Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d16]Linux, Dwarf Fortress centers at topleft of screen  (Read 1330 times)

MP2E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d16]Linux, Dwarf Fortress centers at topleft of screen
« on: October 18, 2009, 07:08:30 pm »

Basically whenever I play dwarf fortress this occurs :

As you can see, DF seems to like to stick itself at the top left of the screen. This happens with the default config, and when I set blank space to no it does the same thing.

I'm running Arch Linux x64, but I'm running a multi-lib system so I'm running the 32-bit executable of df(seeing as that's the only one available...) with the nvidia drivers.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d16]Linux, Dwarf Fortress centers at topleft of screen
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 07:17:29 pm »

Does that happen when you aren't in the game menus? All of the menus are fixed-size, but the actual game should expand to fill available space.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 07:53:18 pm »

Does that happen when you aren't in the game menus? All of the menus are fixed-size, but the actual game should expand to fill available space.

Most of the menus are, anyway.  And yeah, if it's just menus, that's normal.  Toady hasn't reworked a lot of the menus yet.

MP2E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 09:06:02 pm »

Most of the menus are, anyway.  And yeah, if it's just menus, that's normal.  Toady hasn't reworked a lot of the menus yet.
Ah, it IS just the menus. I'm sorry guys, I just started up the program and saw it, and I thought "oh... that isn't good" and immediately posted it here.