Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding in plants.  (Read 685 times)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Modding in plants.
« on: October 19, 2009, 03:09:58 am »

Hi!  I've recently added several plants to my mod, and for some reason only a few of them are appearing in the embark options.  The others appear to be present, but without names - only black spaces.

The entire file is here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Only the sandworms, thukka berries, spiny growths and thorny graspers show up properly.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Also known as Zuhayr.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Modding in plants.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 03:49:19 am »

Whoops, I figured it out; I had duplicate entries in another matgloss file.  Sorry!
Also known as Zuhayr.

durt101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 05:57:22 pm »

Whoops, I figured it out; I had duplicate entries in another matgloss file.  Sorry!

You seem like a pretty cool modder.
I was looking at editing Boksi's plant mod for ideas for modding plants, but I think your stuff would fit me better. Can you PM me with whatever edits you've made? Including other specifications? Like creatures and stone etc.? Thanks ;D

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 08:48:04 pm »

You seem like a pretty cool modder.
I was looking at editing Boksi's plant mod for ideas for modding plants, but I think your stuff would fit me better. Can you PM me with whatever edits you've made? Including other specifications? Like creatures and stone etc.? Thanks ;D

I'm flattered!  My mod is nowhere near finished yet, though - I've only added the playable races, some items and some plants, I still have to add creatures, machines, megabeasts, tweak the reactions to make them balanced, not to mention graphics etc.  Once all of that is finished, I'm planning on making the raws available here.  If you like, though, you can grab my work-in-progress files from here.  Let me know what you think!
Also known as Zuhayr.

durt101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 08:32:11 pm »

I'm flattered!  My mod is nowhere near finished yet, though - I've only added the playable races, some items and some plants, I still have to add creatures, machines, megabeasts, tweak the reactions to make them balanced, not to mention graphics etc.  Once all of that is finished, I'm planning on making the raws available here.  If you like, though, you can grab my work-in-progress files from here.  Let me know what you think!

Woo! thanks man!