Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 4: End - Winter Wonderland  (Read 52949 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 4: Day 1 A look to the past.
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2009, 01:17:04 am »

Vector, I'm gonna play this straight. I have no idea here. I don't know many scumtells and I've barely played any games at all. My lack of experience leads me to not even have intuition, and I think it'll be much easier to guess who's scum once we've seen some roleclaiming. After that, we'll see what's going on.

... This is a game with very few power roles.  I am really hoping you're talking about flipping upon death, because if we end up outing a cop just so the scum can claim vanilla townie with the rest of the town, we're going to have a much tougher job of it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Martyr Syndrome

• Bay Watcher
  • Sincere Observer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2009, 09:34:25 am »

This RSV is unfolding as it should. (Though excuse my nub-appeal when I ask, what does FoS refer to?) The plan here is to critically analyze the personas that people adopt versus what role they actually achieve, hoping to find some sort of distortion, be it intentional or not, across the different roles. Eh, at least I think.
Sounds about right to me. My vote goes unchanged, though. Nothing personal.
GENERATION 25:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2009, 09:53:30 am »

Martyr Syndrome, why do you find Laetificus suspicious?  You yourself have stated that his story checks out.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2009, 03:45:39 pm »

We...actually have a Martyr Syndrome? Well.
SirBayer, that's not entirely correct. I know, because I've been called out for having that opinion.
Apostolic Nihilist, why do you sound like Apostatic Nihilist?
Why are you a member of the MafiaHomeowner's Association?
Nice weather we're having, isn't it?

Town is totally gonna win.
I don't see any relationship between the 'L' consonant sound and the 'T' consonant sound, but hey -- who knows?

I can't say that I'm a member of the MafiaHomeowner's Association either.

The weather here is quite wondrous, I'll admit to that. I've never been one for warm summer days, and the many auspicious autumn rains are always preferable.

My preferred scumbuddy wouldn't actually be webadict, or Pandarsenic for that matter. I'd be far too worried about screwing up their plans to actually do anything useful. I wouldn't mind being paired with a more inexperienced player, though. Laetificus seems like a decent choice.

Now, I pose a question to both Cobalt Kobold and tehstefan:
Who do you think would be the most dangerous scum players in this game?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2009, 04:05:33 pm »

I know you didn't ask me, but I'll give a generic answer: the ones you don't suspect

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2009, 04:15:26 pm »

RedWarrior0, care to actually ask people questions?  This is kind of ridiculous.  We've got the town sitting around waiting for the nightkill, doing nothing.  As Dakarian said, we've got to start unwrapping this stuff Day 1.

With that in mind, who do you suspect most, and why?

Martyr Syndrome

• Bay Watcher
  • Sincere Observer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2009, 05:01:10 pm »

Martyr Syndrome, why do you find Laetificus suspicious?  You yourself have stated that his story checks out.
Why, because I'm mafia of course.
GENERATION 25:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2009, 05:07:16 pm »

[/quot

....What?

Martyr Syndrome

• Bay Watcher
  • Sincere Observer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2009, 05:10:09 pm »

;)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2009, 05:44:20 pm »

Would you mind cutting the crap, playing the game, and actually being helpful... Mr. Scumbucket?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2009, 05:54:57 pm »

RedWarrior0, care to actually ask people questions?  This is kind of ridiculous.  We've got the town sitting around waiting for the nightkill, doing nothing.  As Dakarian said, we've got to start unwrapping this stuff Day 1.

With that in mind, who do you suspect most, and why?
Well, Martyr Syndrome just practically asked to be lynched. Org was just very... spammy in rubbing it in, but I suppose he could be unhelpful townie (probable). Martyr, why did you just ask to be lynched?

@mod: Can we have Org just break the Great Rule to make his post less page-extending?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2009, 06:00:52 pm »

unvote Talking to Martyr Syndrome there Vector?

Martyr Syndrome: Why do you claim to be mafia?

Org has a point. Town has no reason to claim to be mafia (jester excepted). Mafia has no immediate reason to claim mafia, but claiming mafia will confuse the town, furthering their goals.
Laetificus seems like a decent choice.
Why?

Now, I pose a question to both Cobalt Kobold and tehstefan:
Org is infamous for lying low. Doing it more generally will not cause remark, but he's likely to get lynched for it.
SirBayer seems like he'd be good at buddying.
Vector can act very analytically but I feel uncertain about the likelihood of him acting with verisimilitude.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2009, 06:04:57 pm »

Town has no reason to claim to be mafia (jester excepted).
Except that jester is a) third party and b) not in this.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2009, 06:05:19 pm »

Laetificus seems like a decent choice.
Why?
Well, simply because he seems to be somewhat experienced and furthermore is new to the forums.
People who use meta a lot would have a more difficult time analyzing him.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2009, 06:10:13 pm »

Yeah, jester isn't in this. I thought they were pulled from Town ranks though, and was including it for completeness. On a third note, Martyr Syndrome sounds like he ought to be a jester.

Though there is a godfather in this game, Pandarsenic. :P

Web, would you care to weigh in on the wine MostlyScum has placed in front of us?
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28