Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 4: End - Winter Wonderland  (Read 52975 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 4: Starting up! (accepting Spectators and Subs)
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2009, 08:59:12 am »

Waiting on 4 people.

Also, it would be appreciated if a few people could sign up who will be willing to Sub if one of the other players need to be replaced.  You can be of any skill-level to Sub, not just a beginner.

Also accepting Spectators, in both Non-spoiler and Spoiler seating.  Note that you may not post on the thread or act as a Sub if you Spectate in either form.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 4: Starting up!
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2009, 10:59:02 am »

Spoiler Spectating please.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2009, 11:18:26 am »

2 people remaining. 

Just note: even after the game begins, I will accept Subs/Spectators.

I KNEW IT!

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2009, 12:56:45 pm »

I vote Pandadict.

I can do that, right?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2009, 01:07:18 pm »

Webadict: CoboldKobold
Pandarsenic: Webadict
Pandadict (interpreted as both Web and Pandar): SirBayer

Webadict, Extreme Supersaint Town IC, and Pandarsenic, Extreme Supersaint Mafia IC, have been lynched.

The effect takes hold!
Org, beginner, has been lynched
Apostolic Nihilist, beginner, has been lynched
Martyr Syndrome, beginner, has been lynched
tehstefan, beginner, has been lynched
CobaltKobold, beginner, has been lynched
SirBayer, beginner, has been lynched
Laetificus, beginner, has been lynched
Vector, beginner, has been lynched
RedWarrior0, beginner, has been lynched
Dakarian, Host, has been lynched.

Dakarian has come back to life.

The Host wins!

I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 4: Day 1 A look to the past.
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2009, 01:23:03 pm »

The game has begun.  It is now Day 1.

Surviving players:
Org
Apostolic Nihilist
Martyr Syndrome
tehstefan
CobaltKobold
SirBayer
Laetificus
Vector
RedWarrior0

Deadline, Tuesday, 3rd November 11am EST.

Snow.

Snow fills the serene rocky landscape.  Beautiful and white, it casts a peaceful awe over a small log cabin.  To Sargent Dakarian, however, the portrait seemed more of nature wearing white to a funeral, complete with a large, wooden coffin.

It had been several, painful days since the report came in: several vacationers trapped in a snow covered cabin with little food, no electricity, and only intermittent contact with the owner, Webadict.   

Although the owner didn't know everything that happened, what he did hear spurred the rescue crews into a panic.  Madness, death, betrayal, and two murderers willing to do anything.  The crews worked as hard as they could but, by then, the insanity had passed.  Now all that was left, now that they reached what remained of the vacationers was to gather the pieces and find out what happened.

With that, Dakarian opened the door and started his investigation.  The scene was messy but, between what was told to him and what he found, he was able to get a sense of what had happened. 

Everything started once they discovered that they were snowed in.  They all gathered together in the living room when...

I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2009, 01:48:06 pm »

A bear attacked, mauling Webadict mercilessly.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2009, 01:53:26 pm »

Martyr Syndrome, why do you have to die for so many causes?

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2009, 02:19:53 pm »

Well then, clean slate right now. Random voting time, so I'm going to pick a random person using random.org!

The result is ironically RedWarrior0. I really don't know too much about what you do during random voting phase, other than random voting, so it seems like we have to wait for someone to die and to see night actions before we start scumhunting. I could be wrong here, though.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2009, 02:22:26 pm »

SirBayer, that's not entirely correct. I know, because I've been called out for having that opinion.
RVS can be one of the town's greatest advantages, and it can really help to expose scum early on.
Applying a liberal amount of pressure over a controlled area can cause wondrous things to happen -- people crack easier than you might think.

Martyr Syndrome

• Bay Watcher
  • Sincere Observer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2009, 02:30:21 pm »

Laetificus, what's your opinion on the current state of things? I'm curious to hear what you plan on doing this turn.
GENERATION 25:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2009, 02:48:24 pm »

SirBayer, that's not entirely correct. I know, because I've been called out for having that opinion.
RVS can be one of the town's greatest advantages, and it can really help to expose scum early on.
Applying a liberal amount of pressure over a controlled area can cause wondrous things to happen -- people crack easier than you might think.

I don't entirely understand how. I am a beginner, though. Perhaps Webadict would be so kind as to explain...? Or you.
Rules are for suckers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2009, 03:07:14 pm »

I don't entirely understand how. I am a beginner, though. Perhaps Webadict would be so kind as to explain...? Or you.
Basically, to some effect, the RVS sets up completely unreasonable votes for absolutely any reason. These votes have different effects on others. There are even specific strategies to the RVS, like the Toony Tunnel, which I have YET to see miss, by the way.

Your goal is to get the other person to react. Various reactions are scummy and some are townie. Overreactions are scummy for beginner players. Overexplanatory is scummy. Various things can be scummy.

A good place to learn some scumtells is the Mafiawiki.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2009, 03:27:18 pm »

Webadict, Toony Tunnel has missed - the Beginner Mafia where he and I were both ICs. If the Toony Tunnel misses, it's very easy for it to be encouraged by scum. It's just that its successes are so spectacular and hilarious that you can't help but remember them.

The way I see the RVS is more like this: the principle of Mafia is uninformed majority vs. informed minority; thus, the way to even out the playing field (by which I mean for the town to seize the advantage) is for the majority to GATHER information. The Mafia's goal is to make sure as much of this information as possible is meaningless, though of course that's difficult. The best way is to ask irrelevant questions. I prefer, as town, to ask questions that force the scum to say things they don't want to, though this will often lead to them trying to WIFOM you.

I'm going to teach the town my favorite two questions.
1) Who would be your favorite scum partner?
2) Who would be the scum team you would least like to fight against?

Of course, they should be forced to answer why for both of those.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2009, 04:00:47 pm »

Org mind coming in here and talking to us?

And yes, RVS is very useful, if for no other reason than you can read people. If people seem to change how they work from the RVS to current, they are likely trying to hide something they let slip, or at least thats what I've gathered.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28