Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 47

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 66044 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Day 2: That's Elmo's World) [Need 1 Replacement]
« Reply #390 on: October 26, 2009, 07:33:24 pm »

Also,Eduren,will you please tell us if you made a night action on leafsnail? And leafsnail,are you capable of making a night action? If so,please keep using it.
Well, TBH, the odds of a person being able to take a night action are going to be pretty high in BYORM. Both flips had night actions.

If these suspicions are correct (that SuiseisekiLeafsnail reveals self/those targeting her) then it is helpful for either side.
For the town, it says, "This guy acted on you." and depending on what happens, can tell you what they are. Or, if it functions post-death, will help find scum.
For the scum, it'll help them show who's on to them and using abilities so they can NK them.

...it's going to be much more useful for scum either way, if precedence works the way I think it does...
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 26, 2009, 07:34:56 pm »

dang, didn't notice that failed to post until then. hmm.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 26, 2009, 08:47:12 pm »

As far as Shadow is going, it's sounding that he's less rolefishing and more trying to figure out what the glowing is about.  As such, I don't see him as quite wrong just yet.

I AM wondering why Person is ignoring my vote on him, though.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 26, 2009, 08:59:57 pm »

Alright, guys.  Before I go to sleep let me lay the facts straight to you guys.

I am a survivor.  Not Town or Mafia.

I am kill-immune.
I am unlynchable.
I show up Mafia to inspects.

Now I am quite certain Webadict made this role to screw Town.  All of you messing with me while Mafia goes to victory.  And I'm going to roll with that.  I don't care about Town.  While you guys waste your time repeatably killing me the Mafia will off all of you and I will win with them.  As long as the Mafia isn't stupid enough to waste a kill on me I'm pretty cool with being their punching bag while they play around in the background.  Now, I don't know who they are, and I don't even care if they contact me or not.  Now, think about this Town.  Do you want to waste your time with me?  Or do you actually want a chance to win?

I'm not afraid of anything, but fear itself.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 26, 2009, 09:03:13 pm »

Hm.  It seems that you've won the game by virtue of being in it, if that's true.  Since I don't want to play the WIFOM game right now, I figure it's time to ask others questions and hope you're telling the truth.

UnvoteDakarian, whence such weighty silence?  You don't sound like your usual self.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 26, 2009, 10:36:07 pm »

Alright, guys.  Before I go to sleep let me lay the facts straight to you guys.

I am a survivor.  Not Town or Mafia.

I am kill-immune.
I am unlynchable.
I show up Mafia to inspects.

Now I am quite certain Webadict made this role to screw Town.
If you're so confident, why not you telling us what your rolename is? perhaps it reveals his weakness, in which case...I'm not sure whether it would benefit town to know. Other guys wanna talk 'bout that?

Let's see: (Some) Options of moddity on Toonyman
Unkillable. (unlikely)
multikill needed?
Roleblock necessary to kill.
needed one of those statuses (ninja, etc) to die, or was killed by getting one
Tilesets

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 26, 2009, 11:00:50 pm »

Cobalt, why are you voting for me? The one 'buddying' quote I did was what I believed, because there were no detracts. None at all. Refusing to say it was stupid. Are you voting for me because Toony was buddying with me? That makes no sense. A scum would try to buddy with town, so as to throw suspicion on the town if the scum is lynched.

Also, I don't think we should lynch Toony. We should focus on finding other scum, as we have no way of finding out if Toony is un-lynchable or not than by wasting a lynch.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Day 2: That's Elmo's World)
« Reply #397 on: October 26, 2009, 11:21:14 pm »

Actually, an investigator of some sort might clear it up.
I'm voting you because you ...where did I leave those reasons? I'm a bit too sleepy to recall them at the moment. I think it was voting history, being there to lynch Pandarsenic, and a gut feeling thanks to you sort of being like a Distinguished Quiet Monocle Gentleman version of Toony - that is, you behave in a distinct, difficult to analyze manner. (I agree, this is not really a scumtell, since you always seem to do this.)

Toony's buddying might've crept into my subconscious inadvertently.

Y'know what I think though? We lose less by testing Toony's lynchability than by lynching a town, if we can get his vote on our side. So, continue to hunt scum, etc, but remember that "lynching an unlynchable" should be equivalent to a no-lynch, not a mislynch.

If he's un-nightkillable, then that means he's not so automafia-and it goes to a game of diplomacy.

Crap. Town may ha'e a disadvantage there. Mod, can mafia PM nonmafia?

ote to self: post less while sleepish
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 26, 2009, 11:26:03 pm »

anyway, do not wish to change vote when reasoning is not at peak, do not wish to be swayed by scumminess easily (nothing personal). I know I decided it for a reason, and I know I'll be on tomorrow.

A refinement of gut feeling: it feels like you're vulturing.

As dakarian said elsewhere, I'll pull the 'webadict' card- don't secondguess yourself too much.
Tilesets

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 26, 2009, 11:33:27 pm »

Mod, can mafia PM nonmafia?
Only Mafia can PM Mafia.

They have a QuickTopic, which they will use.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 26, 2009, 11:48:48 pm »

Well, you said 'only mafia pms' in intropost, so.

'k, good...though...in retrospect, it's a pretty stupid question. Mafia wouldn't PM nonmafia (in this case I was suggesting Toony) because it'd make them Confirmed Mafia (nonmafia, they're modkilled).

more theorizing
So, on Toony problem. How do we get him to vote with town(assuming that yes, unlynchable/unNKable sur'i'or)? Mafia ha'e slightly bigger threat potential if there is a way around those, as they get built-in cooperation, slightly more roleinfo.
(Identifying town is a separate problem. A townbase with no PMs will be somewhat harder.)
Somehow if the two needed roles (say, roleblock, NK) got split twixt town/mafia...then neither town nor mafia can really threaten.

...Toony, how do we buy you? (Dangerous question, as information in thread will go to mafia as well, I know...)
Tilesets

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 27, 2009, 02:32:45 am »

And the inability to PM bites me in the ass.

Hello, ToonyMan. I don't know what you can do, but you're welcome.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 27, 2009, 02:40:14 am »

Person, what have you to say of Dakarians vote on you?

Toony: Actually, wait. There is absolutely no way for you to lose? That sounds off. My best lead at the moment is to vote for you, which if you are telling the truth is a no-lynch, and which if you are lieing is a mafia-kill (you said you turned up mafia on inspection, if you are lieing now it means you are mafia).
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 27, 2009, 02:58:59 am »

Well, I could blast him for not realizing that not only did I claim town and explain why I thought it was stupid, there were other people who did NOT claim town and provided no reason for not claiming their alignment, but I'm not going to waste time on his really bad accusation, since I could be trying to find the scum.

@SHAD0Wdump: Ok, your answer is reasonable. I'll unvote. HOWEVER, do NOT tell others what to do, it's always up to the individual players to do what they want. For all we know, the glowing green stuff could be radioactive and deadly, but only if the player does the action twice. Now, this is all baseless speculation and equally likely (and in fact I doubt this, because Leafsnail probably would of claimed it already), but don't let other players tell you what to do unless you happen to agree with them, in which case, yeah, go ahead. Hell, I'd probably do whatever to Leafsnail again if I was glowing (and had actioned him, since SHAD0Wdump never claimed, and he shouldn't, but I'll just assume he did), unless I was a cop or something that needs to be spread around. It's just that I want each player to make up their own mind.

Now then, Leafsnail, an hour and a half is not enough time to get responses from people. What made you think that even a quarter of the players, including Pandarsenic, would come on in an hour and half and have a discussion about Pandarsenic's scumminess and his eventual roleclaim? Additionally, what made you think that the day going on for a good while was a good enough reason to justify ending the day without anybody else getting involved?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 27, 2009, 04:21:24 am »

Quote from: Chibi Person
Now then, Leafsnail, an hour and a half is not enough time to get responses from people. What made you think that even a quarter of the players, including Pandarsenic, would come on in an hour and half and have a discussion about Pandarsenic's scumminess and his eventual roleclaim? Additionally, what made you think that the day going on for a good while was a good enough reason to justify ending the day without anybody else getting involved?
Leafsnail's worry was that, on voting for a day extension, webadict would give 1 - 2 extra hours (remember, webadict did not give an exact time for the day to end, desu), desu.  Leafsnail thought that this would give Pandar the chance to come on (he and Leafsnail seemed to be the only users online, desu) and vote Apost to get a NL, desu.  Basically, Leafsnail thought he had hit scum, and fucked up badly, desu.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 47