Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 66278 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Day 3: Radiation At Dawn)
« Reply #525 on: November 03, 2009, 12:31:14 am »

CobaltKobold, that doesn't mean anything. I feel very strongly AN is town.

You're welcome, AN.

Oh, and CobaltKobold, you aren't acting like how a townsperson would act in your situation. You're acting like a desperate scum. That's the real reason I'm voting you.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 03, 2009, 12:46:36 am »

It's my first mafia game, Mr. Person. It is also somewhat late, at which times my behaviour is different It's quite unlikely that I'm going to conform to your expectations of behaviour for [insert-my-faction-here, in this case town] under fire. I have had no chance to learn these behaviours. So, I do it in the best fashion I can understand: providing information. Because I have nothing to hide, and the town needs all the information it can get, which is something I DO understand.

I am trying to logically address these (to me spurious) points raised against me, and get the mod to point out that, in fact, I am not wrong/lying/mistaken about this rule. You have in fact no evidence that it WOULD be blocked, as there are no indications of how role interactions will resolve in the first post save that it is decided by web. So, would you at least wait until webadict comes and actually points out whether one case or the other is true, rather than running against me on a less-than-full argument? Wouldn't you at least want to ask web yourself whether this was the case?

Another important question, mod- can you use-role and execute the mafia nightkill?
It occurs to me that the answer to this question affects my other
Mod, please dispel this misdirection by pointing out that  dakarian's ability fires regardless of block.

Dual-action mafia would also open up the strange possibility of the particles landing on ORG and then his kill of dakarian and some other action on me caused us to glow. But I rather doubt that mafia are allowed to use their actions along with NK.

I hope web isn't gone for the night, because I want to find more scum, and his word should be good enough to clear me of this nonsense.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 03, 2009, 01:08:42 am »

I really believe you're scum, CobaltKobold, but I'll admit that my logic hinges on one thing that can be cleared up by webadict.
If Dakarian's ability is a passive one, unaffected by blocks, then you're cleared and Org must be scum, but otherwise the evidence is stacked enormously to the contrary.

You can pull the beginner card all you want, but it's clear you have some idea what you're doing.

Let's wait for a response from web, but if his answer is either inconclusive or differs from what you suggest, you're lying scum.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 03, 2009, 01:16:55 am »

Uh, Org could also be a town with a night kill/investigate.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 03, 2009, 01:27:16 am »

Accepted. I know I(and the town) have only to gain from getting this mess cleared up.  (And yes, AN, to answer your question- breadcrumbs, "IAMABLOCKER" in caps strewn through that message. though sort of useless as I claimed it outright later)

That said, while we wait, we don't want to forestall other scumhunts.
Org  town with NK/inv...? it's kind of far-fetched, both roles are quite powerful. That looks an awful lot like scum defending scum to me.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 03, 2009, 10:38:56 am »

Nah.  CobaltKobold isn't scum.  Let's see though...

I wasn't expecting Eduren to be scum.  Kinda bad luck really, but that's ok.

ToonyMan                               - Survivor

Apostolic Nihilist                       - Mafia
Cheeetar

Leafsnail
Org
CobaltKobold                            - Town
SHAD0Wdump
Mr.Person
Vector

Scum looks like it's going to lose quite quickly since I know who they are.

So with that, vote Apostolic Nihilist.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 03, 2009, 11:10:52 am »

Everyone returns back to the common meeting area that everyone agreed was the common meeting area. A quick head count shows that everyone is here. A second body count shows that dakarian has been decapitated!
Hehe, desu.

Leafsnail thinks that KobaltKobold's story stands up, desu.  Org may have accidentally killed a town player, but the lack of a scum NK makes this unlikely, desu.
ELNL:possible. Alltruth. Leafsnail cannot have acted on another in this case.
LLNE:possible, shad0wdump lying
LLNL:possible, all truth
Leafsnail did nothing, so Leafsnail is afraid to say that all three of these are possibilities, desu.  Shadow could be lying, but the presence of the other two scenarios makes this far from incriminating, desu.

However, it strikes Leafsnail that only 2 scenarios actually have both of us telling the truth, so please say Shadow's thoughts, Shadow, desu.
Apostolic Nihilist                       - Mafia
Cheeetar
Uh, Toony, wasn't Cheeetar CONFIRMED TOWN to you yesterday, desu?

By the way, Leafsnail is afraid to say he has no vote today, desu.  Leafsnail attempted to use his unknown night action, but it missed and Leafsnail now has no votes, desu.  Leafsnail will be mad if his secret action is something like "0% vig", desu :P.

To sum up, desu:

Org: Admitted to killing dakarian, but insists that he is not scum, desu.  Roleclaim seems a bit overpowered, and vig seems like an easy claim for scum, desu.  In addition, he has not given reasons why he would kill dakarian as town, desu.
Shadowdump: Is acting rather strangely, in addition to the fact that a block would be an easy claim for a mafia member, desu.  He has, however, been helpful, and Leafsnail personally does not feel he's scum, desu.
Apostolic Nihilist: It's strange how his logic hinges on one assumption, in addition to the fact that he doesn't even consider the possibility of Org having a town NK, desu.  Also, an answer from webadict wouldn't fully clear CK, desu.
ToonyMan: Almost certainly trying to direct us away from his "carrier", desu.  Toony, are those randoms suspicions, or is he claiming some kind of magical scum knowing role, desu?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 03, 2009, 11:18:31 am »

Those suspicions are all from today.

Most notably this quote:

Green does not mean confirmed, it's just a color.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 03, 2009, 11:25:40 am »

Alright,I'm going to give up my theory on what the glow was all about now that it was revealed.
 I assumed it was Leafsnail's secret power,that anyone who attempted to make a action on him(her?desu? 0P ) would start glowing according to alignment,if green they were town,if red they were mafia,I assumed this a possibility as it would make sense for a ad-hoc ability.(susuwhatka's(I can't spell that!) green and red eyes)

As for whether I'm lying or not,I can only give you my word that I'm not lying and that I indeed made a action on you Leafsnail.

Speaking of actions,I made one on Toonyman last night and I'm waiting for a bit of clarification from Webadict. I did not receive any apparent adverse effects from doing so.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 03, 2009, 11:26:06 am »

Also Leafsnail... Block?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 03, 2009, 11:32:46 am »

Ah, sorry SHAD0Wdump...I forgot to mention I am immune to any non-kill abilities too.

So brahsome.

And when I tried to clear something up with Webadict, I never got a reply yet too SHAD0Wdump.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 03, 2009, 11:33:05 am »

It looked more like a miss or a dodge from the target, desu.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 03, 2009, 11:39:52 am »

STOP PRESS:  LIAR ALERT, DESU.  Unvote, desu.

Quote from: ChibiMan
Ah, sorry SHAD0Wdump...I forgot to mention I am immune to any non-kill abilities too.
I am kill-immune.
I am unlynchable.
I show up Mafia to inspects.
I am kill-immune.
I am unlynchable.
Nice WIFOM, scum, but now ToonyMan's fun little game is over, desu.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 03, 2009, 11:43:54 am »

Except for mafia inspects, come now.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 03, 2009, 11:44:36 am »

STOP PRESS:  LIAR ALERT, DESU.  Unvote, desu.

Quote from: ChibiMan
I am kill-immune.
I am unlynchable.
I am kill-immune.
I am unlynchable.
Nice WIFOM, scum, but now ToonyMan's fun little game is over, desu.
GAME BREAKING NESS IF WE FIND OUT HE IS TELLING THE TRUTH.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47