Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 4: End - Winter Wonderland  (Read 52973 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 4: Day 2 Eye of the storm
« Reply #225 on: November 07, 2009, 12:44:57 am »

But I do. You were saying "You can't play the way you want to play", contrary to the attitude of the (town) Vector I know.

4. I do not have to play the game by your standards alone, Free Beer.

This is a game he was town in, people. Take note.

Stop putting words in my mouth.  If I don't know what I meant to say, I'm almost certain that you don't.  If you want to know what I was thinking at the time, I seem to remember something about "Do you want to play or not" and "You can't just sit around lurking."

As long as a person is active and thinks, I don't care what they do.  The sole requirement is that they play the game.  Toony-tunneling, confirmed-townie lynching, funky speech pattern, weakness to scum sweet talk... it's all fine.  They'd just better post, and the posts had better say something more than "Oooh, I'm so confuzzled.  I will cry into my ham sandwich until the pain fades away."

Speaking of which:

Apostolic Nihilist, is there some reason why you're going after only easy kills?  Thank you for the WoT and all that.  Yes, yes.  Very helpful.  Now get off your ass and start scum-hunting.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2009, 08:06:16 am »

Current Vote Count:
SirBayer[1]: Vector
CobaltKobold[1]: RedWarrior0
Org[3]: Tehstefan, CobaltKobold, Apostolic Nihilist
Apostolic Nihilist[1]: SirBayer
Tehstefan[1]: Laetificus

Note Voting: Org

Deadline: Monday, 11am EST

« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 03:48:12 pm by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 07, 2009, 09:09:01 am »

You messed up. Hurr hurr.
Current Vote Count:
SirBayer[1]: Vector
CobaltKobold[1]: RedWarrior0
Org[2]: Tehstefan, CobaltKobold

Apostolic Nihilist[1]: SirBayer
Tehstefan[1]: Laetificus
Org: Apostolic Nihilist

Note Voting: Org

Deadline: Monday, 11am EST

So guys, bandwagoning an easy target? Scummy as I see it.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 07, 2009, 03:49:14 pm »

*glances at Org* You quoted some other game.  The vote count is accurate.

I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 07, 2009, 05:43:47 pm »

Org, by not voting, you're not helping. It just shows that even though you're under pressure, you don't want to seem too aggressive, which is a good scumtell.

So, if you're town, you're bad town, and if you're scum, you're really bad scum.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 07, 2009, 09:25:17 pm »

Very well, AN. I'll accept that.

Unvote

Vector, why the over-reaction to a slight change of interpretation? He didn't even vote for you, just a vague FoS.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 07, 2009, 09:28:12 pm »

Org, by not voting, you're not helping. It just shows that even though you're under pressure, you don't want to seem too aggressive, which is a good scumtell.

So, if you're town, you're bad town, and if you're scum, you're really bad scum.
But Im not sure who to vote unless I vote one of them who voted me but thats an OMGUS and scumtell!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 07, 2009, 09:29:50 pm »

OMGUS is a scumtell if it has no reason. If you back it up sufficiently, it shouldn't be.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 07, 2009, 09:43:09 pm »

He seems to maybe be deflecting/grouping "scummy people" together. Kinda scummy. I wasnt awake to do a day extension.

Quote from: Bayer
Assuming, then, that scum would not request extensions willingly (completely ignoring any WIFOM), the only remaining suspects are Myself, Org, Laetificius, and Apostolic. I'll try to clear myself by pointing out that scum would not want to include themselves in a narrowed group, especially new scum. Whether or not that works, whatever.

Most dangerous info to me? My role? How I play? I guess.

And finally, reads on people. Well, I thought Martyr was scum, seems he was just a MORON. Tehstefan, you seem scummy to me. My reasoning behind this, you ask? Being helpful, and a bit open and active. What, I hear everyone asking, what? Why would you ever lynch someone for BEING HELPFUL? Well, usually I would say being too active is not so good, although I am basing this on how I play so maybe it is not the best of reasons. Maybe its just me, but I actually tend to be more active when playing scum.

Webadict, as an IC, what do you think?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 07, 2009, 10:42:25 pm »

I can state one thing ahead of Webadict.

lately Webadict has not only stopped claiming OMGUS as a scumtell, but he's started considering people who avoid doing such things AS slightly scummy.  Call it the 'Anti-OMGUS scumtell"

"I" will say this myself:

Town doesn't win if they can avoid getting suspected or even lynched.  Town wins when they find and kill scum. 

So, Everyone:  Is what you are doing now trying to avoid getting hurt, or trying to find the scum?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 08, 2009, 12:29:09 am »

I can state one thing ahead of Webadict.

lately Webadict has not only stopped claiming OMGUS as a scumtell, but he's started considering people who avoid doing such things AS slightly scummy.  Call it the 'Anti-OMGUS scumtell"

"I" will say this myself:

Town doesn't win if they can avoid getting suspected or even lynched.  Town wins when they find and kill scum. 

So, Everyone:  Is what you are doing now trying to avoid getting hurt, or trying to find the scum?
Actually, now that I've called anti-OMGUS as a scumtell, I'm starting to reintegrate the OMGUS scumtell.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 08, 2009, 01:26:27 am »

webadict: You're crazy.

Now to see if I can cleanse the 30page monster from my head for the supposedly 'lighter' mafia game....re-scanning. I think I have identified a critical flaw in my playstyle that needs fixing before multiple games work well. Namely, that I do it in short-term memory.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 08, 2009, 01:53:43 am »

unvote
[spoiler=quick go through thread to put it at top of memory]
Org: leaped on MS for the easy lynch. Didn't vote initially. Fifthvote(hammer if we had)...like he's avoiding votes 3,4? safebandwagon? Seems to be doin' his usual somewhat-improved Org thing?
Apostolic Nihilist: Org for inacti'ity. Fourth! on MS. Third! on Org.
tehstefan:(supported)calls CK and Vector appear town, thinks Vector/Org could be dangerous
CobaltKobold: Second on MS. Completely explodes(or so I felt) when voted by sofRedWarrior0 d2 and called on an allegedly unsupported crossvote. Scumhunting much.
SirBayer: ...kinda passive? Casual? Hard to pin down, seems to support others. Crossvotes Vector for "overreacting to slight different interpretation".
Laetificus: Third! on MS. Says "Hmm, the really active Vector/CK are prolly town".
Vector: goes "Hey, nice" at RW0. First on MS Ignores my question as "obvious" Scumhunting much.
RedWarrior0: leaps on CobaltKobold for inconsistency. Lurky RW0 as usual.
==DEAD==
Martyr Syndrome:didn't do anything besides be an easy lynch :([/quote]Nothing seems to be reason to lynchvote at this time, so pressurevote Apostolic Nihilist you devious scum you.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 08, 2009, 01:54:14 am »

...syntax error, [spoiler] + [/quote] = blargh
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 08, 2009, 07:25:29 pm »

Vector, why the over-reaction to a slight change of interpretation? He didn't even vote for you, just a vague FoS.

It pisses me off when people pretend to know what I'm thinking, especially when they decide I'm a hypocritical old bastard.  You may look to my walls of overreaction in the same game he cited, if you want further evidence that I usually act this way to similar situations.

Hoping to see what you have to say soon, tehstefan and RedWarrior0.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28