Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 66139 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Day 2: That's Elmo's World)
« Reply #420 on: October 27, 2009, 07:50:45 pm »

Ahh, there it is.  I was looking for Person's claim.

Though I disagree.. I can fully see scum being too worried to claim, at least early on.  So the ones that either didn't claim or waited a good while (for the fear to calm down) to claim look bad.

Well this is amusing. Or scummy, can't tell which.
RedWarrior0Dakarian has not claimed townie status, still.
And is the only one who has made no such claim.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 27, 2009, 08:29:54 pm »

Finally got to your post about me Cobalt.  You claim I jumped randomly into that attack on person..even though that was the first post I made since subbing.  I dislike 'hi I'm here' posts so I did a quick scan and went right into it as unrandom as I can get.  You'll get lovely WOTs and analysis once I get fully integrated. 

meanwhile, Red was on his way to being subbed.  That's my best guess why he didn't join in. 

As far as the current situation: I'm seeing mostly the Toony matter and Person vs Leafsnail.  I'm inclined to believe Toony's survivor claim for the moment though to be safe he'll be on the 'watch for later' list. 

As for Person/Leaf, Person is attempting to use a modified version of a 'hammer' scumtell: eager scum hammers a townie and kills him off.  It's an old tell, but it's still effective.  The problem is that I don't think Leaf was pulling that.  Pandar wasn't exactly defending himself well and seemed to be just brushing everyone off.  That's like slitting your wrists in a shark pool.  That leaf popped in to finish it seemed more "I've seen enough" than anything else. 

Result: Neither have flung a true scumtell by it.  If it's this alone that's making them look bad then I'd argue it's a legendary Town vs Town fight. 

As far as who I want to focus on myself.. I don't have a good read on Vector yet and he seems to be on the sidelines at the moment.  I'd like him in the spotlight.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 27, 2009, 08:36:58 pm »

unvote
Your post contains no claim, dakarian. This is by your very own words suspicious.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 27, 2009, 08:44:30 pm »

I am pro-town.  I am not scum, an ally to scum, a third party, or neutral. 
I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 27, 2009, 08:48:09 pm »

Passes gummint inspection. unvote vote cheeetar
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 27, 2009, 08:48:42 pm »

I mean unvote vote apostolic nihilist. rrg.
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 27, 2009, 09:45:27 pm »

As far as who I want to focus on myself.. I don't have a good read on Vector yet and he seems to be on the sidelines at the moment.  I'd like him in the spotlight.

Vector has been full of amusing emotional crapola recently and, as such, is focusing on catching up on work before midterms.  I'll answer any questions you like and will be trying to make a more coherent post tomorrow, but Toony's claim has kind of derailed my previous thoughts.  I'll need to go make a detailed trawl through the thread and find someone else to bother.

Honestly, I still want to lynch him, but I think that's just the tunnel-vision speaking.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 27, 2009, 09:49:13 pm »

unvote
Your post contains no claim, dakarian. This is by your very own words suspicious.

Do you still put any stock into that? Do you really think the scum wouldn't, you know, lie? Oh wait, do you think you can tell a lying scum saying they're town from a real townie?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 27, 2009, 09:58:54 pm »

I know it's potentially not too useful, but someone acting contrary to their stated principles IS suspicious.
Tilesets

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 27, 2009, 10:15:04 pm »

I know it's potentially not too useful, but someone acting contrary to their stated principles IS suspicious.

Only a fool wouldn't claim they were town, so congratulations, you figured out that the best way to find scum is to find people who are doing anti-town things.

Like Leafsnail wanting to stifle discussion, for instance. You claim that you pushed a lynch through on Pandarsenic becasue you didn't want him to get out of getting lynched? What? If you think he's scum, you push him. Make sure he doesn't get out of the lynch by actually convincing us instead of taking advantage of the day ending to push a lynch.

Besides, earlier you said you pushed his lynch through really fast because the day was long, then you claim that pushing the lynch through was an accident, and now you're saying you wanted Pandarsenic lynched, for sure, without anybody else getting involved. Why does your story keep changing?
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 27, 2009, 11:04:06 pm »

!

Able to get the quotes for that Person?  If that's true then you might be on to something.  That DOES sound ugly.
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 27, 2009, 11:51:01 pm »

At first, it's all like "The day was too long"
The day had already been extended several times, desu.  The day couldn't go on forever, and Leafsnail thought Pandar was scum, desu.

And then it changes into "Pand might wiggle his way out"
Yes, Leafsnail fucked up, desu.  Leafsnail was just remembering NSBM where Pandar, in spite of being virtually confirmed scum, wriggled out of it with an extra day, desu.  Anyway, Toony, why hasn't Toony given Leafsnail an explanation for why Cheeetar is so town-ish, desu?  And why did Toony only vote Leafsnail after someone else did, desu?  And why is Toony so sure of Cheeetar's innocence, desu?  Toony seems to be dropping scumtells by the barrelfull, desu.

As for the green, Leafsnail was not told about any such abilities, desu.  Webadict did, on the other hand, say something enigmatic about "secret abilities", so it may have been Leafsnail, desu.  Or it could just be a "Presumed Vanilla Towny" style ploy, desu.

And then it becomes "No, it wasn't a hammer, even though I want to end the day after this final vote, which is the DEFINITION of a hammer vote"
Leafsnail was not attempting to land a hammer blow, desu.

Quote from: Leafsnail
We still haven't reached much of a consensus, but Leafsnail is tempted to say that yes, the day should end soon, desu.  We can't keep extending this out forever, desu.

Leafsnail just didn't particularly want a day extension, but was fine with anyone else attempting to extend it, desu.  Leafsnail felt that Pandar was scum, and was worried he would flip his vote to Apost and get a no lynch, desu.  A full one and a half hours passed between Leafsnail's "hammer" and the day ending, desu.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 28, 2009, 12:52:41 am »

wow.. yah, that's so much a waffle, it's made me hungry (seriously O.o)

Lol Fang-Tan.  Mind explaining?
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 28, 2009, 08:14:59 am »

Quote from: Leafsnail-chan
The day had already been extended several times, desu.  The day couldn't go on forever, and Leafsnail thought Pandar was scum, desu.
The general explanation, desu.  This was the short and simple response, desu.

Quote from: Chibi.Person
And then it changes into "Pand might wiggle his way out"
This was one of the reasons, desu.  Leafsnail's main worry was that webadict would say "Sure, have a 2 hour day extension" due to the already extended day, giving Pandarsenic time to land a vote on AN, causing a No Lynch, desu.

And then it becomes "No, it wasn't a hammer, even though I want to end the day after this final vote, which is the DEFINITION of a hammer vote"
The post Leafsnail made makes more sense when put into context, desu.
You're missing my accusation. I'm not blaming you for trying to lynch Pandarsenic (which is not scummy, since Pand was acting scummy), I'm not a fan of the way you jumped in, put the hammer vote in at the last second, then asked for the day to end without giving anybody else a chance to talk or Pand a chance to claim.
This post's accusation is different, desu.  You're not accusing Leafsnail of getting a town PR lynched, you're accusing Leafsnail of deliberately landing a hammer blow on Pandarsenic, desu.  Thus Leafsnail pointed out that he did not land a hammer blow at the last second, Leafsnail's vote came 4 hours before deadline, desu.  A different accusation will get a different response, desu.

Again, Leafsnail fully admits to screwing up royally, and agrees that, with the benefit of hindsight, it would've been better to push a NL or extend the day, desu.  However, messing up badly does not necessarily mean Leafsnail's scum, desu.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 28, 2009, 08:34:33 am »

Oh, and Leafsnail will be away from Thursday - Sunday, so you may want Leafsnail replaced, desu.  Then again, it's not that long an absence, so Leafsnail will leave it up to webadict, desu.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47