Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 66270 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Day 3: Radiation At Dawn)
« Reply #510 on: November 02, 2009, 10:52:21 pm »

If we have one of those, I'd like them to show up.
Why are you rolefishing?

I know you're town. Amnesiac cop-style thing told Me so Affirmatively By the dark of the first night Letting me wOnder just why you would be Considering Kludging through and Egregiously seeking the Roles unknown.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 02, 2009, 10:54:31 pm »

We can trade one for one.  If someone blocked scum, I want to kill the scum.  If no one blocked scum, I want to kill Org.  Therefore I am "rolefishing" because I think either way we will get scum, and getting scum is Good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 02, 2009, 11:04:50 pm »

Why are you rolefishing?

I know you're town. Amnesiac cop-style thing told Me so Affirmatively By the dark of the first night Letting me wOnder just why you would be Considering Kludging through and Egregiously seeking the Roles unknown.

Vector's rolefishing here is actually justified, strangely enough.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 02, 2009, 11:05:25 pm »

If someone did block someone, how would that someone know they blocked scum, and not some town investigator with Org being the actual scum? I'm going to vote Org.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 02, 2009, 11:08:23 pm »

Hmmm....I need to confirm something with Webadict.

Hold on.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 02, 2009, 11:11:59 pm »

... Fine.  If Org is town, though, I am going to rolefish out my face tomorrow in hopes of finding the actual scumbucket.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia
« Reply #516 on: November 02, 2009, 11:14:37 pm »

oops. My posited scenario doesn't work- particles need to land on leafsnail, get swapped to eduren, and shad0wdump targets leafsnail but spots eduren, glows.

Mr. Person (or Vector) justify the fish, please? Or wise up.

*continues exhausting scenarios*
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 02, 2009, 11:15:13 pm »

We can trade one for one.  If someone blocked scum, I want to kill the scum.  If no one blocked scum, I want to kill Org.  Therefore I am "rolefishing" because I think either way we will get scum, and getting scum is Good.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 02, 2009, 11:37:00 pm »

Oh, sorry, missed that since I'm replying too much. Blocked dakarian, clearly to no event other than making me glow. Blocked Apostolic Nihilist N1, though I don't really see that that did any good/bad, but if someone can use it, better to get it out before I die. And we might be able to trade two-for-one!

Also note that one blocker and/or doctor neither forbids the other nor another of that type, web has said no such thing.
now, if I'm right and there're 3 scum (and Org's one) then one of them shouldn't be lying. But I can't really know that.
Conclusion: insufficient information. However, I have produced two lists of scenarios useful for those with more information, leafsnail and eduren.
Spoiler: truthful leafsnail (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: truthful shad0wdump (click to show/hide)
I am not producing the other sublists because, if they're lying, then I don't want to help them and they can do their own  work. it strikes me that shad0wdump has few possible scenarios, but that would be analyzing probabalistically [sp?] and people don't act like that, usually

Now, because I'm foolish, elementary conclusions that don't need exhaustive analysis at all: A lot of power roles are flying around. Probably a few killers too. So: Would a mafia swap with a mafia in this case, and was eduren telling the truth?
Tilesets

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 02, 2009, 11:44:24 pm »

Why are you rolefishing?

...breacrumbs??

I'm wary of Org's claim -- a vig/cop seems a bit overpowered. If both powers are one-shot it might make more sense.
We're also neglecting one scenario, that is, Org and the mafia targeted the same person. Dakarian was acting scummish, but mafia could've easily perceived his skill as a threat. Org thought he was suspicious and scum thought he was dangerous, and thus they targeted the same person.

Does this clear Org? Not at all. It's just a possibility. In this instance, would both Org & the scum glow, or would the first 'killer' glow?

Well, let me posit something:
CobaltKobold says he acted on Dakarian last night. Dakarian's ability was activated. Furthermore, CK has claimed blocker. Thus, CobaltKobold is not a blocker. He's lying.
We can assume he definitely acted on Dakarian, but he didn't block him. So then what -did- he do?
I suggest this: Both Org and CobaltKobold are guilty of murdering Dakarian. Org is as he claims, while CobaltKobold is in fact scum who found an easy way to cover for his 'spontaneous glowing'.
  • I acted on dakarian last night. I did not kill him.
  • I am glowing
  • therefore, Dakarian's isotopes attached to himself last night.
  • therefore, Org interacted with dakarian last night
  • therefore, Org killed dakarian

Org killed dakarian and is therefore scum.

Be right back once I look up who was glowing yesterday.

(fake-edit):
Interesting.
I didn't get any message about being blocked N1, but I'm not sure if people who are blocked usually get such messages?
Can anyone else confirm whether or not people usually receive messages upon being acted upon?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 02, 2009, 11:52:20 pm »

I haven't recieved any PMs about being acted upon.
Apostolic makes sense. I am unvoting Org and voting CobaltKobold. I believe that it is a good policy to lynch all liars.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 03, 2009, 12:07:19 am »

You're wrong. Let me analogize: roleblocking a godfather does not (to my knowledge) make him show up as mafia when inspected that night.

Fluff-wise, putting dakarian in one place, unable to do anything at night, doesn't stop the particles in his lab from their jumping.

Mod, please dispel this misdirection by pointing out that  dakarian's ability fires regardless of block. Or, help the town and call me a liar.
Tilesets

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 03, 2009, 12:17:00 am »

Mod, please dispel this misdirection by pointing out that  dakarian's ability fires regardless of block. Or, help the town and call me a liar.
Well, I can see you're a bit more frantic than usual.
This is a clear mistake.
It would help the town by calling you a liar?
Calling you a liar would condemn you, and thus lynch you.
Unless you're scum, this would not help the town.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 03, 2009, 12:29:00 am »

Let me clarify-
If I am not a liar, I'm probably town.
If I am a liar, then I'm probably scum. Thus, the mod confirming that I would be lying in that case would be helping the town by exposing a liar for what he is.

It's called arguing in the alternative. Besides, I didn't want to sound like I was bossing the mod when I was really asking the question of whether I was correct in this case on the rules.

I'm sticking to Org because I know he killed dakarian last night, which is fairly likely to be the mafia NK. But AN is next in my sights. Exkirby [whom AN replaced] refused to claim a side at all.
Tilesets

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 03, 2009, 12:30:10 am »

CobaltKobold, that doesn't mean anything. I feel very strongly AN is town.

You're welcome, AN.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47