Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 47

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 66081 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Day 2: That's Elmo's World)
« Reply #405 on: October 27, 2009, 07:00:06 am »

HOWEVER, do NOT tell others what to do
First of I did not tell,I asked,and secondly,don't tell others what to do. 0P

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Day 2: That's Elmo's World) [Need 1 Replacement]
« Reply #406 on: October 27, 2009, 10:08:56 am »

Hm.  It seems that you've won the game by virtue of being in it, if that's true.  Since I don't want to play the WIFOM game right now, I figure it's time to ask others questions and hope you're telling the truth.

UnvoteDakarian, whence such weighty silence?  You don't sound like your usual self.

My usual self doesn't join in the middle of games.  It makes an utter mess of things.

Mr.Person before you fully decide to ignore, mind giving that link/quote of you claiming yourself town?  I tried running through 28 pages to find it and just couldn't.  I saw just about everyone else give a claim though so if you know others (and your words seem to suggest just that) then feel free to tell those as well.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 27, 2009, 01:41:12 pm »

Even though I am a survivor.  Yes, I will help Town if it is most advantageous for me.  However, I can't see why right now.  Why should I help Town?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 27, 2009, 02:01:13 pm »

Even though I am a survivor.  Yes, I will help Town if it is most advantageous for me.  However, I can't see why right now.  Why should I help Town?

Yeah, this seems kind of odd to me.  You're like a free unkillable scum with no NK (as far as I know), which makes me think that you were put in to counterbalance Pandarsenic.  Now that Pandarsenic's down, we're kind of screwed.

Well.  In any case, unvote.  I'll be back later in the day to take a trawl through this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Day 1: Bunch of Weirdos) [Need Replacement]
« Reply #409 on: October 27, 2009, 02:02:06 pm »

If town counts as a team, that one'll come up false e'en if you're pro-town.

Just shut up, ok? You're not helpful at all. It's not suspiscious to not have claimed to be pro-town. I mean, what, do you expect the scum to refuse? Has anybody even claimed truth-checker?

Anyways, I'm pro-town, just in case. Oh, and I can confirm that the word "zombie" was mentioned in my role PM. I'm not one, but there you go.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 27, 2009, 02:04:16 pm »

Yeah, this seems kind of odd to me.  You're like a free unkillable scum with no NK (as far as I know), which makes me think that you were put in to counterbalance Pandarsenic.  Now that Pandarsenic's down, we're kind of screwed.

Well.  In any case, unvote.  I'll be back later in the day to take a trawl through this.

I don't have any other abilities.  I can't do squat.

If town counts as a team, that one'll come up false e'en if you're pro-town.

Just shut up, ok? You're not helpful at all. It's not suspiscious to not have claimed to be pro-town. I mean, what, do you expect the scum to refuse? Has anybody even claimed truth-checker?

Anyways, I'm pro-town, just in case. Oh, and I can confirm that the word "zombie" was mentioned in my role PM. I'm not one, but there you go.

What's this?  Is this directed at me?  I can't tell.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 27, 2009, 02:26:30 pm »

Ahh, there it is.  I was looking for Person's claim.

Though I disagree.. I can fully see scum being too worried to claim, at least early on.  So the ones that either didn't claim or waited a good while (for the fear to calm down) to claim look bad.
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 27, 2009, 02:27:02 pm »

meanwhile:

Unvote
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 27, 2009, 02:32:56 pm »

Leafsnail's guess is that Toony, assuming he's telling the truth, has someone else who needs to be killed before he dies, desu.  Perhaps he marked Cheeetar as CT to WIFOM us into lynching him instead, desu.  It came up in an IRC mafia game Leafsnail played with webadict, so... desu.  Meh, unvote for now, desu.

Quote from: Chibi Vector
If Toony is telling the truth, he's a survivor who has to prevent something from happening in order to avoid dying, desu.  Not explicitly anti-town, but would be very bad at lylo, desu.

Quote from: ChibiMan
What's this?  Is this directed at me?  I can't tell.
No, it relates to an argument over the possibility of a truth reader, desu.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 27, 2009, 02:37:40 pm »

I'll unvote.  My suspicions I posted when the day started is all the truth.

I'm in a funny situation now.  Hmmm...I'll just vote Apostolic for now then.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 27, 2009, 06:25:11 pm »

I really can't wrap my mind around Toony's role.
If what he says is true, he need only sit back and let the game play out -- he is guaranteed victorious. He could just lurk and still win. Such a role is ridiculously overpowered, and I can't see webadict doing something like that.

As it stands though, I think he's drawn the attention of a vigilante -- someone is likely going to target him tonight, to call his bluff. They'd have nothing to lose, after all. Unless this is Toony's goal.

He's done everything possible to deter us from lynching him, and it's worked surprisingly well. On the subject of NKs, however, things become a little less clear. He says he's immune to them, but that's all. If we have a vig in our ranks, I'm almost certain they're going to target Toony tonight.

Now, what if this is actually Toony's goal? Perhaps he needs to be killed by NK to win -- the opposite of a jester.

That would explain his scummy behaviour, as he needs to get killed, and it would also make his supposed 'claim' make sense.
There is another possibility, of course. Toony may be a sort of 'superjester' who must be lynched multiple times --that would also make his ridiculous claims make sense.
Either way, taking him out now is inevitably bad for town. He should really only be a last resort.
Right now, my suspicions lie with Mr.Person. His assault on Leafsnail is unwarranted -- lynching Pandar was a mistake, but it was better than a no-lynch.

Mr. Person seems to be trying to build a bandwagon on Leaf, attacking him for our loss of a very powerful pro-town role. We had a chance of hitting scum with Pandarsenic, albeit a low one. Would you rather have prolonged the day and let potential scum get away? Time is one thing we don't have as town.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 27, 2009, 06:41:34 pm »

I really can't wrap my mind around Toony's role.
If what he says is true, he need only sit back and let the game play out -- he is guaranteed victorious. He could just lurk and still win. Such a role is ridiculously overpowered, and I can't see webadict doing something like that.

As it stands though, I think he's drawn the attention of a vigilante -- someone is likely going to target him tonight, to call his bluff. They'd have nothing to lose, after all. Unless this is Toony's goal.

He's done everything possible to deter us from lynching him, and it's worked surprisingly well. On the subject of NKs, however, things become a little less clear. He says he's immune to them, but that's all. If we have a vig in our ranks, I'm almost certain they're going to target Toony tonight.

Now, what if this is actually Toony's goal? Perhaps he needs to be killed by NK to win -- the opposite of a jester.

That would explain his scummy behaviour, as he needs to get killed, and it would also make his supposed 'claim' make sense.
There is another possibility, of course. Toony may be a sort of 'superjester' who must be lynched multiple times --that would also make his ridiculous claims make sense.
Either way, taking him out now is inevitably bad for town. He should really only be a last resort.
Right now, my suspicions lie with Mr.Person. His assault on Leafsnail is unwarranted -- lynching Pandar was a mistake, but it was better than a no-lynch.

Mr. Person seems to be trying to build a bandwagon on Leaf, attacking him for our loss of a very powerful pro-town role. We had a chance of hitting scum with Pandarsenic, albeit a low one. Would you rather have prolonged the day and let potential scum get away? Time is one thing we don't have as town.

Are we talking about the same game? Time during the day is the greatest resource the town has. I've said it before, I don't mind the fact that Pandarsenic got lynched, I don't like the way Leafsnail scummily lynched Pandarsenic. Are you seriously trying to say that the way Leafsnail lynched Pandarsenic is ok?

"Fuck you town, you do what I want! Screw talking, Pandarsenic is scum, LYNCH LYNCH LYNCH LYNCH!"
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 27, 2009, 06:56:01 pm »

Look at Pandarsenic's posts before he was lynched!
They're the very definition of scummy.
Reading through, it seems like he was trying to take a refuge in audacity; his actions were so scummy that they weren't. He was as good a lynch as any; he wasn't helpful at all and he even spread WIFOM. (Hey guys. Vote self. Unvote self. OMGUS.)

It's a pity he turned out to be pro-town, but anyone looking at a situation like that would immediately jump on him for being scum. The way the situation was going, it was going to end in a NL; a free NK for scum. Leafsnail saw this and took out Pandar because even a slight chance of taking out scum is better than no chance at all.

I really don't see anything scummy about Leafsnails behaviour. Was it a bad move? Yes. Was it scummy? No.

I'll argue that it would've been scummier to prolong the day, or let it end in a NL.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 27, 2009, 07:22:21 pm »

So...anyone would "immediately jump on him for being scum."

Is that right?  You scum.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 27, 2009, 07:32:30 pm »

I'll argue that it would've been scummier to prolong the day,

Then you're a moron, the day was too short. Pandarsenic didn't have a chance to claim, others didn't have a chance to chime in and react, and most importantly, we didn't get a chance to let Pandarsenic seriously say who he thought was scum and why.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 47