Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 66120 times)

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Day 5: Four Left...)
« Reply #645 on: November 09, 2009, 05:32:55 pm »

Wait...

We know that one of AN and Vector are lying.  AN said he got a scum result on Vector.  Vector says he's town.  Therefore one of them must be the final scum.  The only scenarios I can think of where this won't be the case:
1. Cheeetar can redirect/ frame/ mimic/ attract AND perform an NK at the same time
2. Vector is secretly a miller
3. The machine is paranoid and webby is being a bastard

Hence why I think a Vector or AN lynch today, followed by me killing the other, would be better.  Since noone's counterclaimed the kill, I myself am basically confirmed (and if I am an SK or something then me and the mafia member will kill each other tonight).
Leafsnail, you're taking great care to defend yourself. I got a scum result on Vector -- either the inspect-o-tron is insane (I wouldn't put it past web) or Cheetar's lying and has a bussing power.
If we lynch me today, then tonight you kill Vector and Vector kills you, we're left with Cheeetar still standing. If Cheeetar has a bussing ability and is scum, town loses.

As it stands, we can choose one of us four to live, resulting in everyone else's death. 3 of these people are town, 1 is scum.
Town has pretty much won. We could choose randomly and still win, but if we take into context the rest of the game, it becomes significantly easier to choose.

As it stands, one of us has to be lying.
You are effectively cleared, unless Mr.Person used his power on himself (!?) and got a one-shot vig kill (?!)... or Shadow used his power on you, and you tried to kill someone else.

You aren't fully cleared, Leafsnail. Far from it.
You're just as suspicious as everyone else.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 09, 2009, 05:36:00 pm »

*FAULTY LOGIC*
*ERROR*
Sorry, I apologize; I jumped to a conclusion there. Leafsnail, you actually are fully cleared... probably.
I messed up the reason why you were confirmed.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 09, 2009, 05:46:40 pm »

Exactly.  Vig should've claimed if he isn't scum.  I've worked out a way that we're guarenteed at least a draw, by the way.  We lynch Cheeetar, I shoot Vector, Vector shoots you.  That's a draw if you're scum and a win if you aren't.  I dunno though, I'll look back through the thread more to see if we have our scum.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 09, 2009, 06:10:16 pm »

I don't see any problems with that reasoning. If Vector agrees, I suppose we're set.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 09, 2009, 06:35:18 pm »

Yep.  Let's do this thing.

Day Shortening.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 09, 2009, 06:37:02 pm »

Belay that... Leafsnail, please vote.  I don't think we can lynch with two.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 09, 2009, 06:48:35 pm »

But you don't have a vote, do you.  Goddammit.

Mod, can we lynch with two, or do we need 3 to end the day?

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 09, 2009, 07:00:37 pm »

Day shortening.
Whoever has the most votes gets lynched -- assuming this game works like all other deadline games.
As long as its not a tie, they die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 09, 2009, 07:05:13 pm »

.... Yup, I'm a moron.

Let's get this over with.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 09, 2009, 09:25:07 pm »

Okay, Day ends in a few minutes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 09, 2009, 09:34:48 pm »

Vote Count

Vector - Cheeetar
Cheeetar - Vector, Apostolic Nihilist

Everyone has chosen to lynch Cheeetar!

Problem is, he's too cool for you to lynch. Instead, he simply leaves the game, saying that this is now uncool.

You sure are envious of that Dave Strider...

It is now Night.

Dave Strider

As Dave Strider, it's obvious you're way too cool for mafia. And most things in general.

At Night, you choose to do something cooler, protecting you from all roles. However, it's generally uncool to do this often, so you may only do this once.

Extra: Becoming a Ninja might be a good thing...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Night 5: Walking Away Tall)
« Reply #656 on: November 10, 2009, 07:48:57 pm »

Everyone wakes up in the morning to find...

*suspense*

*more suspense*

*even more suspense*

Leafsnail and Apostolic Nihilist dead.

Leafsnail seems to have tragically broken down, what with being Suigintou. S/he was also a malicious Serial Killer.

Apostolic Nihilist, however, is a playing card. The Ace of Spades, to be precise. Of course, being an Ace automatically makes him part of the mafia.

Which leaves only Vector alive. He seems relieved, being the German Mathematician Bernhard Riemann. He looks down at his stack of papers.

"Lucky guess," he says, before throwing them away. "Who'd have thought Leafsnail was a Serial Killer?"

He pauses, to stare long and hard at the bodies that, in their squabbling, were forgotten to be buried. Then he leaves, because he's got better things to do.

Town wins.

Suigintou

So... basically an Evil Female Doll thing with wings and no abdomen from another dimension? I'm not entirely sure.

Each Night, you may choose to kill someone. However, if you kill someone, you have no vote the following Day, mostly because it's probably blatantly obvious you killed the person.

Extra: Becoming a Robot might be a bad thing...

You're also an SK

Ace of Spades

You are otherwise known as the Death Card. You rank highest among the the other Cards, even higher than the Queen of Hearts herself. It is this that makes you powerful.

Once per game, if you perform the Nightkill, you can ignore all other roles protecting the target or stopping you.

Bernhard Riemann

Being a German Mathematician, you excel at Mathematics. And German! But Mostly Mathematics.

Each Night, you can choose a player to mathematically prove yourself town.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Town Wins!)
« Reply #657 on: November 10, 2009, 08:05:06 pm »

Wait wait wait... A serial killer working with the town?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 10, 2009, 08:07:39 pm »

Good game all.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 10, 2009, 08:11:37 pm »

Leafsnail, you fool!
It was Vector you said you'd kill, not I! To pity, for we all would've ended up dead.
I sort of expected Vector to kill me, since I accused him of being scum, but I didn't expect Leafsnail to be a serial killer --
I actually thought Leafsnail was a survivor-type.
Still, this was a rather kill-tastic round. During the last night, all three remaining people had kill powers.

Anyways, my scum strategy is horrendous when all of my teammates are dead...
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47