Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 4: End - Winter Wonderland  (Read 52903 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 4: Day 1 A look to the past.
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2009, 07:52:34 pm »

I was joking ;p
Votecount, bitte?
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2009, 07:53:29 pm »

Hey, Org, may I ask you a serious question here?

What kind of reads are you getting of people, if any, and why do you feel that way?

That goes for you too Mayter Syndrome, I feel that hearing some thoughts from you would be good.

Right now, I'll tell my own thoughts on people.

Both ColbaltKobold and Vector seem to be doing a pretty good job of asking hard questions, and pressing them, so they strike me as town. Colbalt does have a strike against him for the slip up, however, which does warrant more attention. Vectors leaning town for me, while Cobalt is, but not quite as much anymore.

Redwarrior gets points for catching the slip up, which is rather good, but I haven't heard enough from him to form a solid opinion. Right now, he's leaning mildly town.

Org is rather quiet, but that seems to be his style. I'm leaning null on him, but only for now. I don't like how quiet he's being.

Laetificus falls under this as well, he's not said much at all, but has answered questions at least, so null him.

As for the question, I feel Vector could be a danger, He seems like the type that could fool quite a few people if he wanted. Org could be dangerous, just laying back and avoiding any attention. Those are two of my prime picks for most dangerous scum.

I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2009, 08:21:47 pm »

Current Vote Count:

RedWarrior0[1]:SirBayer
Laetificus[1]:Martyr Syndrome
Org[2]:tehstefan, Apostolic Nihilist
SirBayer[1]:Laetificus
Martyr Syndrome[2]: Vector, CobaltKobold
CobaltKobold[1]: RedWarior0

Not Voting:Org

Deadline: Tuesday, 2nd, 11am EST

Requests to extend will be accepted at this time.  3 requests with no objections will be required to extend a full day.  Custom extensions can be made as well with varying requirements.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2009, 08:36:29 pm »

And it is so delightful to watch people flounder in it, at least it would be if I were Mafia. Why do I not get to be mafia.
Why are you a member of the MafiaHomeowner's Association?
Nice weather we're having, isn't it?
I can't say that I'm a member of the MafiaHomeowner's Association either.
This seems to me to be a similar, but more egregious slip-up. It seems to me in many cases(not just mafia) that, when faced with an accusation, a guilty party will say "you cannot prove that" more often whereas an innocent is more likely to say "No, I did/am not."

Twisting words is something scum does. Seems to me as if you're trying to deflect the suspicion that's built up around you, off to me.
There's a difference between mine and your statements, however. You suggest that neither town nor scum are asking their ICs questions -- how could you possibly know this unless you were scum? Of course, you did clear this up a few posts later though, so it's mostly a moot point.
My original sentence wasn't at all grammatically ambiguous, unlike yours. While my claim consisted of a soft negative, yours belied knowledge you shouldn't have.

I'd love to hear an answer from Org sometime soon, but since tehstefan seems to be a bit more active:
What do you think of Martyr Syndrome's... claim?

I suppose it isn't fair to ask questions without providing some answers, though.

I think Martyr is exceptionally bold scum. He's tossing around WIFOM and confusing us all, and furthermore he's taking a refuge in audacity. "No scum would possibly do that!"

Laetificus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2009, 09:21:36 pm »

This RSV is unfolding as it should. (Though excuse my nub-appeal when I ask, what does FoS refer to?) The plan here is to critically analyze the personas that people adopt versus what role they actually achieve, hoping to find some sort of distortion, be it intentional or not, across the different roles. Eh, at least I think.
Sounds about right to me. My vote goes unchanged, though. Nothing personal.

Aye, I guess we'll have to see that tehstefan's answer, but Martyr Syndrome is being unbelievably conniving. Initially voting for a rather anonymous character, and almost dodging the question here, by not providing anything contributive, in fact, only copying what I said.

Oh, also, the whole blatantly obvious "I'm mafia" thing is either an unsuccessful attempt of humor, an attempt to derail the actual town train of thought, or a strange choice of WIFOM. I mean, either he's mafia, at which point this WIFOM completely lost it's purpose, or he's town, where the mafia will likely keep him alive, if only to hinder the rest of the town's ability to think straight. Either way, he's sounding like a liability.

Unvote. Martyr Syndrome.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2009, 09:23:06 pm »

This RSV is unfolding as it should. (Though excuse my nub-appeal when I ask, what does FoS refer to?) The plan here is to critically analyze the personas that people adopt versus what role they actually achieve, hoping to find some sort of distortion, be it intentional or not, across the different roles. Eh, at least I think.
Sounds about right to me. My vote goes unchanged, though. Nothing personal.

Aye, I guess we'll have to see that tehstefan's answer, but Martyr Syndrome is being unbelievably conniving. Initially voting for a rather anonymous character, and almost dodging the question here, by not providing anything contributive, in fact, only copying what I said.

Oh, also, the whole blatantly obvious "I'm mafia" thing is either an unsuccessful attempt of humor, an attempt to derail the actual town train of thought, or a strange choice of WIFOM. I mean, either he's mafia, at which point this WIFOM completely lost it's purpose, or he's town, where the mafia will likely keep him alive, if only to hinder the rest of the town's ability to think straight. Either way, he's sounding like a liability.

Unvote. Martyr Syndrome.
The joke of saying "I'm mafia" has a higher chance of coming from mafia than anyone else. I remember a Paranormal game where Alexhans said he was a Dopp. And he was!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2009, 10:56:47 pm »

Blargh.  Extension.  We can't lynch with so few votes, and a no-lynch on the first day would be kind of sad.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2009, 11:43:10 pm »

uh, all but Org are voting, vector. What're you talking about?
though org could oddly save MS with a selfvote
MS:3 Org:2 RW,CK,Laet:1 apiece
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2009, 11:48:43 pm »

I don't see any need for an extension. Unvote.
Martyr Syndrome is as scummy as they come.
Town has no valid reason whatsoever for spreading WIFOM.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2009, 11:50:48 pm »

uh, all but Org are voting, vector. What're you talking about?
though org could oddly save MS with a selfvote
MS:3 Org:2 RW,CK,Laet:1 apiece

Ah, I mean "there's not enough votes on any one person to lynch, and I don't want to end the day with a no-lynch."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2009, 12:01:21 am »

1. game has no hammers
2. lynch still operates on plurality rather than majority req. here-
Upon deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched.  If there is a tie, there will be no lynch.

Oh, and now it's 4,1,1,1,1.
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2009, 12:05:58 am »

Damn, I didn't check that.  Never mind, then.  I really need to get better about examining the rules.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2009, 12:40:57 am »

Hmm. Yeah, I must say, I find it scummy enough to lynch at the moment. Not only is it a foolish day one claim, this is a newbie game, so it could be a newb scum trying to figure out what to do. Besides, we shouldn't allow anyone to WIFOM the town.

Still, I'd like to hear from Martyer syndrome before I hammer him. I wouldn't feel right casting the hammer without him saying something, anything to defend himself.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2009, 08:27:12 am »

Current Vote Count:

RedWarrior0[1]:SirBayer
Laetificus[1]:Martyr Syndrome
Org[1]:tehstefan
Martyr Syndrome[4]: Vector, CobaltKobold, Laetificus, Apostolic Nihilist
CobaltKobold[1]: RedWarior0

Not Voting:Org

Note: Be sure to read the rules on the first page.  This game works by pure deadline, not hammer.  I DO accept requests to shorten or end day, though, once 50% of the players vote for the same person.

Deadline: Tuesday, 2nd, 11am EST

There are less then 3 hours left until the end of the day.

Objections to day extension heard: there will be no extensions.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2009, 08:37:49 am »

Damn. I missed my chance.
Played only in one mafia ever. Second round of DF mafia.
Crazy stuff. Fobos told everyone he was elf which created complete chaos, and I died shortly thereafter. I suck at mafias. So feel free to PM when the next one will start

Or I misread and the game actually goes on while waiting for new people. Dunno which one.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28