Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 47

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 66235 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Day 2: That's Elmo's World)
« Reply #450 on: October 28, 2009, 09:07:59 pm »

Day extension requested, and this time I won't forget the color tag in my hurry. Unvote.

Do you still put any stock into that? Do you really think the scum wouldn't, you know, lie? Oh wait, do you think you can tell a lying scum saying they're town from a real townie?

This question was never answered.

No, seriously, just a few more proofs and my book on skin and I'll be able to actually contribute over here ._.

Also, if you want to target me... ask me some questions.  Like "Why the hell did you do X," as opposed to just saying "Get out here and start flailing."

We can't ask you much if you won't do anything worth asking about. You need to step up and ask questions and talk. If you don't, I'll gladly advocate a lynch on you for lurking.

I'll let you lynch me sure, but know that it will be the same as a no lynch.

I'll vote myself if everyone agrees I should.

Woah, the only other player to figure it out is ToonyMan himself. Give this man a cookie.

You're mistaken.  I'm focusing on Vector to mostly get a read on him. 

Person I pushed because I dislike going "oh I don't know what to do!"  and I couldn't find Person's claim.  It was enough to shine a spotlight and get into the rhythm of this game since I don't have a RVS to use.

This is fine, as long as you keep it up. We need commentary and reasoning from more people, this game will go nowhere until we start getting more commentary!

@Leafsnail: You may want to ready your night action, if you have one, so you can do it while you're away. I have a feeling that we'll be ending the day tomorrow, and you'll probably be back during the next day.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 28, 2009, 09:38:54 pm »

Extension.  Unvote.

Okay.  I've got a bit of time, and it has come to my attention that something is rather wrong here.

Mostly...

ToonyMan - Immortal?  Achilles... ?
Mr.Person - Feel like he might be scum--just a theory, though.  Don't read too much into it.
Cheeetar - weird-ass gambit.  Currently think he is town.
CobaltKobold - probably town
SHAD0Wdump - Too quiet, claims last Mafia game evar.
Leafsnail - Hammer.  Think he's town... maybe?
Vector - TOO QUIET
Apostolic Nihilist - occasional post
dakarian - kicking up lurkers

Org
eduren

Have hardly posted since the beginning of the game.

Further, I think that ToonyMan isn't actually a third party.  I think he's bonafide "immortal" scum-with-a-weakness--mostly because he is playing the way he always does as scum, and a full breaking of game balance would be uncalled for.  I think we need to concentrate ourselves on finding his weakness over the next couple of days, and watch him closely so that we can figure out who's trying to work with him.

Now, think about this Town.  Do you want to waste your time with me?  Or do you actually want a chance to win?

If Toony is actually a survivor who wants to work with scum, he has no reason to say this.  This is a scum-tactic, 100% golden.  We need to figure out how to take him down.

Further, a survivor who cannot die has no point in a game.  For a game to be fun, it must be a game for all players... so he must have some sort of loss condition.

(Of course, that might have had something to do with Pandarsenic >_>)

Even more... we have Toony jumping out and accusing people of being scum.  Right.  Something funky is up with his alignment, and I'm almost certain that he's not a neutral party.

Yeah.  Eduren, where on earth are you as all this crazy goes down?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 28, 2009, 09:51:22 pm »

Waste your time?  I don't know.  Either way, bed.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 28, 2009, 10:04:40 pm »

As usual, I'm just trying to wrap my head around this crazy junk.

I guess I'll start with you Vector: I really don't think that we should spend the next few days "finding Toony's weakness" unless we at least try lynching him first. And once we have done so, I really don't think that we should concentrate on him. Even if you think he's scum there is probably not gonna be enough time to get rid of him. So for the sake of efficiency I say that we assume third party and deal with him when we get more info.

Org is being himself which I hate. We could try voting him into the spotlight but if we were to, we should do it tomorrow, after we've tried a Toony lynch.

I seem to have left my vote on Kobold, and since he has posted unvote.

Everybody:If we are going to go anywhere further with Toony, we need to test his original claim. Vote Toony
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 28, 2009, 11:56:56 pm »

Unvote.  Welcome back Vector.

As for the Toony theory.. I believe the claim that he won't die.  Toony pulling a 'kill me' WIFOM breaks any meta I know of him.  Toony acting egotastic when he has protection though.. I can see it.

Besides, either he's immortal with a weakness or one of the multiple scum out there.  Either way, we can save him for now and try to find others.

I dislike Eduren's theory that we won't have time for Toony.  If we decide not to waste a lynch just to hit the Immortal then that's a lynch we can use later when more info may turn up.  Toony is best in the 'wait and see' pile.  Besides, one way or another, there's another person that we need to lynch.

And putting the focus on him today is not something I'm up for, though perhaps scum is.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 29, 2009, 12:54:14 am »

I was mostly telling Vector that if he looks scummy, that we should try to be sure he isn't lying.

I guess I'm just looking for the worst, but I think that Toony is capable of this. I mean, I don't want to go the entire game looking for his weakness, just to learn that he's lying. I don't know if that's the wrong way to look at it, but its my reasoning.

It's less about the timing and more about the focus of discussion. I don't think that Toony's claim should be the focus of discussion, seeing as there is other scum.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 29, 2009, 03:42:15 am »

Bah, sorry.

I wish to re-explain:

Finding Toony's weakness should be something we're thinking about as the game progresses.  Obviously, until he's the last scum left standing, it's not the most important thing.

Mostly, I don't want to be left at lylo with unkillable scum.  That sounds like a really, really bad idea.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 29, 2009, 05:53:35 am »

Sorry, forgot I had not post in a while here

I'm not sure about lynching toonyman if its a waste, although its most likely a lie. Or maybe not, but anyway, do we risk wasting a lynch or do we lynch someone who we think might die from it.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 29, 2009, 07:52:42 am »

I would find Eduren's argument more convincing if he didn't suggest to waste the lynch on Toony and, even while saying we should do something else, does nothing else.  Vote stays on you.

I believe the Toony lynch is a waste.  We not only have a claim for Immortal-like behavior but we also have a third party claim.  Toony will continue to speak and show more of himself later on.  I'd rather see that and come back to him and spend the rest of the day actually hunting. 

I mean JEESH, once the Toony issue came up everyone just focused on him and that's it for the conversation.  It's almost like a reverse CT issue: the scumhunting ends and the town shuts down. 

If you truly, HONESTLY, believe Toony is scum.. not just lynchable.. SCUM.. then go ahead and keep on him.  If you just want to see if you can call his bluff then we have MUCH better things to do.

I KNEW IT!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 29, 2009, 11:47:01 am »

I think that the Intel it gives us would not make it a waste.

Org: Really? You have to remind yourself to post every once in a while?

Vector: That makes more sense.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 29, 2009, 01:25:04 pm »

Finding out that someone is unkillable is the cost of a lynch.

Typical game gives the town 3 mislynches.  At 13, that means 4 mafia.

Typically though, if we go a day without killing scum, we use up a lynch, whether we no lynch or lynch a non scum.

We've already used up a mislynch D1.  That means if we do it again we'll be at lylo.  Note that if said mislynch is caused by hitting an immortal, we'll be forced to No lynch tomarrow THEN go at lylo.

We do NOT have much room to waste time like that if we think we're dealing with an unlynchable survivor.  If you think it's scum that's lying then say so and we can decide whether to risk it.  If you just want some information on whether a third party can really die here then I'd rather just lynch you instead: at least then I might hit a scum.
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 29, 2009, 01:45:09 pm »

Yeah, I was going to say.  I'm sticking with eduren as well.

He may not be playing his standard scum game, but he's certainly not playing his town game, either.  After what happened in BM3, I imagine he's realized he should adjust his playstyle.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 29, 2009, 02:08:50 pm »

Alright, let me lay this out.
You're saying (Eduren) the only reason you're trying to "lynch" me is this...

If I'm lynchable or not.

Huh?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 29, 2009, 03:36:15 pm »

OK, I guess I didn't do the math.

I'm just really worried that he is lying scum. I doubt his immortal claim and this is the only way to find out.

Toony is the only scum read that I have. If we have time today, then yes we can move focus away from him, but I have no idea when today is supposed to end.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 29, 2009, 03:39:45 pm »

I think that the Intel it gives us would not make it a waste.

Org: Really? You have to remind yourself to post every once in a while?

Vector: That makes more sense.
Yes I do. Sometimes I do.

Yeah, that could be the problem. He could be scum, and trying to live.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 47