jumpiness
3. Contradictory behavior
4. Sudden explosive anger when people vote him (frequently a scumtell)/irrational fear of dying
5. Bandwagoning (might just be an Org thing)

The first and last things were just small warning lights for me.  The other 3 are the serious charges.

The conjecture is important as any other piece of evidence we have on him. It indicates mindset and direction somehow. I haven't worked out how, and I'm conjecturing on how his conjecturing relates to scumminess, which in turn etc.

A good point.  I don't really know how to get anything out of it myself, but I hope you'll post your results when you're done.  They'll be interesting to trawl through.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 10, 2009, 04:44:14 pm »

1. Change in behavior (sudden chattiness, which Pandarsenic says is a scumtell for Org.  Of course, Pandarsenic was scum at the time, so I don't fully trust this one.  Further, Org has been a lot more active in all of his games recently)
2. Jumpiness
4. Sudden explosive anger when people vote him (frequently a scumtell)/irrational fear of dying

1 I always try to do this so no one can tell what I am. :3
2 Meh
3 I lold once I figured out that I messed up. :3
4 Irrational, fear of dying??
5 Org thing. :3

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 10, 2009, 04:51:25 pm »

If/when results come, I'll certainly post them. I should start taking some notes on this.

2. Jumpiness

2 Meh

1. Of course you do.
2. Really?
3. I guess I'll accept that, hesitantly.
4. Yes, when it comes down to it. The thing I'm increasingly realizing is that you have to suppress your survival instinct. No real person would do that, but that's why we play on a forum instead of in real life with guns and "boards with nails in them." (Kudos, Panda, for clever text. I also like how we search his pockets for money. Also how his note is... in his mouth. Along with fillings. That we steal. I feel like a pickpocket.)
5. Of course.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 10, 2009, 08:47:45 pm »

So I went back and I found all of Org’s posts, then examined what he had to say and compiled thoughts on it. All of it’s in the Spoilers.

Discuss? I find it odd that out of 273-odd posts in this thread, Org's make about 15... about five of them today. I've pointed out other things I find odd in the spoilers. Again, discuss!
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 10, 2009, 08:51:52 pm »

False.  You're copying Webadict so much it hurts.  What's with the weird buddying, dude?

2 Meh

Yay, you messed up~!  Aren't we all so happy we managed to find scum?  *dances*

For someone who's been playing this game so much and typically cares so little about getting lynched, you sure are acting differently.

I think that's for us to decide.

@SirBayer:

The thing is, pretty much everyone is pretty jumpy the first time they come under heavy fire.  This is why I haven't been going after CobaltKobold for jumpiness (especially since he realized he was jumping and has been correcting for it), but upon barely prodding Org he exploded.  That's an atypical reaction, even for beginners.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 10, 2009, 09:11:33 pm »

Dude. I think you are the scum, mostly for the fact that you almost never go out on a limb to try to tackle someone from your thoughts of "scumminess". I think you are reading too much. I am copying webadict oh wow thats not changing my behavior?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 10, 2009, 09:21:34 pm »

Now, Laetificus. You seem to only speak when prodded, so here's a slight prod.
What do you make of this? What of Org?
:-/ Apostolic Nihilist didn't respond to being called scum/voted by me AT ALL. Do you think you get to ignore the town, Apostolic Nihilist?
Anyway, Org, I agree. You're being suspiciously active, even just in this game. This is the highest concentration of posts you've really had the entire time, or from what I've seen. Can't just take that as sudden interest in the game, can we?
We could. He seems to be more active than before in all games I've been looking at. The way I see it, SirBayer, people lynch Org for lurking (he must be scum/isn't helping the town), or you lynch him for NOT lurking. A model not depending on its inputs is...class?...a nonpredictive model.

Quote from: SirBayer
Also, anyone up for the discussion of the scum's choice of who to knock off? RedWarrior0 didn't seem like a huge threat to anyone, in my opinion. If memory serves, he wasn't tunneling anyone,
I'll correct your faulty memory, because it serves the town to know the truth: he was focused on me, for the "ICs" comment.
Cobalt and Laetificius haven't said a thing today. You guys still out there?
Yes.

PPE THIS JUST IN: Vector I've got you now, you special-pleading scum. You shall (mis)lead the town no longer.
Quote from: Vector's number One reason for gettingthis Orgwagon started?
Extension.  Let's hash this thing out and find us some scum, dudes.
The town-vector I know is not so nonchalant and casual. Why so not-serious, scum-vector? don't you want to find scum?

Of course I want to find scum.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have voted for an extension.

To address your misconception that town-Vector is always tense, I'm usually tense due to too much insanity IRL.  Now that I'm less crazy, I'm much more relaxed.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 10, 2009, 09:28:09 pm »

Indeed, Vector. Org, your statement makes no sense.

"I am copying webadict oh wow thats not changing my behavior?" What is that supposed to mean?

Good point, CK.
Rules are for suckers.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 10, 2009, 09:31:30 pm »

Indeed, Vector. Org, your statement makes no sense.

"I am copying webadict oh wow thats not changing my behavior?" What is that supposed to mean?

Good point, CK.
You need to think for yourself once. Vector says this, as one of his points:

Translation:
I am obvscum or a moron.

Explosive behavior:Null tell. No way. I do this for both.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 10, 2009, 09:42:22 pm »

Org. I am thinking for myself. I have trawled up a fair amount of evidence against you. I do not trust you. I think you are scum. I agree with the argument. Therefore, I continue to support Vector in his scumhunting. You are obvscum as far as I'm concerned.
Rules are for suckers.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 10, 2009, 09:46:30 pm »

Org. I am thinking for myself. I have trawled up a fair amount of evidence against you. I do not trust you. I think you are scum. I agree with the argument. Therefore, I continue to support Vector in his scumhunting. You are obvscum as far as I'm concerned.
Well, lets see. WHen the town all get back here in a few hours, lets see how it will be, shall we.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 10, 2009, 10:21:05 pm »

Vector I've got you now, you special-pleading scum. You shall (mis)lead the town no longer.
Quote from: Vector's number One reason for gettingthis Orgwagon started?

The town-vector I know is not so nonchalant and casual. Why so not-serious, scum-vector? don't you want to find scum?

Of course I want to find scum.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have voted for an extension.

To address your misconception that town-Vector is always tense, I'm usually tense due to too much insanity IRL.  Now that I'm less crazy, I'm much more relaxed.

Ah, I'll explain.  These are my reasons for voting Org:

2. Jumpiness

The first and last things were just small warning lights for me.  The other 3 are the serious charges.

DOES NO ONE READ WHAT I WRITE?

You need to think for yourself once. Vector says this, as one of his points:

Translation:
I am obvscum or a moron.

Translation: I hear it's one of your tells.  I don't necessarily trust it.  As such, I'm mostly ignoring it.

I'm glad to hear that the explosive behavior is an Org thing, but this is the first time I've seen it in action.  As such, I don't trust your word on it this time around.

I feel like you're copying Webadict in your tendency to demean people (in a similar fashion to how he does).  If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong and I apologize for the comparison, because discussion of such doesn't really belong in a Mafia game, anyway.  In any case, the more important thing is your outbursts after a little pressing.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 10, 2009, 10:31:19 pm »

Hrrm. This discussion is definitely heating up. At least people are discussing, unlike how last day ended. However, I don't like how this discussion is going.

Seems everyone is getting far too worked up about this, and thats not going to help us root out scum. We need to calm down, for now, and really ask questions. Getting worked up will only cause us to mislynch, and give the mafia cover.

Such as, Cobalt, what other reasons than that one slip do you have for considering Vector scum? That hardly seems like a lynchable offense, especially when other members have made themselves less useful, and have more on their record, than him.

Org, why don't you vote for Vector, if your so sure he's scum? Seems like your just proving his own point, that you question, but never act, which is definately a scum tell. If your so sure he's scum, why not vote him?

Personally, I think Org's just trying to save his own skin right now,  and posting whatever he can. Web, can I get your thoughts on this?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 10, 2009, 10:41:39 pm »

DOES NO ONE READ WHAT I WRITE?
Ah, my apologies. unvote, since I was mistaken. On the plus side, it's easy to get Vector to blow up. On the minus side, you order your lists strangely, Vector.

tehstefan: I'm(was) trying to get him to make more slips. Make people blow up and see if they blow up town or scum. Or at least so I'm told.

Anyway, I'm going back to seeing what's up with Apostolic Nihilist
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28