Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 47

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 66190 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Day 1: Bunch of Weirdos)
« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2009, 04:20:43 pm »

So, Zaithebeginner, what about ToonyMan's behavior is scummy to you? His "Here's the scum!" list? You should know by now that ToonyMan's doing his regular behavior.

I'm not saying ToonyMan is town, but I just question what about him makes you think he's scum. After all, you've never actually said it. If you're referred to his post-style, remember that because of what Leafsnail's said and softclaimed, there's either post-restrictive roles or a pair of lying scum here. Although hiding behind a post-restriction is possible, that's not a good enough reason to want to lynch somebody.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2009, 04:52:27 pm »

ToonyMan is speaking like some kind of samurai, desu.
I would ha'e said some sort of shaman. If he were being more consistent(i.e. toonytunnelling by staying on the first targets), I'd say it's Toony with a new, more verbose speech pattern and perhaps improved tactics- the 'tunneling' is on "tunnelvision" after all.

Clearly I am nobody's role or they would be dropping their Vs.

Org, do something and talk. My vote is very changeable~
So do I stick with my first 'ote and go with the apparent inacti'e scum beha'iour, or go after the apparent scum beha'iour of Zaithemaster

ugh...why is not 12 hours enough.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2009, 04:58:33 pm »

Zaithebeginner

Ahaha? It's funny you should make this comment (which, by the way, I find more offensive than anything anyone (yes, even Josh ;)) has ever said online to me before (what is it about Mafia that makes people become assholes? Seriously, that just makes you seem more like scum; it doesn't help your case to be insulting) and would really appreciate it if you would never say it again) just a bit after it's no longer applicable. I guess you just are not observant enough to notice?

It's also funny that you say I never actually said why he's scum. For one thing, I said he was buddying up with RW0. Of course, this was mostly unfounded, and I was really just searching for a reaction with that, but he did not give one. But I wasn't kidding about him seeming different, but I didn't count this as scummy as I said. I think what seemed different to me was him using (for the most part) complete sentences.

My vote for TM was to get a reaction. But he took notes from Org, and gave no reaction. I unvote TM and return my vote to RedWarrior0. YOU AND ORG NEED TO POST MORE STUFF. OR YOU WILL DIE.

[PPE:] And what exactly is my "apparent scum behavior", CobaltKobold?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2009, 05:00:53 pm »

You had your name changed, nice.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2009, 05:03:22 pm »

If I am correct it seems that we are at a tie vote between Red and Toony.

EDIT: It is now 4 Redwarrior, 2 Toony, and 2 Cheetar
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2009, 05:19:41 pm »

Zai, Iexpect "thebeginner" is because you have lost your "themaster"ness, rather than an insult. I'll narrow the scumminess down a bit more:
My vote is very changeable~
Seriously.

ugh...why is not 12 hours enough.
sleep, that is X(
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2009, 05:34:04 pm »

History has taught me.  Here are my real suspicions.  Sorry lads for the "group" suspicions.  Everyone makes mistakes.

Mr.Person
Pandarsenic
ExKirby

With that, I will Unvote Org.  The boy speaks stupid, but the truth.

I will vote Mr.Person and ask, "Doesn't RedWarrior always act like that?  Don't we lynch the lad for doing this very act again and again?  That would be a probability game, not a truth game."
*Wakes up*
*Reads this*
Why?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2009, 05:34:54 pm »

Exactly my boy.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2009, 05:42:10 pm »

@People who are voting me for not posting: I have a limited posting window of four hours (max). Often it's less due to my wonderful parents and their ideas that computers are enslaving me or something like that.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2009, 05:43:48 pm »

I am posting more than some people, but I have a life and stuff.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2009, 05:53:13 pm »

a good enough reason from RedWarrior0, imo. unvote

Zai for aforementioned reasons ("My vote is very changable") as he gets bumped up list.
Tilesets

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2009, 06:51:31 pm »

"My vote is very changeable~" was in reference to the fact that my vote was only on RW0 because of random voting and he hadn't posted any "content". It was partly in jest, like the "talk or die" stuff. It was me saying (in shorter terms) that I could easily change my vote to him should he choose not to talk; my vote is hardly cemented on RW0 at this point.

Could you please say why this phrase is scummy, because I really don't see it? It seems like a strange thing to be stuck on to me. You said it's apparent, but it really isn't. All you've said to explain why it's scummy is "Seriously.", which is hardly an explanation at all.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2009, 07:49:21 pm »

Feel free to skip everything until you see the horizontal line,

If you think being called a beginner is offensive, I'm not the one at fault here, you need to grow up. In any case, you know how you aren't Zaithemaster anymore? Well, what's the opposite of a master? See, do you get it now or do I have to explain it even more detail that ruins the (admittedly terrible) joke? Why did you take that so seriously? That's not a mafia-based question, and it's also rhetorical, so don't answer it.

Hey Zai,  UR A NOOB UR A NOOB UR A NOOB UR A NOOB UR A NOOB UR A NOOB!!!1!!1! Do you find that insulting?  (HINT: You shouldn't). In case you didn't figure it out, Zai, I wasn't insulting you, you're the one who apparently thinks being called a "beginner" is insulting, which, frankly, is stupid. Yes, I'm insulting you now, but I don't really care. I'm just telling you that you acted stupidly for taking an opening offhand joke as an insult and getting bent out of shape over nothing. Even if you thought I was calling you a beginner, which you aren't, that's not insulting because being a beginner isn't a bad thing. You're a moron if you think being a beginner is not only a bad thing, but something that's insulting to call somebody, even in a serious fashion, which I wasn't. Now, if I was saying something like "You're a beginner, so you must suck at mafia", then yes, that's insulting because I said you sucked at mafia, not because I called you a beginner.

Also, I love how you implied I'm stupid for making the joke "after it no longer applied". No, I made it BECAUSE you changed your name, not in spite of that fact. You're free to call me inattentive, but I only noticed today. Now, if you've made the change months ago, well dang. If you made it today, call me lucky. I still don't look at names much, I just know you're the robotic Elmo, that pengiun is probably Webadict's, and ToonyMan pisses me off every week (Not really, do what you want Toonyman :D)

Oh, and by the way, I redid this opening part twice to make it less insulting, so don't even bother responding unless you're Zai. Actually, I would recommend Zai doesn't respond either. We should just drop this shit now, I don't want to make anything of it. Zai overacted to a bad joke, I'm overeacting in my explanation as to why he overreacted. I know I shouldn't, but I still want to make this beginning part because I want to explain to Zai why he made a mistake. Sue me, I'm having fun.

Anyways, onto the mafia-related part of this post. Zai, I like your post. You explained yourself, and you're voting somebody else for good reasons. Although I question why you stopped voting TM (he didn't say anything), I'm going to accept that changing your vote like that is a null-tell, so I'm gonna say I think you're town, for now. At the very least, you talk and explain yourself well enough I reasonably think we can determine your alignment later. However, I do want to know two things. One, why do you think what I said earlier was scummy (you know what I'm talking about, and I'm serious this time) and two, why did you unvote from ToonyMan?

ToonyMan, why did you say RedWarrior was doing scummy things and then pop in and vote me for what appears to be saying stuff about RedWarrior, despite the fact I voted RedWarrior just to get him to talk more? If he doesn't wanna talk more, he's basically not playing. It doesn't take long, maybe half an hour if you're replying to a lot of people or making a big WoT. I'll hold my vote on him until he says something of value. As soon as he does, I'll take my vote off him.

To the people who are questioning Zai, he hasn't done anything scummy, at least as far as I can tell. Please, feel free to point it out, I'd love to hear it.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2009, 08:00:59 pm »

I'll be waiting for RedWarrior then, eh.

One word that stings my mind is trust though, I don't trust anybody.  Why should you?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2009, 08:38:21 pm »

To M.P's pseudo-insulting explanation: I'm just an emotional guy when I'm tired; this is why I try not to post at the end of long days or when I'm exhausted from being sick. It'd probably help not to read posts during these times too. I can get upset because of stuff I think is implied, as well. I guess I'm kind of touchy when it comes to how I play Mafia games (which can be pretty damn stupid at times). But yeah. Name changed today. Toady was very quick in responding. =)

Quote from: M.P
However, I do want to know two things. One, why do you think what I said earlier was scummy (you know what I'm talking about, and I'm serious this time) and two, why did you unvote from ToonyMan?

1) Er...what? I didn't remember saying you were scummy, so I went back through my posts, and I couldn't find it. Could you please point this out to me?

2) I unvoted TM because I had merely been voting him for a reaction, which he did not give. However, he did give a suitably Toony response in my eyes, so I unvoted him. I'm not really sure what I was expecting to get that would show him as scum; he's ToonyMan after all. It was a silly thing to do in the first place, really. I was just in a batshit crazy mood at the time, inspired so by Cheeetar.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 47