Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 47

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 66148 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Day 1: Bunch of Weirdos)
« Reply #210 on: October 21, 2009, 09:11:01 pm »

MOD: I vote day extension.
Anyone else?
sure...maybe I'll be more of a person with another day to sleep.

You know what: I'm implementing Hammers!
...Don't fall prey to Alexhans' crusade, webby!

It won't save time since it means days require majorities to end AT ALL!
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Day 1: Bunch of Weirdos) [Need Replacement]
« Reply #211 on: October 21, 2009, 09:20:47 pm »

That'll save you loads of time now.

Yeah, don't do it.  Look at how hard Color Mafia is dying.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 21, 2009, 09:47:16 pm »

That'll save you loads of time now.

Yeah, don't do it.  Look at how hard Color Mafia is dying.
Well, you're slow talking and Day Extension that result in slower talking don't quite get things done...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 21, 2009, 09:51:07 pm »

Bah.  Waiting for SHAD0Wdump to show up so we can kill him.  I cannot scumhunt if the scum remain nebulous and undefined!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 21, 2009, 09:58:33 pm »

Your lynch function has a domain of a closed and bounded set of scum?

Cup of tea means I'm a bit more awake, time to analyze 'otes and see which ones are wild.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 21, 2009, 10:01:42 pm »

Your lynch function has a domain of a closed and bounded set of scum?

Cup of tea means I'm a bit more awake, time to analyze 'otes and see which ones are wild.

.... If it's possible to create a bijection between the set of scum and any non-finite set, then I am really, really scared right now.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 21, 2009, 10:20:20 pm »

Side note: if you're going to end the day soon, don't. Instead, Extend. I'm raking the thread. Analysis incoming.
Tilesets

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 21, 2009, 11:00:48 pm »

I'll keep it going for another 24 Hours, I suppose.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 21, 2009, 11:07:43 pm »

Hammers basically mean that people don't get long to defend themselves. Anyway: I was voting Redwarrior0 because: He's inactive, and getting rid of inactive people is good. The posts he have made haven't been of much substance. He's one of the people that think I wanted to lynch Org, which I didn't, OBVIOUSLY. If I had pushed for his lynch immediately and he was lynched as town, I would be lynched. This would only be good were I the jester, which I'm not. ANYWAY, Redwarrior being replaced will mean he won't be inactive, so I'm going to unvote Redwarrior0. I'm going to vote ExKirby, because of his low content posts. I'm also suspicious of Cobalt because of this post,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
which I think looks like a gigantic amount of rolefishing, and Org for not posting and saying 'Hey dudes I have a life and stuff don't vote for me.' He hasn't voted for anybody yet to my knowledge, and his only content post is something about Toony being suspicious.

Also: Vector looks suspicious with this post:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He voted for ShadowDump with no reasons. I think he might be a scum faction that dosen't want Shadow to be made into an alien.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 21, 2009, 11:12:53 pm »

Hmph.

Here's the thing that tipped me off:

Unvote.

Cheeetar,your acting all sorts of crazy this game,but I feel it is much too risky to attempt to vote you yet,I'd first have you investigated before hand.

Damn I don't know what to do here... Might Everyone chime in on Cheeetar's behavior?

That, right there, is way too much cautiousness.  He's also essentially buddying up to the entire town and asking them to decide for him.  Either he's a wobbly townie, or he's pitting the town against itself.  He's afraid to even vote, and he's afraid to kill town.  On the first day, no one should be anywhere near this worried about striking town.  We're going to kill someone.  That someone will probably not be scum, but with luck we'll get information about scum from his death.

In a word, he's suspicious.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 21, 2009, 11:18:54 pm »

Note-taking complete. Conclusion: I must be scum. But I know I'm not scum, so...this looks bad.

Side note: This format sucks. I must find a better one that doesn't engender mistakes so well.
Quote from: Raw Notes
Key+vote-unvote*FoS
+vote on(Ordinality of action, number of votes, reason or lack thereof)
': claimed town ": claimed town, non-ninja, non-pirate "": Leafsnail's claim
ToonyMan+Org(11th,2). SuspectA: Redwarrior0,Org,Exkirby (24th) SuspectB: Mr.Person, Pandarsenic, Exkirby(25th)-Org(25th,1)+Mr.Person(25th,1)
Mr.Person+Cheeetar(3rd,1) [no unvote], +Redwarrior0(19th,2)
"Cheeetar+Org(2nd,2) "thinks shadowdump is not scum"!(27th), -Org(34th,0)+Redwarrior0(34th, 4)-redwarrior0(38th,3)+ExKirby(38th,1)
Pandarsenic:+Org(1st,1)-Org(8th.1, No replace.)+Cheeetar(13th,4)
'SHAD0Wdump+Zai(4th,1)-Zai(20th,0, no replace)
""Leafsnail+Cheeetar(9th,2)[no unvote]+Redwarrior0(23rd,4!, for 'no explanation of his vote'...in RVS)*Toonyman for suspicion bounce(26th)
'Vector+eduren(6th,1)-eduren+Leafsnail(12th,2)-leafsnail(37th,0)+SHAD0Wdump(37th,1,"is scum" = little reason?)
ExKirby+Cheeetar(10th,3, flimsy math)-Cheeetar(35th,1, no replace)
RedWarrior0+Cobaltkobold(17th,1, no reason, sustained because I "OMGUS'd" him for not gi'ing a reason)
"Org
'Zaithemaster*Cheeetar(15th)+Redwarrior0(15th,1)-RedWarrior0(28th,3)+Toonyman(28th,1)-toonyman(30th,0)+redwarrior0(30th,5)-redwarrior0(33rd, 3, no replace)*Vector(36th)
"2) I unvoted TM because I had merely been voting him for a reaction, which he did not give. However, he did give a suitably Toony response in my eyes, so I unvoted him"
"eduren+leafsnail(5th,1)-leafsnail(19th,1)+toonyman(19th,1)*Kobold(22nd. For 3rd vote)
"CobaltKobold+Vector(7th,1)-vector+leafsnail(14th,3)-leafsnail(16th,2)+Toonyman(16th,1)-toonyman(18th,0)*Redwarrior0,+Mr.Person(18th,1)[no unvote], +redwarrior0(21st, 3)*Zai(29th)-redwarrior0(31st,4)+zai(31st,1)-zai(32nd,0, no replace)+ExKirby(39th,2)*Pandarsenic(39th)

SECOND VOTE: Cheee, Leafsnail, 'ector
Third 'otes: Exkirby,Pandarsenic, CobaltKobold twice
Fourth Votes: Leafsnail,Cheeetar
Fifth: Zai
Most Changing: CobaltKobold
Hasn't Voted any: Org
Replaces Vote Least: Pandarsenic

Has claimed pro-town(in this order): CobaltKobold(not ninja/pirate), Cheeetar(not ninja/pirate), eduren(not ninja/pirate), Org(not ninja/pirate), SHAD0Wdump(only pro-town), Zai(only pro-town), Leafsnail:"Leafsnail is not part of any anti-town scumteam (be they pirates, ninjas, cultists, doppelgangers, robots or flying pumpkings that shoot lasers out of their asses, desu), desu.", Vector(only pro-town)

therefore Has NOT claimed pro-town:Toonyman, Mr.Person, Exkirby, Pandarsenic, Redwarrior0

Observation: claiming "not scumTEAM" means that Leafy could be SK(not a team) and have it come up true anyway.
Information on factions?
It dosen't seem a bad idea for me to become a ninja, either.
Yet I hear becoming a pirate may be bad.

webadict has sown foncusion.
I'm guessing there's zombies as well. Keyword being 'guessing'; nothing in my role PM indicates there's anything, let alone zombies. I just have a hunch, mainly based on Web's role in the MYO Mafia. But whatever.
Misinformation?
And Leafsnail's role pm said something about robots, desu.  Odd, I'm already clockwork, desu.  Perhaps there's some role who's trying to confuse us all, desu?
Yes, it's usually scum, confusion is baaad. You're generating some.
Now pirates and ninjas don't seem to be everything here,I've got one about aliens,and how it doesn't sound like a bad idea to become one.

There's a pretty damn good argument against me, in my first mafia game. I'm jumpy as hell with my vote, with about twice as many moves as anyone else. I've been posting basically "I'm too tired to analyze" or "I'll get to it later." (Now I've gotten to it.) I've been third on more than one bandwagon, unlike anybody else.

I present this information because it is true, not because I am a jester (I'm not) and because only mafia misinform and conceal.

The hasn't-claimed list seems like a good place to start: Toonyman, Mr.Person, Exkirby, Pandarsenic, Redwarrior0. What do you all ha'e to hide? (Though, I'm thinking RW0 and Exkirby are just being time-restrained and in another timezone so missing the run of "claim protown"- and, clearly, RW0 needing a replacement sort of points at the inacti'ity)
Furthermore, Exkirby and Pandarsenic and Zai do not immediately replace their votes. Pandarsenic is on Cheeetar right now, but the other two are on nobody.
Zai has jumped on and off RW0 twice, and is the only one to be FIFTH on a bandwagon...
Exkirby and pandarsenic are both third on bandwagons.

For these reasons, I vote Exkirby and think Pandarsenic is also scum.

PPEdit: Added Cheeetar and my actions to notes.

PPEdit2: That does sound kind of suspicious-cautious, Vector.
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 21, 2009, 11:24:41 pm »

Also, I'll amend my statement for completeness (just in case there's a truth-analyzer, as we've been considering):

I am pro-town.  I am part of no teams, be they zombie, pirate, ninja, robot, or otherwise.

I'll run through the thread and look for more SHAD0Wdump behavior in a bit.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 21, 2009, 11:37:13 pm »

If town counts as a team, that one'll come up false e'en if you're pro-town.
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 21, 2009, 11:41:26 pm »

All right, I'll try again.

I am pro-town.  If town is considered a team, then I am part of one and only one team--that is, the town.  Otherwise, I am part of no teams, be they zombie, pirate, ninja, robot, or any other.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 22, 2009, 12:11:20 am »

If town counts as a team, that one'll come up false e'en if you're pro-town.

Just shut up, ok? You're not helpful at all. It's not suspiscious to not have claimed to be pro-town. I mean, what, do you expect the scum to refuse? Has anybody even claimed truth-checker?

Anyways, I'm pro-town, just in case. Oh, and I can confirm that the word "zombie" was mentioned in my role PM. I'm not one, but there you go.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 47