Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 66152 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Day 5: Four Left...)
« Reply #630 on: November 09, 2009, 01:48:37 pm »

Also, I think a MC might be useful now.  As a claimed vig I'm almost certainly the most powerful right now, so more information about roles wouldn't really help the mafia.  It could help us find the final scum.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 09, 2009, 02:33:15 pm »

I'm going to claim, even though you already know my role's abilities.
I'm the Ace of Spades, a one-shot vig, capable of killing any person regardless of their protection or their role. Eager to show off my abilities, my goal is to 'kill the unkillable', which is more of a handicap than anything else. Ultimately my intentions are good, and my win condition is also tied with town. Presumably killing either Org or Toony would've accomplished my 'kill the unkillable' win condition.

Now, onto the more important matters.
Three nights ago I was given a one-shot inspecto-tron, capable of investigating any person precisely once. I investigated Vector last night and received a 'Mafia' result. Unless he was bussed or switched or his role makes him show mafia, I'd say he's guilty.

We can no-lynch if you want, but I think we've found our man.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 09, 2009, 02:44:22 pm »

Well, Apost, that story seems to pad out.  Then again, since I killed SHADOW last night, I don't have a vote.

I'd like to see what Vector and Cheeetar claim before jumping to conclusions, though.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 09, 2009, 03:27:10 pm »

I am Bertrand Riemann, a German Mathematician.

Every night, I choose someone to whom I prove that I am town.

well, I have something from Night One I don't know how to deal with at ALL, as PMs are not allowed in this game. Since I've been thinking and sitting on it for a bit, I may as well throw it out there. Someone has Amnesiac Cop power, which told me Vector was Town.

I proved to CK N1.  Because he bungled it, I chose no proof N2 and N3.  N4, because CK was dead and everyone seemed to have forgotten about CK's statements, I proved to Mr. Person.  Unfortunately, he died.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 09, 2009, 03:53:42 pm »

Wait...

You're trying to tell me that you didn't use your power role for 2 nights just because... why?  There isn't really any way for the power to backfire, unless you hit scum.  Also, CK and MP didn't look unbelievably townie at those times, did they...

Well, I suppose you could confirm yourself tonight, if that's true.  From my POV, we now have claims of:

Leafsnail - Voiceless Vig (voiceless only if I shoot, though).  Confirmed as long as Cheeetar doesn't counter-claim.
Vector - Friendly neighbour
AN - Basically one shot cop with scum result on Vector
Cheeetar - ?Some kind of coward?

However, I think we may have our solution here.  Either AN is lying about his inspection result or Vector is scum.  I propose lynching Vector and having me take out AN if the game doesn't end.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 09, 2009, 04:01:24 pm »

@Vector: That's ridiculous and doesn't explain why I got a scum reading on you.

It's entirely possible that you do in fact have this power, but it's also a fact that you came up scum to my investigation.
I'm going to assume that you're actually scum with an ability to 'prove' your innocence unless you can come up with a better explanation.

Also, I'm interested in hearing from Cheeetar. He's town, I'm sure of it -- he's the only one left who could've given me the Inspect-O-Tron, thus has to be an 'Inventor' of sorts.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 09, 2009, 04:02:37 pm »

The above plan works as long as Vector isn't a secret miller and the mafia member can't frame/ redirect/ bus at the same time as performing a kill.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 09, 2009, 04:03:12 pm »

Wait...

You're trying to tell me that you didn't use your power role for 2 nights just because... why?  There isn't really any way for the power to backfire, unless you hit scum.  Also, CK and MP didn't look unbelievably townie at those times, did they...

I thought they looked town.  Lucky for me, I was right.  On D2 and D3, I was worried about hitting scum/couldn't see the advantage to disproving the "amnesiac cop" theory.  I figured that once CK had posted it in the main thread, there was no point in trying to run the proof by more people (I forgot that they might think he was lying, unfortunately).

Well, I suppose you could confirm yourself tonight, if that's true.  From my POV, we now have claims of:

Leafsnail - Voiceless Vig (voiceless only if I shoot, though).  Confirmed as long as Cheeetar doesn't counter-claim.
Vector - Friendly neighbour
AN - Basically one shot cop with scum result on Vector
Cheeetar - ?Some kind of coward?

However, I think we may have our solution here.  Either AN is lying about his inspection result or Vector is scum.  I propose lynching Vector and having me take out AN if the game doesn't end.

Hm.  I'm not sure about that.  I'll add something to what I previously stated: last night, Mr. Person gave me his one-shot kill.  So, I can confirm myself and kill someone tonight if you don't lynch me.

On the other hand, if the scum gets the town to kill itself, then we're kind of screwed.  I'm not sure what we should do, here... probably wait around for Cheeetar to show up and claim, at the very least.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 09, 2009, 04:13:50 pm »

I skimmed through Mr.Person's roleflip and didn't realize that he was the one who gave me an inspect.
Gah!
That means Zai isn't confirmed like I thought. Unless he's a bus driver or something though, Vector is still scum.
There's a problem with your plan, Leaf. If Zai is scum, not Vector, then town loses.

So we have two people with kills + a mafia kill tonight, + a lynch.
It's possible for everyone to die tonight -- who wins then?
Town, right?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 09, 2009, 04:18:08 pm »

1. I'm a moron--I'm actually playing Bernhard Riemann, not Bertrand Riemann.  I always get his first name wrong.  Sorry about that.

I skimmed through Mr.Person's roleflip and didn't realize that he was the one who gave me an inspect.
Gah!
That means Zai isn't confirmed like I thought. Unless he's a bus driver or something though, Vector is still scum.
There's a problem with your plan, Leaf. If Zai is scum, not Vector, then town loses.

So we have two people with kills + a mafia kill tonight, + a lynch.
It's possible for everyone to die tonight -- who wins then?
Town, right?

2. Are you nuts?  HOW LITTLE are you paying attention to this game?  Zai died D1!  We're dealing with Cheeetar, here.

At this point, I say lynch Cheeetar.  I also propose a dual-kill--Leafsnail and myself kill each other in the night.  I think Apostolic Nihilist is semi-confirmed, so I'm willing to take a chance with him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 09, 2009, 04:28:28 pm »

Night 2 I tried to kill Cheeetar for lurking around, but he dodged for some reason (explain, please).

I'm guessing he bus-drove himself with Dakarian.  Of course, if he's scum, that doesn't make too much sense....

In any case, I'm going to continue to push the Cheeetar lynch and suggest a mutual kill tonight, Leafsnail.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 09, 2009, 04:34:05 pm »

Hey, Vector. I'm town. I trust Leafsnails claim. I trust ANs claim. I am Dave Strider. I'm really cool. Like, awesomely cool. One time, I can go do something cooler and be immune to everything that night. This strangely coincides with my John Egbert role in ToonyMafia. If you guys want, we can dual lynch Vector and me together.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 09, 2009, 04:35:45 pm »

Messed up the names. I meant Cheeetar, not Zai.
I'll blame fatigue rather than negligence on that one.

I don't have a problem with your suggestion -- it should work.
Assuming that Leafsnail is scum, that means you're town, and you're going to kill him. It doesn't matter who he kills, he loses.
Assuming you're scum, Leafsnail is going to kill you, so you lose no matter what.
Assuming that Zai CHEEETAR is scum, we're lynching him.
If I'm scum, then town loses.
3/4 scenarios, town wins.
Statistically, (from your point of view) we have a 75% chance of winning.
From my point of view, it's 100%; I know I'm not scum, thus it's a guaranteed win.

Unvote.
Vote Cheeetar.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 09, 2009, 04:39:25 pm »

I'm willing to go with those odds. My role was a one-shot, so I can't really help anymore.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 09, 2009, 05:09:49 pm »

Wait...

We know that one of AN and Vector are lying.  AN said he got a scum result on Vector.  Vector says he's town.  Therefore one of them must be the final scum.  The only scenarios I can think of where this won't be the case:
1. Cheeetar can redirect/ frame/ mimic/ attract AND perform an NK at the same time
2. Vector is secretly a miller
3. The machine is paranoid and webby is being a bastard

Hence why I think a Vector or AN lynch today, followed by me killing the other, would be better.  Since noone's counterclaimed the kill, I myself am basically confirmed (and if I am an SK or something then me and the mafia member will kill each other tonight).
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47