Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 66233 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Day 2: That's Elmo's World)
« Reply #465 on: October 29, 2009, 03:46:44 pm »

OK, I guess I didn't do the math.

I'm just really worried that he is lying scum. I doubt his immortal claim and this is the only way to find out.

Toony is the only scum read that I have. If we have time today, then yes we can move focus away from him, but I have no idea when today is supposed to end.

So Tunnel-Vision FTW?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 29, 2009, 04:04:47 pm »

No, I realize that Tunnel-vision FTL. I seem to have surprised even myself with how much I tunneled you.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 29, 2009, 09:56:58 pm »

I doubt Toony's claim of lynch-immortality, but because there is currently more to do than test this, I'll unvote.

For now, I'll focus on getting the lurkers to post some more. Shad0wdump.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 29, 2009, 10:09:28 pm »

Yeah.  I want my vote still on eduren, but still...

Org, show up and be useful, please.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 29, 2009, 10:14:56 pm »

He's not that inactive this game, actually.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 29, 2009, 10:17:16 pm »

Active, perhaps, but not being helpful.

And what about you?  Have anything to say?  You haven't been particularly talkative recently...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 29, 2009, 10:21:41 pm »

Eduren. I'm not sure where to start. I said you were scummy earlier in the game, but it's just gotten worse and worse. Everywhere I look, you're active lurking. Your posts have no content, and just now you tried to push a quick end to an uneventful day. A Toony lynch should be our last resort. I think you backed off because your scummy plan failed to go through.

Here are most of his posts (>70%, the only ones I left out were pre-page-10 and the most recent ones)
I am not a pirate. I am not a ninja. I am a pro-town character. Just in case.

FoS Kobold for jumping on a Redwarrior bandwagon. He already had two votes, a third was not necessary if all you wanted was for him to talk.
This was one of your few posts of 'value', if you can call it that. You don't even attack CK directly, you just point fingers.
Also,what's this 'meet-up' thing?
There's this one game called Dwarf Fortress right? The creator occasionally holds meet-ups to have face-to-face chats with his fans. I think that you can find more info here
Active-lurking! Nothing of value here, folks. Move along.
It was at a restaurant. The livestream was just somebodies laptop with a webcam.
Follow-up post. Nothing here, either!
I'll support the Day extension.
Any reason why? Oh, well. At least you're doing something.
however, Zai might of spidered Leafsnail.
Well, according to his 'flip, he can only replace himself with the spider.

I seem to be glowing green...

Yes, you're glowing green. Why not start asking questions and ask people WHY!? Simply stating facts achieves nothing.
I agree with Leafsnail on this one. Pandarsenic was acting jumpy and defensive.

While I can see motivations to end the day for both scum-Leaf and town-Leaf, the fact remains that we lynched somebody who was acting sufficiently scummy.

That said, can Kobold and Apost join us.
I can't really attack this -- I agree with it, but this was your second useful post. Out of 28+ pages, 2 useful posts...

Now, I'll admit: the only thing I have against you is lurking, and most of us are guilty of that. This is no defense, however!
Please, try to be more active and post something USEFUL.

Wasting the town's time with a Toony lynch is not something we should be doing right now.

Uh, I just looked back. I only selected 6(!?) posts?
This is getting to be ridiculous. He's posted less than 12 times in this entire thread.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 29, 2009, 10:27:52 pm »

And what about you?  Have anything to say?  You haven't been particularly talkative recently...
well, I have something from Night One I don't know how to deal with at ALL, as PMs are not allowed in this game. Since I've been thinking and sitting on it for a bit, I may as well throw it out there. Someone has Amnesiac Cop power, which told me Vector was Town.

Org IS being more helpful than Eduren. Some content is more than none.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 29, 2009, 10:34:24 pm »

well, I have something from Night One I don't know how to deal with at ALL, as PMs are not allowed in this game. Since I've been thinking and sitting on it for a bit, I may as well throw it out there. Someone has Amnesiac Cop power, which told me Vector was Town.

Org IS being more helpful than Eduren. Some content is more than none.

What's your point, though?  Trying to keep the heat off Org?

I'm voting eduren for a reason.  I want Org to learn to show up and talk, though.

Right now, I think eduren is one of our scum-brigade.  Not sure who else might be, though.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 29, 2009, 10:56:14 pm »

Only insofar as lurkiness goes. I read all the paranormals, and this isn't the town or the scum org from there. So I don't really know what to make of the altered activity level other than that it's better for the game.
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 29, 2009, 11:02:29 pm »

Hm... Maybe I missed it, but why are you continuing to vote Apostolic Nihilist even though you think eduren is our scumboy?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 29, 2009, 11:03:58 pm »

When it comes to Org, I've noticed that he's been trying to be more 'in the game' lately and in every game he's been in.

It has lead to a batch of 'active lurks' but I'm looking at it as part of the personality since he's gone from "little to nothing in posts" to "trying to post about something" where Active Lurking is the Uncanny Valley.

Townie Prodding him isn't so bad but give him a little air to get some practice in. 

As for Eduren, simply discrediting everything doesn't make me happy.  Mind if I ask why you were so pushy on Toony again?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 29, 2009, 11:07:28 pm »

When it comes to Org, I've noticed that he's been trying to be more 'in the game' lately and in every game he's been in.

It has lead to a batch of 'active lurks' but I'm looking at it as part of the personality since he's gone from "little to nothing in posts" to "trying to post about something" where Active Lurking is the Uncanny Valley.

Townie Prodding him isn't so bad but give him a little air to get some practice in. 

Yeah, I apologize if I'm being too rough.  I'm paranoid about lurkers... even though I am one myself, frequently.  Go figure.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 29, 2009, 11:27:08 pm »

As for Eduren, simply discrediting everything doesn't make me happy.  Mind if I ask why you were so pushy on Toony again?
I'm just scared that we'll let him get away with an immortality claim (We'll never hear the end of it).

Apost: You're calling me on not contributing yet you ignore the past 6 or so posts I've made.

Also, if you look at my history, I am a chronic lurker, especially during the early game. (Beginners1,2,3 Para10 Flamewar1 etc) whether I am town or scum.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 29, 2009, 11:28:14 pm »

I think you backed off because your scummy plan failed to go through.
I have not backed off. Just look where my vote lies.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47