Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 4: End - Winter Wonderland  (Read 53003 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 4: Day 1 A look to the past.
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2009, 04:38:31 pm »

Yes, I can join in too:

Toony Tunnel: A term exclusive to here named after ToonyMan. 

Basically: you randomly vote for someone, but you stick to them, pushing and accusing them, never stopping until the person completely breaks.  Once broken, they will show as Town or Scum.

As for RVS, to me, it serves as a means of 'casual' communication.  You see, none of you realize it but you are silently dropping hints about the role that I just gave you.  Your posts will reflect these hints.  If I were to give you a different role, you would NOT write just as you all are now. 

It's easier to cover it when you are actively working by a script, looking over just what you will say, to who, and 'why'.  Items like the RVS are used to allow for some unscripted communication.  Without that script, a person will better show their true colors.

Think of RVS, and really all of Day 1, as attempting to pull people out of their shell and to make them 'break out of character'.  If you think you can do it without RVS then go ahead so long as you do it. 

Will it means you'll find scum Day 1?  Usually not.  However, once you break the mafia's shell they'll leave clues.  Those clues will be what you'll use to find them later on. 

Do NOT take Day 1 lightly.  The nightkill is truly only useful so long as you already have information from Day 1. 

In fact, I can claim this: if you as a town do not break down the mafia's 'act' (whether you know you've done it or not) this day, you will probably fail to find them in the following days.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2009, 04:46:29 pm »

Bleh, the only reason people call it Toony Tunny is because it's catchy.
Toony Tunnel.  Toony Tunnel.  Toony Tunnel.  Heh.
Anyway, I hope this game is of the good.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2009, 05:29:25 pm »

Yes, he's right. Most people will differ when they are a Cop, a Doctor, a Mafioso, or a Townie. Perhaps others hide it better, but you do leave clues. These clues can differ from person to person, but you're all looking for them.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2009, 06:25:17 pm »

We...actually have a Martyr Syndrome? Well.
SirBayer, that's not entirely correct. I know, because I've been called out for having that opinion.
Apostolic Nihilist, why do you sound like Apostatic Nihilist?
Why are you a member of the MafiaHomeowner's Association?
Nice weather we're having, isn't it?

Town is totally gonna win.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2009, 06:48:29 pm »

Panda, I have seen you use that strategy, so let's do that!

Forced-question! Anyone who doesn't answer is FoS'ed. Who would be your favorite scum partner?

My personal favorite would be Pandarsenic, and it's fairly simple to see why. He's a pretty darned good player, and so when he inevitably busses me, I don't feel like he did it retardedly! (This has actually happened - I played a few games on the IRC set-up and once he and I were scum. I was bussed, but we won in the end.) Also you frequently win.

Yeah.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2009, 06:53:34 pm »

I'd have to go with Pandar, too. I mean, he's scum IC for a reason.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2009, 07:14:56 pm »

For me, my ideal scum partner would be Webadict. I've seen what he can do, he's absolutely amazing. Of course, Pandarsenic is too, but I've not personally experienced how amazing he is at tearing a town apart at the seams.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Laetificus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2009, 07:37:16 pm »

Laetificus, what's your opinion on the current state of things? I'm curious to hear what you plan on doing this turn.

This RSV is unfolding as it should. (Though excuse my nub-appeal when I ask, what does FoS refer to?) The plan here is to critically analyze the personas that people adopt versus what role they actually achieve, hoping to find some sort of distortion, be it intentional or not, across the different roles. Eh, at least I think.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2009, 07:56:30 pm »

FoS is Finger of Suspicion. Just picture a guy pointing at someone else with his finger. And roaring "I SUSPECT YOUUUUUUUUU" while standing with one leg on the table and your hair and trench coat waving behind you, with all the little action lines firing out of your body in oddly perpendicular directions.

That's the FoS.

Answer the question, Laetificus!
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2009, 08:29:57 pm »

Org mind coming in here and talking to us?

And yes, RVS is very useful, if for no other reason than you can read people. If people seem to change how they work from the RVS to current, they are likely trying to hide something they let slip, or at least thats what I've gathered.
FAIL

I will not be on til late tommorrow. Tourney

So, tehstefan, who would your favorite scum buddies be and why?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2009, 08:38:09 pm »

Org mind coming in here and talking to us?

And yes, RVS is very useful, if for no other reason than you can read people. If people seem to change how they work from the RVS to current, they are likely trying to hide something they let slip, or at least thats what I've gathered.
FAIL

I will not be on til late tommorrow. Tourney

*CoughOMGUScoughcough*

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2009, 08:51:24 pm »

For me, my ideal scum partner would be Webadict. I've seen what he can do, he's absolutely amazing. Of course, Pandarsenic is too, but I've not personally experienced how amazing he is at tearing a town apart at the seams.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2009, 08:53:40 pm »

Look at Toony's quote in Pandar's sig. Good enough?

Anyways, UNVOTE.

CobaltKobold, what role would you prefer to have the most (as town) and why?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2009, 10:04:57 pm »

SCUM-BRO IS ALWAYS SCUM-BRO.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2009, 10:43:23 pm »

Forced-question! Anyone who doesn't answer is FoS'ed. Who would be your favorite scum partner?
Wouldn't it be better to limit answers to those from this game?

I think it'd be pandarsenic though, as I haven't got too good a bead on his tells yet, so I'm betting others wouldn't either.
CobaltKobold, what role would you prefer to have the most (as town) and why?
I'll give some bonus answers. As town, cop. Basically, investigative results are useful almost no matter where you point them, unlike a protect.

As a player, bus driver or mimic, because it's just too much fun to throw wrenches into works.

As mafia, probably rolecop- see answer for town cop. It'd tell who to go after or not as priority.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28