Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 66220 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Day 1: Bunch of Weirdos)
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2009, 04:12:48 pm »

Zaithemaster Because Elmo is gonna eat my soul.

Guess my role. =D

If we're just going through the motions, why even have a random vote? The random vote is to get people to be active, and start talking and questioning people. Like now.

Partly correct, but since you're pretty much saying that's the only reason for random voting: WRONG. Its (what I consider to be the) main reason is to get people to react.

But FoS Cheeetar. You could be doing a number of things with this BANDWAGON ORG business, mainly: [1] refuge in audacity as town or mafia (the audacity being your assnumb crazy plan) [2] assnumb crazy plan as townie, kind of similar to something I've tried before that almost got me lynched (see number of votes on Cheeetar right now as compared to Org) [3] Other (I'm too lazy to list all possibilities of why you're going with this batshit crazy plan).

But really. Cheeetar. Stop this shit immediately. No matter what you "find out" with this plan, it won't prove anything. Take your "way to jump on a bandwagon, ExKirby" comment, for example. Voting for you isn't really a bandwagon. Voting for Org on the other hand is (you yourself voting for Org was a bandwagon, actually). Voting for you right now is quite a legitimate thing to do, considering how you've acted so far. Voting for Org isn't, and I doubt any scum is stupid enough to actually bandwagon on Org before he even responds.

...Anyway. I vote RedWarrior0. Post.

[Pre-Post Edit:] Okay. Org. RESPOND TO CHEETAR'S BATSHIT CRAZY PLAN. OR I DO VOTE YOU.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2009, 04:15:47 pm »

Well, I'm going to be honest...

Cheeetar, I hope you aren't a jester.
...what? No, seriously, what? I have random voted when no other evidence was available. I asked questions. What part of me is being suspicious?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2009, 04:23:08 pm »

You "randomly" voted for the same person as I did.
From then on, you screamed for everyone to vote for this person for no reason.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2009, 04:24:16 pm »

Yes? And? There was nothing to go on at the moment, so I decided to get something to react to and base my suspicions on.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2009, 04:24:50 pm »

Org never helps anyway.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2009, 04:37:08 pm »

Org is often unhelpful, but that doesn't make him scum, desu.  Nor does it mean people should simply use "Org is always unhelpful" as an excuse to get him lynched, desu.  That's just a way for the scum to get a free ride, desu.

Cheeetar, why does Cheeetar think his base suspicions are automatically right, desu?  Why did Cheeetar try and push for the easiest lynch of them all, desu?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2009, 04:38:45 pm »

Vote Count

Org - Cheeetar, ToonyMan
Cheeetar - Mr.Person, Leafsnail, ExKirby, Pandarsenic
Zaithemaster - SHAD0Wdump
Leafsnail - eduren, Vector, CobaltKobold
eduren - Vector
RedWarrior0 - Zaithemaster

Hopefully right?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2009, 04:39:35 pm »

Yes? And? There was nothing to go on at the moment, so I decided to get something to react to and base my suspicions on.

...You have got to be fucking kidding. You really don't see how bandwagoning on someone (if you randomvote someone who already has votes on them, you change your vote (randomvote until you get someone who doesn't have votes on 'em)) and then demanding that everyone else do the same without any further information as to why we should do that could seem extremely suspicious? It's one thing to accidentally bandwagon somebody via randomvoting, but it's a completely other (and 100x more scummy) thing to demand for everyone else to knowingly bandwagon on that person and then nag them if they don't.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2009, 04:42:58 pm »

Not so familiar with that notation, desu.
Um...they were hiragana for 'de' and 'su'. How you spell desu, which is indeed Japanese for 'is'.
Only result Leafsnail could get was "Is", desu.  Leafsnail's computer fails at displaying Japanese characters, desu.
good 'nough. unvote
Yes, desu.  Leafsnail has taken on his role's verbal ticks, desu.
tics.

Anyway, we probably weren't told the scum numbers to keep the game interesting, desu.
Or, could be recruiting roles, which would make gi'ing said number not useful.

Furthermore, Org is NOT always unhelpful, but I understand it is poor etiquette to discuss other mafia games, e'en past?

Toonyman, what was that crazy guy in the boat?  Also because you're lying about Org always being unhelpful.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2009, 04:44:49 pm »

...You have got to be fucking kidding. You really don't see how bandwagoning on someone (if you randomvote someone who already has votes on them, you change your vote (randomvote until you get someone who doesn't have votes on 'em)) and then demanding that everyone else do the same without any further information as to why we should do that could seem extremely suspicious? It's one thing to accidentally bandwagon somebody via randomvoting, but it's a completely other (and 100x more scummy) thing to demand for everyone else to knowingly bandwagon on that person and then nag them if they don't.

My men, this is BYOR Mafia.  Anything is possible.

Not so familiar with that notation, desu.
Um...they were hiragana for 'de' and 'su'. How you spell desu, which is indeed Japanese for 'is'.
Only result Leafsnail could get was "Is", desu.  Leafsnail's computer fails at displaying Japanese characters, desu.
good 'nough. unvote
Yes, desu.  Leafsnail has taken on his role's verbal ticks, desu.
tics.

Anyway, we probably weren't told the scum numbers to keep the game interesting, desu.

Furthermore, Org is NOT always unhelpful, but I understand it is poor etiquette to discuss other mafia games, e'en past?

Toonyman, what was that crazy guy in the boat?  Also because you're lying about Org always being unhelpful.

Crazy guy in boat, where?  Who says I'm lying?  YOU?  Hmmmmm.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2009, 04:50:01 pm »

Also because you're lying about Org always being unhelpful.

lulwut

Have you played a game with Org recently? HE DOESN'T CONTRIBUTE; he gets lynched for lurking often.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2009, 04:51:37 pm »

Ah, yes, Leafsnail forgot it would translate the word as well as the characters, desu.

Indeed they could, desu.  Especially if someone brought something in order to intentionally land themselves such a role, desu.

Not always, desu.  Comparing a player's games as scum to a player's games as town is a legitimate strategy, and can be used to identify scum players, desu.  Which is why the best players tend to avoid having town tells and scum tells, desu.

Toonyman, what was that crazy guy in the boat?
What is CobaltKobold talking about, desu?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2009, 05:11:25 pm »

Have you played a game with Org recently? HE DOESN'T CONTRIBUTE; he gets lynched for lurking often.
No I haven't. But the absolute is false; I have seen him contribute, if tersely, in at least one game. (The para which got broken by a double DoT, iirc.)

Crazy guy in boat was ...one of Toony's old avatars. I think it's linked in one of the threads as a reason for "TOONY IS TOONY".

An explanation of current pair of warriors would also suffice.

And yeah, I've noticed that Web has slowly reduced his town tell.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2009, 05:54:21 pm »

Oh yes, that would be Bluebell.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2009, 06:06:56 pm »

Toonyman, are you Spartacus? Just like Baron Munchhausen?
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47