Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47

Author Topic: The bay12 resort, an RP topic.  (Read 32226 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
The bay12 resort, an RP topic.
« on: October 18, 2009, 06:24:17 am »

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Deep in the crowded city of Bay12, among the various buildings and hi rises a brand new resort is having it's grand opening. Though it's quite possibly the most modern and comforting one of it's kind in the city the lobby and various rooms and recreational activity's are strangely empty...

In the large lobby, behind the reception counter is a young girl who looks about 13 or so on the intercom. Talking with the Resorts Manager, in the center of the lobby is a parklike area, with benches and small pools of running water with some strange broad leaved flowers growing that appear to be made of gold. Nearly taunting all laws of nature by the impossibility of such a plant existing.

From the intercom the manager's voice blares, obviously extremely annoyed.

"Crimson you DID remember to send out the invites right? You know how important that was and here it looks like you fucked it up!"

Crimson as the Manager called her shakily pushes the intercom button to speak.

"Yes! I remembered mistress! I sent them nearly a week ago like you said! They should be here soon... I-I think..."
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: The bay12 resort, an RP topic.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 06:32:27 am »

Meanwhile, Tack is out in the wastelands. Crouching down, he tugs off his helmet, to reveal a man, not unhandsome, of about twenty-five. Reaching out a gloved hand, he picks up another handful of sand and shovels it into his mouth. The pain at first was unbearable, but time had given him a stomach of steel, literally. Turning, he looks again at the floating mailbox, with it's incessant "beep; beep; beep". Giving a mumbled "Shut up already", He turns and begins walking again, only to stop, as the mailbox starts following him. With a sigh of resignation, he walks back to the mailbox and pulls out the letter, dropping it to the ground, as the mailbox - task finished- turns and flies away. Looking down at the letter, he picks it up, seeing the name on the front. After a cursory read, Tack is soon alongside the mailbox, hitching a ride back to wherever it would seem to be returning to.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 04:44:24 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 06:49:24 am »

A man, 6ft tall, dressed in Purple robes with golden trim, a large purple and gold clock trailing behind him walks into the resort. A large hat on his head, again purple with gold trim, with a large, wide brim, sitting low on his head tips slightly forward, he pushes it back up. A large white with purple trim feather sticks from the hat. His left hand covered in golden rings and jewels, from his neck hangs a simple wooden necklace that hangs hidden into his clothes. On his right hand are golden bangles at his wrists and he's holding onto a walking stick, a golden walking stick that ends in a fist hangs from his hand.

"Hey guys."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 06:55:15 am »

Crimson stares in disbelief at the gaudy purple and gold figure that has just entered the resort, she presses the button on the intercom to call Managment while keeping her eyes on him.

"M-mistress... Did we send any invitations to any uhh... Whatever that is by the door?"

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 07:04:31 am »

A 1.5ft tall cuddly wolf toy enters, wearing a giant purple hat with a gold badge on it. I looks around, then climbs onto the desk.

'Er... Hi. I got this invite.'

'Can I ask why?'
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 07:11:00 am »

Crimson looks around at the slowly becoming more odd scene, she KNOWS she only sent two invites out yet it seems that more people than was planned for seem to have got them.

"Well uhh... Welcome to Sofia's resort! I uhh... Guess some e-extra guests to try the place out is a good thing..."

She quickly eyes the intercom wondering if this is Sofia's strange way of punishing her...

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 07:12:13 am »

With an explosion of phantasmal fire, a four-foot tall red-skinned humanoid with goat horns and cloven hooves bursts into existence in the middle of the reception area, a deep echoing voice booming out that seems to bypass the ears entirely and act directly upon the brain as it punches its arm up into the air and adopts a wide, angry stance.

I! HAVE! ARRIVED!*

The figure lets out a furious roar that sounds substantially more threatening than he actually appears to be, with a grin that reveals far more teeth than have any right to fit into such a small creature he surveys his domain and the creatures who will serve him.
The maniacal grin rapidly fades to one of puzzlement, and then becomes a frown of concern as his arms flop down by his sides and he does a massive double-take, resurvaying the room that is most decidedly not his domain.

What the hell?!? This isn't the Maw of Terror, where in the darkest name of the blackest abyss am i?

Turning, he spies Crimson and homes in on her somewhat uncertain and wavering aura of 'in-chargeness'. With a shout of victory he hops towards her, pointing a finger in such an angry way that it almost looks like a loaded weapon.

You! This is your fault! Isn't it!?

*It should be noted at this point that it takes a truely depraved mind to inflict such horrors upon the common exclaimation mark, and an insane one to actually pronounce them. One must wonder about the state of this poor being's mind.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 07:14:19 am »

A loud thump sounds from the roof, followed by the sound of metal hitting the ground. In walks Tack, carrying a mailbox. Surveying the scene and looking AWESOME, he takes off his helmet, before walking up to the counter, pushing aside the accusing finger on the way. "Hello there, Crimson. Would you happen to know where Sofia is?"
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 07:16:08 am »

If I were to ask you what you'd think the birthplace of true artifical life would be, you'd probably come up with some frankenstienien hammer-horror mad mad scientist cliche. Well, the truth was rather different. It was a great gleaming structure of polished metal and thick, gleaming glass built upon some rock far, far away from any settled planet. The only other feature of note on this rock was a stargate, inactive, and with the only keyholder inside the shining fortress.

Speaking of which, the martian formerly known as the Newer Martian Emperor was sitting in what was functionally a giant terranium. Here he sat, with all the strange metal life- made so they classify as living by the biological definition and pondered the great mysteries of the universe. At the moment he was wondering why nothing ever attacked him. There were a great many predators making up the ecosystems, but they never attacked him, even if he purposely programmed them to be vicious bastards.

He was coming to the conlusion that this was because of what he had termed his Great Godhood Plan. Which involved creating this ecosystem internconnected with a great network, further linked to a computer that was linked to him and contained his memory, personality, and as a side-effect, soul. This was originally created to clone him. He was about to figure this out fully, when he got a message from his houses' automated computer, telling him that there was a message for him in his mailbox.

He was already spacesuited and halfway out the airlock when it occured to him that he didn't have a mailbox.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 07:17:07 am »

Crimson shrieks and grabs the intercom as she ducks behind the desk, before hitting the send button and screaming into it!

"H-HORNED DEMON THINGS!? MISTRESS WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!"

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 07:19:45 am »

...But there it was. A mailbox, just sitting there on the dusty ground. He reached inside and discovered an invite from none other then Sofia. Within minutes, he was already standing in front of the earthside portion of his stargate.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 07:21:29 am »

Demon things? DEMON THINGS!?

The creature's mouth begins frothing slightly at this percieved slight as it begins dancing an angry dance; thrusting arms and legs out in wild abandon while bouncing around the room. It almost looks as if it is throwing a normal sized tantrum compacted down into four feet of angry red Demon... thing...

(OOC: Sleep tiem now, angry red demon thing will have to tantrum all over the room until i wake up tomorrow :D)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 07:22:24 am »

Tack pauses in thought, before leaning over the counter. "It hasn't been that long, girl. You'd best be remembering me." Taking a glance around behind him, he sees the vast amount of random characters, before looking down at the angry red demon... thing... "It seems you've gotten very popular. Nice place."

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 07:29:00 am »

Just as he began to step off the platform, he was met by none other then The Lich.

"Bloody hell, what are you doing here?" NME asked.
"I'm here for the opening ceremony, like you! See, I even got a invite." He answered, and showed him an invitation. NME's invitation.

The result was somewhat predictable.

"That's my invite you damned stupid bonehead!"

"Well, yeah. About that, you see..." The Lich then proceeded to give NME an introduction to his suprisingly strong fist.

When he got back up, he realized that he had stolen his right eye, which he had gained in an amusing incident involving aliens that he'd be happy to tell you about.

A few minutes later, the two burst through the front doors of Sofias' resort in a tumble, fighting over that eye.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 07:29:33 am »

Crimson looks up, seeing Tack peeking over the Desk. She stands up to speak with him as he turns to look at the demon... Thing...

"T-Tack! Well, at least I know one of the invites reached who it was su-"

Before she can finish, the intercom still clutched in her hands blares again. Suprising her and knocking her off her feet.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SCREAMING ABOUT NOW! Horns? And don't you dare start talking to me that wa-"

The intercom shorts out... Causing Crimson to sigh in frustration.

"Oh great... Now she's gonna have to tell me in person..."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47