Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 4: End - Winter Wonderland  (Read 52939 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 4: Day 2 Eye of the storm
« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2009, 09:44:17 pm »

Day extend. I wanna be here when this finishes. Nothing new to add at the moment, though I still think CK is scum.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 05, 2009, 10:15:25 pm »

Day extend
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 05, 2009, 10:27:36 pm »

day extend We need it so we don't lose time on the mafia.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 05, 2009, 10:28:01 pm »

Extension.  Let's hash this thing out and find us some scum, dudes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 05, 2009, 10:38:25 pm »

The town-vector I know is not so nonchalant and casual. Why so not-serious, scum-vector? don't you want to find scum?
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 05, 2009, 10:39:07 pm »

There are not supposed to be two quotes. It was lagging. These are not the mistakes you're looking for. *hand motion*
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 05, 2009, 10:45:34 pm »

Impressive.  Very well

4 Request heard.

Deadline: Monday, 11am EST
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 05, 2009, 10:53:32 pm »

The town-vector I know is not so nonchalant and casual. Why so not-serious, scum-vector? don't you want to find scum?

Of course I want to find scum.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have voted for an extension.

To address your misconception that town-Vector is always tense, I'm usually tense due to too much insanity IRL.  Now that I'm less crazy, I'm much more relaxed.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 05, 2009, 11:41:30 pm »

It's more...focused, logical, irritable. I suppose that would do it. Perhaps we need more pressure on you. Like my vote.

So who do you think is scum now and why?
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 05, 2009, 11:45:02 pm »

Let me serve up a more interesting question, that one's boring.

Who, if scum now, would you think would pose the most danger to the town, and why? En List please. The voting table should serve as a reasonable !alive.
Tilesets

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 05, 2009, 11:55:04 pm »

This'll be interesting to hear.

Just a comment here - as I'm new, I'm going to assume I shouldn't feel bad about having little to no knowledge of these people's history. I don't know how they play. I suspect it's a disadvantage for me, but I'm just trying to do what I can while I can.

Assuming, then, that scum would not request extensions willingly (completely ignoring any WIFOM), the only remaining suspects are Myself, Org, Laetificius, and Apostolic. I'll try to clear myself by pointing out that scum would not want to include themselves in a narrowed group, especially new scum. Whether or not that works, whatever.

I'll think about interrogation... later. ._.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 06, 2009, 12:50:53 am »

Let me serve up a more interesting question, that one's boring.

Who, if scum now, would you think would pose the most danger to the town, and why? En List please. The voting table should serve as a reasonable !alive.

Excellent, an interesting question.  It actually depends most on the composition of the town... but let's say we're working with this composition.

Vector - I'm probably at the top of this list.  I have more experience than the rest of you, and I have a lot of experience playing scum.  I'm also good at picking kills and maximizing town arguments.

CobaltKobold - You know the tells, which none of the rest of us seem to (I certainly don't).  That knowledge imbalance constitutes a serious danger.  You're also quite smart.  You'll surpass me on this list pretty soon, but you're even higher-strung than I am--which is saying something.

Apostolic Nihilist - I can't read him, and he seems fairly smart.  I think that with enough pressure I'd be able to get him to crack, but I think that for a lot of the newbies in this game he'd be dangerous scum.

Laetificus - I'm just guessing in placing him here.  I don't really know much about him, but he seems like he'd be a tough opponent to face until the end of D2 or so, which is around where the town would be able to take him down.  Don't ask how I know that.

Org - I can't read him at all, and he lurks all the time.  He's the sort of person I pray isn't scum, sort of like Webadict.  A useless Webadict.

SirBayer - If he were active scum, I'd probably be able to see him coming from a mile away.  As it is, he's not talking much, active-lurking, whatever.  Hoping he's not another silent and furious from around the bend.

Tehstefan - I think he could probably pull something off, though I don't know about it.  He's another person I'd expect to get caught around D2 or so by the medium-experience folks.

RedWarrior0 - Seems entirely legible, especially since he isn't lurking now.  Probably the least dangerous out of all of us.

This'll be interesting to hear.

Just a comment here - as I'm new, I'm going to assume I shouldn't feel bad about having little to no knowledge of these people's history. I don't know how they play. I suspect it's a disadvantage for me, but I'm just trying to do what I can while I can.

Assuming, then, that scum would not request extensions willingly (completely ignoring any WIFOM), the only remaining suspects are Myself, Org, Laetificius, and Apostolic. I'll try to clear myself by pointing out that scum would not want to include themselves in a narrowed group, especially new scum. Whether or not that works, whatever.

... What are you, a moron-cupcake?  You make too many assumptions, and you should stop with the emotional appeals.  Are you going to play, or not?  If you're town, it's your job to ask questions and find out who's scum.  If you're scum, continue playing as you are.

A question for you: why aren't you following up your suspicions on Org?  It looks like you're attacking him just so it looks like you've attacked someone.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 06, 2009, 03:47:37 am »

(@sirbayer) But they do like those groupings when they aren't in it. They LOVE those groupings, as it means the focus is off them, for whate'er reason (or e'en a lack of one).

...Okay, so you're saying that you're including yourself in this group right next to "ignoring any wifom" and "scum don't want to do this". And saying "Hey that makes me clear ok". This smells like WIFOM to me. Putting off asking questions appears also mildly scummy,  is potentially excusable by time constraints, really only icing on the cake.

PPE: Oops, left this tab floating rather than posting. Prior text was written bout when SirBayer posted.
Quote from: Vector
It actually depends most on the composition of the town... but let's say we're working with this composition.
What do you mean composition? I see no referent for "this composition".
Vector[...]I'm also good at picking kills and maximizing town arguments.
Good, we could use som- oh, wait, setup's too simple for a vigilante. Don't think we want you maximizing town arguments either.
CobaltKobold[...] you're even higher-strung than I am

Laetificus [...]Don't ask how I know that.
How do you know that? It's not very town to hold back your information. The mafia have an information lead to the start. The town need to close that gap to win by anything other than luck.
SirBayer If he were active scum, I'd probably be able to see him coming from a mile away.   [...]Hoping he's not another silent and furious from around the bend.
"silent and furious from around the bend"? Please explain what that is supposed to signify. Also, if his IRC mafiosoing is any indicator, he had me fooled into thinking he was an active town. I would not discount him so easily, though he did seem to be easily confused.
AN: I don't know his meta either, so I agree.
Tehstefan: sorry, got nothin'. So, middle of the pack.
Org: lurky, yes. But historically lurky, so it's harder to say "that's mafia lurk". Flip side, his townself seems to be posting a lot more, so this may point him out. Pointed out the easy lynch of Martyr Syndrome rather too enthusiastically for my taste.
A question for you: why aren't you following up your suspicions on Org?
I assume by quote placement that this is for SirBayer.
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 06, 2009, 04:31:00 am »

In which Vector needs to learn how to speak normally: Part the 296748th.

It actually depends most on the composition of the town... but let's say we're working with this composition.

What do you mean composition? I see no referent for "this composition".

Composition: the players in the game, with their particular amounts of Lurkiness, Perception, Intellect, etc.  Essentially, the atmosphere in which we are playing.  I'm saying "these players, in this system," rather than "these players, in an arbitrary system."  I consider the distinction important, though you may not.

Vector[...]I'm also good at picking kills and maximizing town arguments

Good, we could use som- oh, wait, setup's too simple for a vigilante. Don't think we want you maximizing town arguments either.

Indeed.  That would be I'm not picking any fights with people I don't think are scum/stupid town.

Laetificus [...]Don't ask how I know that.

How do you know that? It's not very town to hold back your information. The mafia have an information lead to the start. The town need to close that gap to win by anything other than luck.

I frequently say "don't ask how I know that/why I think that" when it comes down to "my brain put together information for me, but the process doesn't lend itself well to words/conventional logic."  I'll try anyway.  Laetificus is serious, and likely full of himself.  He has a way with words.  However, it's only his first game.  If he's scum, he'll get through D1 easy, when the town is trying to get information and having a rabid lynch-fest.  D2, town is scared.  Town wants blood.  Town is going to pressure, since it knows it's one away from Lylo.

When the pressure comes up, he'll try to stand cool, but I think he'll slip.  This is because the ones who are serious and wordy frequently aren't that calm.  They're jittery and prone to panic, though some hide that better than others.  Eventually they become inured... but D2, when everyone is being scrutinized, is usually a pretty rough day for scum.  I think Laetificus would crumble if he were put under the spotlight.

Just a guess.

SirBayer If he were active scum, I'd probably be able to see him coming from a mile away.   [...]Hoping he's not another silent and furious from around the bend.

"silent and furious from around the bend"? Please explain what that is supposed to signify. Also, if his IRC mafiosoing is any indicator, he had me fooled into thinking he was an active town. I would not discount him so easily, though he did seem to be easily confused.

Where by "silent and furious around the bend," I mean someone quiet who is aggressive when required, and suddenly shows up in your face in the endgame.  Like scum who lurk D1 and D2 under pretext of confusion and appear at Lylo, saying "Hey, everybody!  I found our scum!" and then the "scum" in question turns out to be the cop.

That sort of person.

A question for you: why aren't you following up your suspicions on Org?

I assume by quote placement that this is for SirBayer.

Yes.  That is indeed for SirBayer.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 06, 2009, 04:47:47 am »

Did I unvote you yet? unvote, your answers are as meat and drink (not wine).
Composition: the players in the game, with their particular amounts of Lurkiness, Perception, Intellect, etc.  Essentially, the atmosphere in which we are playing.  I'm saying "these players, in this system," rather than "these players, in an arbitrary system."  I consider the distinction important, though you may not.
Ah, you mean the players in this game. I did mean only them.
Quote from: vector
However, it's only his first game.  If he's scum, he'll get through D1 easy, when the town is trying to get information and having a rabid lynch-fest.  D2, town is scared.  Town wants blood.  Town is going to pressure, since it knows it's one away from Lylo.
I think I saw him on the IRC mafia,may be wrong there. Also, it IS day 2. I'm not really seeing much pressure, just single votes floating and not doing a whole lot. (Except landing on me. *swat*) At least we ha'e the weekend now.

So...org is, apparently, dodging questions in what feels to me like habit ([questions for org] [time passes] "Hey org you ha'en't answered my questions" Org: "What questions? Point me at them."

C'mon out, Org. I'll e'en put it in neon lights.
Hey, Org, may I ask you a serious question here?

What kind of reads are you getting of people, if any, and why do you feel that way?
And from me... If you (org) were scum, what information (aside from that you're scum) would you feel would be most dangerous to you? Why?
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28